Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So a racist Korean moves to racist Singapore and tries valiantly to lecture people in the US about racism.
    Sounds like the perfect pretentious movie. Fund it.

7+ Year Old Account
    You aren't racist? prove it. I'm only pointing out that both South Korea and Singapore have problems with racism. How is that nation bashing? Because if I am guilty of nation bashing then certainly you are as well... So which is it going to be? You are guilty and I'm guilty, or we are both not guilty.
    You are forgetting the old and tired rules of gen-ot about racism, only white people can be racist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I have a reminder for you. I'm speaking about American political parties and American political systems. Idc what the rest of the world calls anything really.
    Ye, that is your problem.

You aren't racist? prove it. I'm only pointing out that both South Korea and Singapore have problems with racism. How is that nation bashing? Because if I am guilty of nation bashing then certainly you are as well... So which is it going to be? You are guilty and I'm guilty, or we are both not guilty.
    No, you engaged in flaming, whataboutism and nation bashing. You performed a textbook example of whataboutism. South Korea and Singapore are wholly irrelevant when talking about USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    No, you engaged in flaming, whataboutism and nation bashing. You performed a textbook example of whataboutism. South Korea and Singapore are wholly irrelevant when talking about USA.
    Yet we still wait for you to tell us how I was flaming or nation bashing... tick tock... tick tock...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Yet we still wait for you to tell us how I was flaming or nation bashing... tick tock... tick tock...
    Calling me a racist korean, is flaming. Saying racist Singapore is explicitly nation bashing.

Calling me a racist korean, is flaming. Saying racist Singapore is explicitly nation bashing.
    And you're exempt from this judgement because?

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it flaming when its true? We still are waiting for you to prove you aren't. Now if I nation bashed, then certainly you were nation bashing as well. You dont get to say crap like

Regardless, not being white in the US makes people act racist to you.
    And not get called out on it.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And you're exempt from this judgement because?
    I called nobody racist and I didn't say a country is racist.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it flaming when its true?
    That's the point, it isn't true. You're just engaging in ridiculous whataboutism and trying to form a false moral equivalence and then calling me racist for pointing out your problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, if you had spent HALF the time reading what I wrote as you surely used to write that, you would have saved yourself a lot of work. Then again, perhaps you are one of those who try to feel better by flooding text. No matter, I'll keep it brief.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    That's cute. I'll follow up on this in a second here. Really adorable though.
    Thanks, I know I am.

Sigh. Okay.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40598484

This Al-Qaeda operative was tortured in Guantanamo after allegedly killing an American soldier, we should give him 10million because his human rights were violated.

Interesting because it seems like Khadr killing someone didn't violate their human rights.

Tell me that isn't an underdog scenario right there.
    Because the opinion of some are the opinion of all. Right. I'll remember that the next time a small group of Israeli celebrates a palestinian child being burned alive. Previously, I just thought it meant that they were a few rotten apples, now I'll remember that if ONE member of a group has an opinion, EVERYONE has it. Thank you for "teaching" me that. /s

Because the idea that Israel should 'give back' land that was taken due to military conflict is akin to the notion that American's should 'Give Back' land that was taken from Native Americans due to military conflict. It's called a similarity, it's useful in situations where a person may not understand a scenario unless it is assisted with something they may find to be a bit more personal.
    I actually think that the US SHOULD return as much land as possible to the remaining tribes, at least where the land in question is contested, or gained by ill means. So your comparison is actually spot on, just not in the way you probably intended.

See. My point isn't that Israel deserves the land under just historical terms, but that there are three qualifications as to why Israel deserves to exist in the place it does.
    Okay, I'm listening.

1. Historical Context: There is no doubt that Jews lived in Israel, numerous monuments and historical documents from that time period give credence to Israel as a nation in that area.
    Yes, there is also no doubt some twenty other cultural and ethnical groups lived there, should they ALL get to share that land then, or is the israelis special?

2. National Need: The people of Israel have suffered at the hands of nations because they have always been considered a stranger in another nation's land. Germany didn't consider the Jewish people German, neither did the Russians, Spanish, Polish, French, etc. They considered them Jews, people without a home, foreigners that lived at the mercy of whatever Nation they lived in. While this wasn't the opinion of the Jews, time and again History has made this clear. Jews need a homeland.
    Past tense. Jewish people are not viewed in the same way today, except by certain unsavoury parts of the political right-wing. Besides, your argument applies to the gypsies, as well as just about every indigenous people on occupied...sorry, "colonized" land. Should THEY all get their own country too, or are we once again considering the Israelis "special"?

(Snip)
    My god, you do go on...Yes, there is no doubt that the Jews have been horribly treated throughout history (in Europe, this began due to envy, since the Christian faith forbid lending money for interest, while the Jewish faith had no such taboo, hence making them rich, and despised). But this also applies to a LOT of other people. The best way to prevent further suffering of Jews is not to be uncritical of a Israeli government that treats OTHERS like Jews (sadly) have been treated throughout history. Look into how black jews in Israel is treated, if you will.

The way to prevent further tragedy is to 1. Remember history, and 2. treat Israel like any other nation, which means holding it to international law.

...You definitely need a source for this claim.

As of 2016, Taxation in the State of Palestine is subject to the Oslo Accords, notably the Protocol on Economic Relations or Paris Protocol, which was signed in 1994 by the PLO and Israel. The Paris Protocol established a customs union, which essentially formalized the existing situation where the Palestinian economy was merged into the Israeli one. Formally, the Palestinian Authority (PA) is entitled to collect taxes from the Palestinians in the Palestinian territories, but some 75% of the total tax revenue was as of 2014 collected by Israel on behalf of the PA and transferred on monthly basis. Israel has regularly withheld the taxes it owes the Palestinian Authority.

See? This is the underdog thing I was talking about.
    Way to miss the point, which was that BOTH sides suffer in the conflict, a point that you managed to miss entirely. Maybe if you spend some more time actually reading what you reply to...

Man those poor Palestinians. If only they could get their way and kill all the Jews in Israel, then they could turn Palestine back into a disease-ridden swamp like it was before Jews fixed it up.
    Oh, nice attitude there. You managed in one sentence to: 1. Imply that EVERY Palestinian from the baby in the crib to the old grandmother in bed wants EVERY Jew in Israel dead, 2. Imply that the Palestinians were nothing but "savages" before the Israeli's "fixed it up", and 3. Imply that the land had no value before the Israeli fixed it up. Bravo, that is a lot of shitty attitude to cram into a single sentence!

Yeah, you missed the point again. I'm no fan of the US, anything that gains the US military and government (which is as far as I am concerned, is among the biggest bullies around) is something I won't see as an automatic boon.

Because there is no evidence of Jewish Persecution throughout recorded history. No, my statement that Jews without a Homeland is pure conjecture, it's all in my head! The Holocaust was a one time thing only. There's NEVER been a series of repeated atrocities against the Jewish people simply for the fact that they're Jewish. No WAY.

They weren't blamed for the outbreak of the Bubonic Plague.

They weren't tortured to death or faced conversion by the Spanish Inquisition.

They weren't killed en-masse by the Crusaders over the death of Jesus.

Nope! That time in Iran when the Iranian government seized their property, killed families, and only the lucky ones were able to flee and live in exile. The Muslims were just trying to be friendly!
    Yeah, if you can un-twist your panties for a moment, the point was NOT that the Jews HAS NOT been horribly treated (because they have), but that your assertion that THE SAME WILL HAPPEN AGAIN, is conjecture.

Or maybe! Maybe Wikipedia is Run by the Jews that Love Trump and that's why there's all these documented cases of Jewish persecution! Right! That has to be it! Jews and Trump and Spicer and The Russians.
    You are a fan of conspiracy theories I see. Well, that does not make two of us.

Oppressors. Right. Okay.

Like I said. I won't convince you, you've proven that you barely know the timeline of facts between now and the past twenty years.

But I can at least give you a lesson in history.
    You certainly know how to cherrypick historical facts and mix it with conjecture while ignoring other facets of it entirely, I will give you that.

Cute pic by the way, here, have one for yourself as well:

Oh, PS. I won't bother replying to any more walls of texts. It's really not worth my time, so if you actually have something worthwhile to add, kindly make it succinct as I value my sleep above your...ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I called nobody racist and I didn't say a country is racist.
    So we are all imagining that you said that not being white in the US makes people act racist to you. Is that your testimony?

So we are all imagining that you said that not being white in the US makes people act racist to you. Is that your testimony?
    I didn't say the US is a racist country, like you said Singapore is. I said there are people who will act racist to you in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the point, it isn't true. You're just engaging in ridiculous whataboutism and trying to form a false moral equivalence and then calling me racist for pointing out your problems.
    No, I'm not calling you racist for pointing out the problems in the US, I have no problem saying that there are people in the US that are racist. You seem to want to ignore the racism in your own country and the country you currently reside in.

No, I'm not calling you racist for pointing out the problems in the US, I have no problem saying that there are people in the US that are racist. You seem to want to ignore the racism in your own country and the country you currently reside in.
    Nope. Also, this is the ridiculous whataboutism I was talking about. Singapore and South Korea are wholly irrelevant to racism in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I just don't really care about non-Americans opinions about our politics.
    Like I said, you are clearly an openminded and reflected person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say the US is a racist country, like you said Singapore is. I said there are people who will act racist to you in the US.
    And there are people that will act racist to you in Singapore... and in South Korea... and in every other country on the planet. Racism doesn't stop at a border. Racism doesn't give a fuck about laws. Racism is in the hearts of people that have been taught to hate. Just like folks that hate white people, or black people, or brown people. All of those people are racist. I know its an inconvenient fact, but its still a fact. And if you hate white people, then you are racist.

And there are people that will act racist to you in Singapore... and in South Korea... and in every other country on the planet. Racism doesn't stop at a border. Racism doesn't give a fuck about laws. Racism is in the hearts of people that have been taught to hate. Just like folks that hate white people, or black people, or brown people. All of those people are racist. I know its an inconvenient fact, but its still a fact. And if you hate white people, then you are racist.
    /yawn

More whataboutism. Not interested.

Simple. The victorious Allied Powers partitioned the Ottoman Empire which was part of the Central Powers. They divided the nations up into multiple countries, however one such country was to be a Jewish nation, that nation was to be from what is now Jordan, to the west until it hit the Sea. Unfortunately there were not enough Muslim nations and plenty of rioting happened until Israel got this teeny tiny little bit of land. And then a coalition of Arab nations attacked the fledgling Israel.
    So built the Jewish land in Germany or England or America if you wanna give them land.

Give them Wales or a Bundesland or a state.

The Palestinians are suffering greatly under the Israeli regime and they have every right to do everything necessary to fight back.

Yes, that includes bombings. Given how powerful Israel is compared to the Palestinians the Palestinians have no other way to fight back than guerilla warfare.

If a people invades your land, occupies it and subjugates your people you have the moral right to do any violence necessary to regain what is yours.

The French or Polish had the right to kill the shit out of us Germans. Same goes for the poor Palestinians vs the occupying Israelis.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Like I said, you are clearly an openminded and reflected person.
    thank you 10char

- - - Updated - - -

/yawn

More whataboutism. Not interested.
    "U.S. is horrible!! they are so racist!!!"

Singapore, your home country is very racist as well and treats guest workers like slaves

" Pffft, What does Singapore have to do with anything?"

Stones in glass houses maam.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Lol ok.

I see you got a tad upset about the "Antifa being Fascists" Thread.

Protip: The current "regressive" left is far more inline with being Neo-Nazis than the alt-right purely through their actions.
    Yep.

/10 chars