Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Other than Deicide not invoking "but Blizzard can do anything they want!" your arguments on High Elves are extremely close to each other, so *shrug*. And as Zulkan already mentioned, your understanding of Horde mentality is rather weird. Suddenly your portrayal of Chronicle material became much clearer though.

Again, they have a completely different basis, so "extremely close to each other" is not so much anything but incorrect. But I know, nuance. I suppose my understanding of your interpretations is now much easier as well.

As for herd mentality, I'll try to be short, as this is no place for lectures on such a subject. Herd mentality is at its core defined as this;

The tendency for people's behaviour or beliefs to conform to those of the group to which they belong.
    Now, when it comes to ideological groups, say a political party or movement, herd mentality is directly tied to the ideological basis, and to inability to think out of its set boundaries, often resulting in a very antagonist stance towards anything that does not adhere to it strickly and firmly, be it a political party, a movement, an individual, etc. A glaring example would be RINOs, where often unaffiliated individuals are branded together for not adhering to the group's fundamental base, and where those who do are often not able to correctly and individually assess the situation thanks to their heir mentality, instead lashing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Stop trying to make high elves happen, it's never going to happen.
    100% this. Why are there so many people obsessed with trying to make High Elves playable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousLlama View Post
    100% this. Why are there so many people obsessed with trying to make High Elves playable?
    A number of reasons, really.

Some people just like cliché tropes, the High Elves being one of them. Playing a Blood Elf would not work for them, as a part of the High Elf cliché is being friends with humans and dwarves.

Some like their looks, but at the same time, they do not want to play the Horde, for whatever reason.

Some genuinely like their lore. Including the rejection of Rommath's teachings.

And some are just Warcraft II fans who are nostalgic of the "good old times", when the High Elven Rangers hunted orcs across all of Azeroth, and want to revel them. Can't do that with a Blood Elf character either. And by Warcraft II fans, I am speaking of those people who came to Warcraft in 1994-6 and who are extremely nostalgic of the era.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I can totally see it
    On ptr, Alleria becomes the first high elf to embrace void magic by siphoning the very essence of a fallen Naaru, and she ends up mastering its powers.
    I think there's a good probability she will teach her newly acquired knowledge to the remaining Allerian elves of Argus and Outland the way Illidan did to Blood elves (Yep Thalassian rangers who followed Alleria during WII are on Argus too : http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=121559/high-elf-ranger) but also to her sister Vereesa who in turn, will bring what she learnt to the High elves of Azeroth, thus creating a new lore and unlocking High elves as a playable race for the Alliance.

From this way, the high elves would finally become interesting counterparts to blood elves instead of just being Alliance-loyal blood elves.

Blood elves would draw their power from the light of a Naaru, while High elves would do it from a dead one.

Void High elves would be a darkened elf race with a mix of thalassian culture and void magic style. Instead of just having generic classes, they could bring to the Alliance some interesting classes combinations such as Void paladin, void cleric and void magister. And it would really fit the upcoming expansion based upon the rise of the old gods !

What are your thoughts ?

(found on Scrolls of lore) datamined stuff from 7.3

Long story short, you're never going to get any version of high elves. They're already in game as Blood Elves, High Elves no longer exist in the Warcraft universe.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    A number of reasons, really.

Some people just like cliché tropes, the High Elves being one of them. Playing a Blood Elf would not work for them, as a part of the High Elf cliché is being friends with humans and dwarves.

Some like their looks, but at the same time, they do not want to play the Horde, for whatever reason.

Some genuinely like their lore. Including the rejection of Rommath's teachings.

And some are just Warcraft II fans who are nostalgic of the "good old times", when the High Elven Rangers hunted orcs across all of Azeroth, and want to revel them. Can't do that with a Blood Elf character either. And by Warcraft II fans, I am speaking of those people who came to Warcraft in 1994-6 and who are extremely nostalgic of the era.
    Its like some people are unable to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

high elves should join the horde.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    They did in 2007.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Furthermore, Deicide is a respectable and polite poster, and as such, I treat him in kind.
    Thank you!

I wonder what are these "void elves". I don't think it will be a player race, and IMO four elf races are enough. But what's Blizzard's plans for them? If not for the name in the files, I'd bet those are ethereal weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    "If you are not with me, you are my enemy" is one of the exemplars of herd mentality, especially if the said herd has an ideological basis.
    No. Again, that's not herd mentality. What you just mentioned is extremism/absolutism at best. I don't intend to argue on the validity of the latter's implication and I'll simply stop at saying these two aspects can be related but are not synonims.

Well, I don't even remember any interaction with you other than agreeing the orcs were butchered during the past few expansions, and that they need positive development, so there's little basis for me to put you in any bag, even if I were doing that.
    I don't see the relevance of our personal interactions here. You and I are obviously not in the same "bag". The closer to that would be, again, me, Mehrunes and Friendly, since the three of us are the ones that most notably argued against your points (and I'm putting focus on the last two words as nothing's personal here, these arguments do indeed find the agreement of several people besides you) unless your reference was to someone else outside of the thread which would be weird enough.

And I actually do not share too many ideas and arguments with Deicide, so your presented proposition does not seem to provide a meaningful explanation in this particular case. We were really put into this "one bag", as in called buddies" because we both disagreed with a certain notion, yet the grounds on which we disagreed with it are rather different from each other.
    But in this case and particular topic you indeed agreed on basically all points except a few of them, much like the same could be said about the three of us on this particular topic again. Point is, on the end of the day it looked like everyone was thrown into a "bag" based on the shared agreement of both "sides".

Furthermore, Deicide is a respectable and polite poster, and as such, I treat him in kind.
    No one's arguing that and is not strictly relevant, in all fairness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They did in 2007.
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

a) Playable ogres are introduced.
    b) The blood elves reunite with their kin, and the race is relocated to neutral status, i.e. the Pandaren option.
    c) Both factions are now complete.
    d) The end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Long story short, you're never going to get any version of high elves. They're already in game as Blood Elves, High Elves no longer exist in the Warcraft universe.
    A long story cut short... you have no clue what you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if high elves would be a subrace it will be for blood elves...

and why in the ass you guys think giving nightborn to horde everything will be ok? we do not want that
    If anything, the Nightborne would be neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The blood elves reunite with their kin, and the race is relocated to neutral status, i.e. the Pandaren option
    A minority of exiles rejoining their huge kingdom ain't going to make any difference in terms of politics. They lack the relevance and power to tip the scale on any direction.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    A minority of exiles rejoining their huge kingdom ain't going to make any difference in terms of politics. They lack the relevance and power to tip the scale on any direction.
    And? This is a game; the lore supports the elves being neutral, and it's the best option for this "issue." Also, what happened to your troll avatar? Roose Bolton isn't the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    a) Playable ogres are introduced.
    b) The blood elves reunite with their kin, and the race is relocated to neutral status, i.e. the Pandaren option.
    c) Both factions are now complete.
    d) The end.
    Blood elves are not going neutral, No amount of headcanon will change that. Not to mention blizzard said they didnt like neutral races before.

- - - Updated - - -

And? This is a game; the lore supports the elves being neutral, and it's the best option for this "issue." Also, what happened to your troll avatar? Roose Bolton isn't the same.
    Aside from your headcanon, nothing supports blood elves going neutral.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    If anything, the Nightborne would be neutral.
    they should nto even be playable

also, no other race should be neutral no more

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Blood elves are not going neutral, No amount of headcanon will change that. Not to mention blizzard said they didnt like neutral races before.

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from your headcanon, nothing supports blood elves going neutral.
    Once again, ignoring your d-bag rhetoric and constant trolling, Blizzard has never stated that they disliked neutral races. In fact, the closest that you can come up with is a quote by Greg Street a/k/a Ghostcrawler (and he's no longer employed by Blizzard). Likewise, 99% of the lore for the race has them as isolationist and neutral to the affairs of the outside world. That isn't headcanon; that's merely the current lore. Now, if you have a problem with that statement then - by all means - take it up with the Blizzard writers. In the interim, stop flaming discussions on the forums for people requesting and proposing solutions to the Quel'dorei "issue."
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-07-26 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, ignoring your d-bag rhetoric and constant trolling, Blizzard has never stated that they disliked neutral races. In fact, the closest that you can come up with is a quote by Greg Street a/k/a Ghostcrawler (and he's no longer employed by Blizzard)
    Just because it goes against your prize headcanon doesn't make it trolling. Just because he no longer works for blizzard doesn't make his statement any less applicable. They didn't want to deny anyone Pandaren. this has obviously never been the case for Blood elves.

They Usesd to be isolationists. Back before they joined the Horde in burning crusade, and Jaina beat whatever was left of their neutral feelings out of them.

by all means - take it up with the Blizzard writers.
    you mean the same writers who didnt want to deny anyone pandaren, but obviously never had an issue with blood elves? Your headcanon =/= lore. Nothing shows them at all that they will be, or are considering neutrality outside of your dream.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i am not talking about bloods elves. i am talking about high elves that the alliance keeps demanding. just to shut them up.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    And? This is a game; the lore supports the elves being neutral, and it's the best option for this "issue."
    Are you just suggesting this should happen out of nowhere? I mean, if you really want that you should at least come up with a reason, surely something better than "a bunch of irrelevant exiles once being neutral or Alliance rejoined our ranks so IT'S TIME BOYS, LET'S EVERYONE JUMP ON THE NEUTRAL WAGON, YEAAAAAAH"

Also, what happened to your troll avatar? Roose Bolton isn't the same.
    I don't know why my avatar is focus of that much fascination and attention. And didn't you just have an Ogre or something on your own?