Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    But how do I play Warcraft III then? D:

In all seriousness, I hope this means we'll actually see HD remakes of WC3 and D2 like they have with SC1.
    Didn't Blizz announce the first patch for WC3 in a decade recently to make it work on newer machines?

Found it.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...h-1-28.292988/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Going to guess some people in Latin america who play the game. Wouldn't be surprised if the Ragnaros server loses 1/3 of its population with this change.
    We can only hope and pray. Maybe then I'll get raid members who speak my language. Was about to do an achieve run to finally get glory of the legion hero, had them hop into discord. And 3 of them didn't speak a lick of english. =-(
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Didn't Blizz announce the first patch for WC3 in a decade recently to make it work on newer machines?

Found it.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...h-1-28.292988/

- - - Updated - - -

We can only hope and pray. Maybe then I'll get raid members who speak my language. Was about to do an achieve run to finally get glory of the legion hero, had them hop into discord. And 3 of them didn't speak a lick of english. =-(
    I imagine their older games will still be supported for modern systems. But Vista nor XP are modern. Vista was RTM in 2006 and XP was RTM in 2001. Their general release for each one was 2007 and 2001.

While 7 is coming up to 8 years old it is still supported and the most used OS in terms of usage share.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-26 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Then don't make it a cellphone. All the pre-installed apps are easy as hell to remove. You can bring back the classic start menu.

I went from 7 to 10 and i have had 0 problems with the OS. No driver issues and im using usb devices which almost predates usb. Aka old as shit. Works just fine.
    I did but think about what you wrote

"do x and y and z and d and f and z ...then you can have a version just as good as before!"

windows 10 is shit. Every day i go to work and there we use windows 7...wish i had it at home.

There is nothing new and innovating coming out of microsoft these days. There business model is who can i repackage the same product and sell it again and again and again and again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Windows 10 and it's fine, I have no idea what's all the bitching about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Source on the bolded part? Or just wild speculation?
    speculation but not sure how wild it is. A lot of software is going that route...office has. Google "Windows 365". It has already been trademarked. You'll also find a bunch of market speculation on it. Microsoft's stakeholders will be pushing this soon.

There current model is "repackage windows" sell it and give free upgrades/updates. A lot of capital goes into those upgrades, a subscription base product forces you to pay for those upgrades/updates.

Well no i read the person above this, i'll add ...windows 10 also provides them with micro consumer data which they then sell for $$. The think is they will still capture that under a subscription base licences.

The question is not if its coming but when.
    Last edited by Banard; 2017-07-26 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    speculation but not sure how wild it is. A lot of software is going that route...office has. Google "Windows 365". It has already been trademarked. You'll also find a bunch of market speculation on it. Microsoft's stakeholders will be pushing this soon.

There current model is "repackage windows" sell it and give free upgrades/updates. A lot of capital goes into those upgrades, a subscription base product forces you to pay for those upgrades/updates.
    Exactly. Speculation. And if it does start charging for updates or to use the OS then I'll come back and say I was wrong.

And I will happily switch back to 7.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-26 at 01:22 PM.

If this game could use dx12 to split the load across multiple cores, you may see a huge performance increase since so much of the game is bound to a single core. Improving games that are "bottlenecked to just one cpu thread" is a core tenant of why DX12 exists, and the very essence of the upgrade vs dx11. I'd love to see wow break the processor bottleneck on high end machines, perhaps have its graphics run much closer to Overwatch in their consistency and break that 40-60 fps cap in major areas and some raids. I imagine 1080p users would benefit the most from this, but all users experience relatively low fps in major hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly. Speculation. And if it does start charging for updates or to use the OS then I'll come back and say I was wrong.

And I will happily switch back to 7.
    I would not bet against it. Do you think Microsoft is going to be the lone wolf in the market with software that is not subscription base?

Office 365 is the testing grounds....

Win 7 <- last true desktop/laptop OS from Microsoft
    Win 8 <- OMG! iPad's are selling! Let's trow our userbase under the bus, all hail the fat fingered tablet user. Surface or bust!
    Win 10 <- Well, that didn't work. Let's do a halfhearted retreat, and add more spyware and ads in the process

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    There is literally not even one single benefit of me using Windows 10, at all. Not even one. Only negatives.
    Then don't use it?
    Why would it work any different ? I've mentioned before, the Windows 7 VM is used only for gaming. Not to mention that I'm blocking the majority of outgoing/incoming traffic on the OS level and then everything is routed through pfsense (google it) with the appropriate firewall configuration.
    And yet Microsoft knows everything about you.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Well no i read the person above this, i'll add ...windows 10 also provides them with micro consumer data which they then sell for $$. The think is they will still capture that under a subscription base licences.

Funnily enough it's called 'Microsoft 365' and not 'Windows 365' https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...5/default.aspx

Upgrade to Windows 10 and pay attention to all the dialogue boxes when you install it so you can make sure you have all the correct settings for your particular wishes.

It's vastly superior to Windows 10, and the only reason to not upgrade is because you are stubborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account

Apple has already been doing this for years. They charge for OS updates whenever a new version comes out which is at least once a year. Windows may go that route but there's nothing that says it's happening yet. For now they charge for the OS at the start and provide free updates which is no different than their previous OS's.

They will charge for their Applications for people who want to go that route. I did it recently. I paid for 1 month of Office 365. I could've purchased the entire suite or a 1 year subscription as well. Office is and will always be their money maker. Not their OS.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    and the only reason to not upgrade is because you are stubborn.
    I don't see any benefits to upgrading, seriously. There is not even a speed benefit, not with 32GB RAM and an SSD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Then don't use it?
    People are generalizing that everyone should upgrade, which is stupid.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-07-26 at 02:42 PM.

I don't see any benefits to upgrading, seriously. There is not even a speed benefit, not with 32GB RAM and an SSD.
    Drivers alone was enough for me to switch. Every single device I have ever installed or used on Windows 10 had drivers that worked by simply installing the component.

No more goofy uninstall/reinstall of motherboard drivers to get Bluetooth to work, or my on board sound to work.

It's not free anymore I don't think, but when it was free, it was a no-brainer.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Upgrade to Windows 10 and pay attention to all the dialogue boxes when you install it so you can make sure you have all the correct settings for your particular wishes.

It's vastly superior to Windows 10, and the only reason to not upgrade is because you are stubborn.
    pure propaganda.

There is nothing superior in window 10 over previous editions...well besides 8 but 8 dont count.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Win 7 <- last true desktop/laptop OS from Microsoft
    Win 8 <- OMG! iPad's are selling! Let's trow our userbase under the bus, all hail the fat fingered tablet user. Surface or bust!
    Win 10 <- Well, that didn't work. Let's do a halfhearted retreat, and add more spyware and ads in the process
    historically accurate. There is a reason why windows 10 was free...it was the "how can we go back to 7 as much as possible"

pure propaganda.

There is nothing superior in window 10 over previous editions...well besides 8 but 8 dont count.
    DirectX12, display scaling, UI functionality improvements, Windows Hello, Fast Startup, Universal Apps, Secure Boot, Xbox App...

Yeah, none of that is superior to Windows 7.

I must be a paid Micro$oft shill in order to enjoy those things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    This is probably the worst place to ask this question BUT what's the deal with Win10? I have been using it since 2015 on a 3000$ laptop and it's a piece of sh*t in every aspect, I'm only keeping it because I paid $ for my license and it's pointless to downgrade.

*1000 integrated background applications which can't be stopped, respectively they impair your gaming experience

*absolutely horrid menus which load 10 times slower than on older versions of windows

*Microsoft Edge is the worst internet explorer in existence

*the standard apps to watch media are frustrating to the point where you just download something bearable from the internet

*has these shady processes which keep track of all your actions

I must be a paid Micro$oft shill in order to enjoy those things.
    Yes.

UI functionality improvements? Non-existent. Windows 7 was a lot better.

Windows hello? Bugger off.

Fast Startup? bugger off again.

APPs on a PC? bugger off again. Its a PC not a cell phone.

Secure boot? Pure BS garbage. Windows 10 the microsoft is watching OS.

The only thing you can sell it on is directx12 and that is under the assumption that directx could not of been a update on a previous version of windows. Which is pure BS.

but don't mind me...i am playing blizzard games and have to use -dx9 to get games to stop blinking.

Windows 10 the OS we shove down your throat if you want it or not.

Yes.

UI functionality improvements? Non-existent. Windows 7 was a lot better.

Windows hello? Bugger off.

Fast Startup? bugger off again.

APPs on a PC? bugger off again. Its a PC not a cell phone.

Secure boot? Pure BS garbage. Windows 10 the microsoft is watching OS.

The only thing you can sell it on is directx12 and that is under the assumption that directx could not of been a update on a previous version of windows. Which is pure BS.

but don't mind me...i am playing blizzard games and have to use -dx9 to get games to stop blinking.

Windows 10 the OS we shove down your throat if you want it or not.
    So, you're a crazy tin foil hat?