Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If drinking water is healthy, why can't you go sit underwater for a few hours? Why don't they just drink an entire river at once?

Same kind of nonsense argument.
    So you are saying that high numbers of immigrants are poisonous and will eventually kill you? A bit racist, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    I totally agree with you on that but we still have the problem of religious extremism and we already have plenty of our own right wing nutters already.
    The only issue is how many freedoms we want to take away. It's one thing to have an extremist view, an entirely different issue to act out on such views. It's dangerous to lump everyone under an entire religion together. If we do, then we also have to do the same for every group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post
    And look at the state of your country now....Its is getting destroyed and falling apart.
    No, it isnt. How did you get that impression?

Your economy isnt working like a charm, if it was you wouldn't rely on America and wouldn't have complained when we withdrew from the Parish Climate. Since we do, you get nothing from us.
    What a bullshit. Where do you read your news? At Breitbart?

Germany is a stable democracy with a stable economy. No matter if Trump wants to ban german steel.

We sell too many cars to america?

Build better ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Yes, there are givers and takers unless you think welfare queens and entrepreneurs have the same value in society.
    'Welfare queens' don't exist.

And yes, I hold entrepreneurs to be of the same value as consumers. Less, if you really think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The fact that the U.S. has a massive trade deficit with Germany means that Germany is winning, not the other way around.
    *Sigh*

Since nobody is holding a gun to the head of any of the involved parties, BOTH sides are 'winning'. The side importing goods for currency is valuing the goods higher, the side exporting goods for currency is valuing the currency higher. Otherwise one side would not participate in the fucking trade in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    *Sigh*

Since nobody is holding a gun to the head of any of the involved parties, BOTH sides are 'winning'. The side importing goods for currency is valuing the goods higher, the side exporting goods for currency is valuing the currency higher. Otherwise one side would not participate in the fucking trade in the first place.
    I didn't say anyone was losing.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    And look at the state of your country now....Its is getting destroyed and falling apart.

Your economy isnt working like a charm, if it was you wouldn't rely on America and wouldn't have complained when we withdrew from the Parish Climate. Since we do, you get nothing from us.
    In what sense is Germany "getting destroyed" or "falling apart"? Their crime levels are still on the low side for developed nations. The German economy is running strong; https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-proves-robust. Germany's response to climate change is already way ahead of the USA's; they weren't going to be getting any money from the USA due to the Paris Agreement.

You have literally no idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-26 at 09:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Germany is a way smaller country with 80 million people and we took 1,5 mio immigrants in 2015.

And we had no negative effect on our economy. And we have social market economy, which still works like a charm. And our economic growth is bigger than ever before.

We are the prime practical counter proof to your made up idea you cant back up.
    You know what else grows in Germany ? Poverty. Normal Citizen dont profit from that at all. not in this fucked up Lobby ass licking Country

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that the U.S. has a massive trade deficit with Germany means that Germany is winning, not the other way around.
    It has nothing to do with the fact that there are vastly more Americans to buy stuff from Germany as opposed to Germans buying stuff from America. Nope, nothing at all.

Trade deficits are overrated.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Klu Klux Klan. The difference is that the Klu Klux Klan killed 4600 people.
    Well fuck. You got me fair and square there. Kick anyone involved with either MS 13 or the KKK out of America.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2017-07-26 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    You know what else grows in Germany ? Poverty. Normal Citizen dont profit from that at all. not in this fucked up Lobby ass licking Country
    Welcome to neoliberalism,
    -ynnady

Deleted
    Delusion is strong in this one. Cost of immigration was 22 billion in 2016 and is projected to remain on that yearly level even without further immigration.
    Yeah, and the costs are justified, as we help our society to get younger in average. Immigration brought mainly young people to germany.

And no matter if it costs 22 billion, they are just peanuts compared to the gain we get from helping those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    It has nothing to do with the fact that there are vastly more Americans to buy stuff from Germany as opposed to Germans buying stuff from America. Nope, nothing at all.

Trade deficits are overrated.
    Logically speaking, Germany would then produce fewer goods due to their smaller size, so it should even out.
    -ynnady

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    We have a state driven social welfare, and the number of unemployed people is at a record low currently.

So what is your point?

The poor still receive 409€ every month to survive. See Hartz IV.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-26 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    Sure it does.
    No, it just makes some claims about the nationality of the perpetrators, it doesn't actually say anything about their residence permit status. So it cannot be used to conclude that they weren't part of the mass immigration wave of 2015. (and you would have to come up with a good reason why the unfortunate developement in crime statistiscs after years of decline in crime started right after that wave)

You actually didnt bring any arguments. You literally just posted a FAZ article that attacked a TAZ article as being "fake news", which was debunked by TAZ afterwards.
    And then I gave you three reasons why the debunking of the taz is statistically unsound. Which you chose to ignore for the second time in a row. I don't like to waste time, so if you ignore them again, I am gonna skip that topic.

The thing just is: It doesnt counter any of my arguments i brought that immigration was a large success in germany. Both from an economical point of view and based on the fact we helped hundred thousands of people to escape from war.
    Did you bring any arguments apart from "germanys economy is doing fine"? Because that is not quite an argument.

I nowhere questioned that the cologne event happens. It just had absolutely no influence on the criminal statistics and it had no influence on the rape statistics.
    Weren't they included? Indeed probably not because no suspects were caught. Too bad.

Over the years. I am sure it will be safe for you, friend. I know that racism is sourced in anger. Dont be afraid.
    Is left-wing activism also sourced in anger or is it more the fear side of arbitrary emotional assignations?

Deleted
    Yeah, and the costs are justified, as we help our society to get younger in average. Immigration brought mainly young people to germany.
    Some of the youngest societies are in sub-Saharan Africa. That's our role model?

And no matter if it costs 22 billion, they are just peanuts compared to the gain we get from helping those people.
    Quantify that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HymenDestroyer View Post
    So you are saying that high numbers of immigrants are poisonous and will eventually kill you? A bit racist, isn't it?
    Ah the fallacy of composition. If one person runs toward the door in a movie theater fire and gets away, then clearly all people should run towards that single door at once on the case of a fie. The same applies to immigration. Just because a few immigrants came to the US and became successful, does not mean every single immigrant should come to the US because it would sink the system. That's not a bit racist, but it is a bit logical.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2017-07-26 at 09:33 PM.

Not only Racist, but homophobe, misogynist pig and, last but not least, literally Hitler.

At least according to some.

Deleted
    Some of the youngest societies are in sub-Saharan Africa. That's our role model?
    Well, better than an average of 70, which our society will evolve to if we didnt take immigrants.

Do i hear some racist prejudice in your "sub saharan african"- role model invocation?

Quantify that.
    Quantify what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
    Weren't they included? Indeed probably not because no suspects were caught. Too bad.
    They were included. They just didnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
    Is left-wing activism also sourced in anger or is it more the fear side of arbitrary emotional assignations?
    I dont know. Probably ask a left wing activist?
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-26 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Let's be real here.

All of this 'we only want qualified immigrants', 'we want immigrants that are a good cultural fit', 'we want immigrants that contribute society' are horseshit excuses for the actual motivations; they want wealthy people that don't require social assistance because they hate the idea of non-Americans benefiting from the system. It's not about smart immigration, they just don't like immigration, period. Or hate poor people. Or actually are racists.

The fact of the matter is that we are not at a deficit for resources, and more people would increase market demand which would create more jobs. Given America's birth rate is pretty garbage outside of the immigrant populations it absorbs, immigration is necessary to keep its market stable.
    TIL Canada and Australia are racist.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that the fact the US ia the biggest buyer of Germany means that Germany depends on the US buying its stuff.