Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Here is what they will do with Sylvanas, she will start to raise Horde members that have died. Starts bragging about a new age for the Horde, as the Forsaken! All shall continue to serve in death, this pisses off many of the Horde and enrages the Alliance. Mostly Jaina and Greymane who start pushing the Alliance Horde conflict while some big bad works to destroy Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I don't HATE her, but she's kinda been dead (more dead than usual anyway) to me since Arthas died. She has no goal and she's becoming boringly cartoon villainish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    I totally agree with you here, except I think the potential of turning the Stormheim storylines into a greater arc is still there. No doubt they could/should have done so earlier, but the way Legion's main story progressed made it reasonable, but still conservative to not add distractions, as good as they might be.

Why the storylines might still continue? Helya might be dead, but death has many shades of grey as the Forsaken know. The deal she struck with Sylvanas might be that the Banshee Queen resurrects her, which she might do, even if just to bolster her ranks. Potentially she could also prevent her soul and these of her fellow Forsaken from ending in the Void, using her own void-related powers. The other races of the Horde might protest, but would it really be such an evil plan, given the alternatives? Of course the Alliance would think so and with them being more pledged to the Light, it might become a miniature version of the great Light/Void conflict.

Speaking of Alliance, I noticed Danath Trollbane's presence in Dalaran and it made me wonder if there is more to it than a reunion of the Sons of Lothar. If he teams up with Genn Greymane he might take back Stormgarde -given the critique for it being ignored by Blizzard- giving the Alliance a great position to take back the Hillsbrad Foothills and avenge Southshore.

Nothing of this needs to come to pass, but I think Blizzard decided to not let another Horde/Alliance-conflict distract our attention in Legion. The next expansion might be a different matter and give us a real opportunity to see Sylvanas act as Warchief on a big stage.
    Oh I agree with you too, they left it wide open for future tales but they could have just put something minor into it to not exacerbate the issue even further you know? It's a pretty important note really. Firstly, you have Genn, an important Alliance figure blaming Sylvanas for Varian's death but on top of that the same figure lost his child to her again when Sylvanas was ordered by Garrosh to go there and capture a port. To top it all off she becomes Warchief.
    That's not something small or meaningless to be left unsaid compared to say how Cairne died, especially when we are meant to be banding together to fight the Legion toe to toe in Argus eventually.
    Even just like a shitty little thing like you speak to Sylvanas or Genn in their respected cities they comment on the event, so for Sylvanas, she is more mumbling to herself on the matter and Genn is pleased but still wary of what Sylvanas is up, or even telling you not to tell Anduin what had happened. Would be nice that acknowledgement is there and make you feel like something is creeping along. Something so small and simple would at least make it feel that it's not forgotten amongst the continuous threat of Legion up Azeroth's ass.
    That kind of experience should have been noted from several others examples with Warlords of Draenor and before that Pandaria, the constant theme and over saturation breeds frustration, fatigue and lack of interest, which in turn makes any future content or effort seem dull and can promote an unsavoury atmosphere and unwillingness to enjoy that future content for what it is. Heck, it would be a nice diversion from Legion no matter how small and un-intrusive it is.

But that's what I am saying, you're coming up with theories to fill in a very large gap because it is a very poignant thing, especially to Sylvanas of all people. If it was Bolvar, you'd probably not give two fucks because well Lich King had Val'kyr before, Sylvanas nicked them from Arthas as Lich King.
    Having this continuation however minor, involved with the Legion fray would actually benefit it and why though Suramar was loathed in places, it was enjoyed by many too because it was a progressive story that showed not just the Legion but a social caste having lots of inner struggles inside this massive city and beyond its wall. They deviated from Legion by at the beginning being about the Nightmare, then went to Suramar that expanded into Legion.
    But Broken Shore having a lack of story killed 7.2, the quests literally de-evolved to like kill 100 demons compared to sneak into the city to find this Nightborne assassin who is going to be your paid lackey and further our rebellion against Elisande and the Legion in 7.1. People are excited by conversations set in 7.3 already, it's all over these forums, that are clear diversions from the Legion threat, that surely in itself shows how much sometimes a change can be welcomed and work alongside the Legion theme.

That's how important it is. You can't play this game without a good story and leaving it so long, from levelling zone to 7.3 which may even not progress despite it for being a major pivot. There's so many questions and virtually no answers. It's quite pissing off at how triumphant the beginning of Legion was with Azeroth's denizens kicking ass, big names appearing both sides from Jaina and Illidan to like Gul'dan, Jaraxxus and more, with deaths everywhere from Varian, Vol'jin, Tirion. A new Warchief! And to boot an amazing intro cinematic showing people in HD quality. All in all, it was all really epic!
    But... it's all been left in the dark just because we are going to Argus? If anything, character development is pretty much key here since Argus is unknown, people's attachments to the characters will help serve as a good base and projection from. If someone gets hurt like I dunno Velen dying, then we sure as shit know from him that this place is quite literally Hell carnate!

Wholly left because the Legion is in tow is a poor management of resources really because the Alliance/Horde revived conflict would in fact make the struggle against Legion and us going to Argus that much more enjoyable, understandable, relative in the context of the all ready standing history because it's the Burning effing Legion here, it's not the average joe. It would be a good ground to show how human-like we all are and we're trying to overcome some seriously shitty odds.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-27 at 12:26 AM.

Absolutely not.

She is stunning and brave.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    i always find this fun.
    exactly, what are consequences for you? because she is in short terms with humans->humans (or better, alliance) start a war in plaguelands. to me it is a consequence. you mean "be slayed"? this is different.
    If murdering people, spreading plague, expanding your borders throught conquest and raising undead is nothing, then Arthas did nothing wrong.

"What's the difference between you and the Lich King?"
    "I serve the Horde."

And that's it.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-07-27 at 12:12 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    If murdering people, spreading plague, expanding your borders throught conquest and raising undead is nothing, then Arthas did nothing wrong.

"I serve the Horde."

And that's it.
    This again, when she beats that sarcastic response over Garrosh's head and people still are unable to get that.

Expanding your borders through conquest is something every faction does, if thats universal values evil or whatever. Raising free willed undead is obviously different than the scourge.

But sarcasm is hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

"I serve the Horde."

And that's it.
    even assuming these things as true, alliance move war against forsaken. damn they even interfere with the war in gilneas. where are the consequences against alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh an hour after, and it's a typical Sylvanas thread already.

Well surprise to no one, it's that time of the week anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    it's so random... until you realize she's in charge of the main fighting force of the horde post Siege.... And is also the biggest name among the Horde aligned hero level characters.

Giving power to someone like her on her own agenda is incredibly and seems weird considering nobody trusts her. I play horde and in stormheim I didn't even want to help her
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    This thread makes me feel that new book by golden can't come soon enough. We are starved for new controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    This thread makes me feel that new book by golden can't come soon enough. We are starved for new controversy.
    I predict that Jaina will start yiffing after Genn because Kalec "betrayed her" or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    Giving power to someone like her on her own agenda is incredibly and seems weird considering nobody trusts her. I play horde and in stormheim I didn't even want to help her
    Bolded the important parts.

Not to mention that everyone has their own agenda. Greymane has. Garrosh had.
    And people trust her enough to back her as warchief, if lol'jins funeral is any indication.

I don't. For me, she has always been a fantastic character, since vanilla times (yes, even with her old model). I like her A LOT.

(p.s. How epic the reaction in that video at Blizzcon 2015!)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Bolded the important parts.

Not to mention that everyone has their own agenda. Greymane has. Garrosh had.
    And people trust her enough to back her as warchief, if lol'jins funeral is any indication.
    That's because she said she was going to fight the Legion and avenge lol'jin. She finally has the entire Horde's might behind her and what does she choose to do during the largest Legion invasion? She decides to attack a neutral third party(a Titan watcher at that) then proceeds to fail at that before fading into irrelevance.

She also trusted a Dreadlord, so she really isn't too smart. Maybe she is planning to avenge lol'jin but she doesn't know which felguards killed him? She needs more time to pinpoint the culprit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    This again, when she beats that sarcastic response over Garrosh's head and people still are unable to get that.

Expanding your borders through conquest is something every faction does, if thats universal values evil or whatever. Raising free willed undead is obviously different than the scourge.

But sarcasm is hard.
    She doesn't only raise free willed undead. The forsaken raise hundreds of corpses daily and quite a few turn into mindless undead and ghouls.

"Being born again under the power of a val'kyr is a strenuous process. Many don't survive the shock, turning into zombies or ghouls."

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Assau...ain_Encampment

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    Ok so as the title says. I HATE this change to her character. I really liked Sylvanas when she was plotting behind the scenes and I felt it made her a interesting character. But her as warchief makes me so mad why give Voljin that whole arc in MoP if they were just going to kill him off an expansion later after doing nothing. I really hope the theory of her being behind the whole thing is true : /. but yeah what do you all think I personally hope that voljin comes back somehow or someone else takes over I hate the idea of the forsaken being the front of the horde.
    While I never liked Sylvanas, ever - not even back in WC3 - I can TRY think of a clever reason for it:

Sylvanas plots from behind the scenes as you said. Maybe Vol'Jin made her warchief so that she couldn't do so anymore and now have to be a lot more careful with the things she does. She's up to shady stuff - wether it's good or bad, no one really seems to trust her in the Horde - and this is a way to force her true colours to appear for people.

10+ Year Old Account
    She doesn't only raise free willed undead. The forsaken raise hundreds of corpses daily and quite a few turn into mindless undead and ghouls.

"Being born again under the power of a val'kyr is a strenuous process. Many don't survive the shock, turning into zombies or ghouls."

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Assau...ain_Encampment
    And they kill those mindless undead, They don't raise undead with the goal of mindless shocktroopers like the scourge did. This was already argued before. The point still stands, do try to not act ignorant.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally like her character and I do not think another Warchief is needed to die or another Horde Leader needs to be corrupt or turned into another boss or enemy for us to fight. The Horde has lost four leaders while the Alliance has lost like 2? And one of them is a speaker for Azeroth... Were things far more fair and we didn't just get rid of Garrosh or lose Vol'jin this storyline might work if it ended in us not killing her. Personally I don't want to see this storyline at all and hope they scrap it before it happens.

Enough Horde blood has been dripped its time for Blizzard to take a break from killing off our Leaders. Cairne... Garrosh (Though he was a jerk)... Vol'jin... Thrall (Though retired)... Just, stop asking for our Leaders to die already, please. I'm not asking for the Alliance Leaders to die either.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They turned Kil'jaeden into a character that rushed headfirst into the fray and he's the "Deceiver" whose reputation of plotting spans millenia. If he recieved such a twist to his character in Legion, what can we expect from the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Riding into the Broken Shore on the Shagohod.
    how did he rush headfirst into the fray again? he ran away and was closing the portal, we jumped into it before it did, he had no where to run
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    And they kill those mindless undead, They don't raise undead with the goal of mindless shocktroopers like the scourge did. This was already argued before. The point still stands, do try to not act ignorant.
    Yes the point still stands that the Forsaken's raise mindless undead. Even if by accident. They continue to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Yes the point still stands that the Forsaken's raise mindless undead. Even if by accident. They continue to do so.
    Even doing so its different from the methods of the Lich King and by extension the Scourge. You really have to stretch it out to make it otherwise.
    Holy shit lol