Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Wow Garrosh looks INCREDIBLY boring. How exceptionally disappointing. Not even a sha-skin. They literally had a template of how to make him not just another "Warcraft Warrior" and they instead just do it.

No Iron Star/Sha ultimates. His taunt ultimate is just a slightly shorter, but way better due to AOE, one that Varian has. How inspired. Garrosh is less of a tank hero lorewise than Varian is, so it makes no sense that he'd be a warrior. They really, really phoned it in for this hero.

Even with my problems with HotS usually most of their heroes are different and/or interesting. This seems like a hero they made during beta instead of this long post-release.

"Shit we need to pump out a hero so whatever just stick a bunch of boring crap on Garrosh and push him out."
    HoTS dev team should've had some of his abilities drawn from his encounter in WoW to be honest. The kit he has is just boring, and no reference to Y'shaarj at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It makes absolute sense that he's a warrior. Especially since... he's a warrior in WoW. But he should be a bruiser like Sonya and Artanis. Not a solo tank. It just doesn't make sense.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but I actually agree.

He's a "Warrior" in WoW, but he's an Arms Warrior. Garrosh has never been shown to be a tanky kind of character, at any point, ever. He charges into battle wielding Gorehowl (normally in 2h), spinning and slashing and jumping around. Not sitting there taking damage for no reason to get...armor?

His trait has nothing to do with him. He has only 1 ability that is even reminiscent of warriors from WoW, and his other two are incredibly lackluster. And then we have the fact that they just gave Varian's warrior ultimate to Garrosh but made it better in an AoE spell. How insanely unoriginal. Sure, it lasts slightly less, but it's aoe and therefore is going to be absolutely OP as fuck. I just watched the video and I honestly can't even remember what his other ultimate is off the top of my head. That is how boring Garrosh is.

There's no references to the Sha stuff, which was such a major part of his character that it led to his downfall and, ultimately, his death. There's no reference to the True Horde or the Iron Horde. There's no Iron Star. There's no empowered Gorehowl or Sha-form. Nothing about Y'shaarj.

They couldn't have even bothered to give him a SKIN that is sha-corrupted. Instead opting for that skin that I don't even know what it's supposed to be referencing. At first I thought it was Iron Horde, but the mechanical stuff doesn't even look like the Iron Horde's ones.

He was the final boss of an expansion. His abilities should reference that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Replace Bloodthirst with something that does the same thing but is more sha-themed. Just off the top of my head:

Desecrate - Garrosh throws his axe a short distance and there's an aoe around it. Standing in it does damage-over-time, and if enemy heroes stand in it, it increases its aoe range. Meanwhile Garrosh can still melee attack with his fists. You could buff this with talents that would increase damage and/or range and maybe even add a slow at higher levels if you walk into it. When empowered, it summons a minion of Y'shaarj to attack anybody in its aoe.

Touch of Y'Shaarj - A dot you target one hero with that chains to the next one after the first tick (Unlike Living Bomb which isn't until its expiration). When empowered, it is able to bounce backwards to the same hero even if they are already afflicted for double the dot damage. Garrosh is healed for a percentage of the damage. The dot only lasts ~1-2 seconds, letting him spam it to poke.

Whirling Corruption - Garrosh whirlwinds, doing only minor damage to people actually caught in the whirlwind, but shooting off a straight line aoe in all 4 directions that, if hitting a hero, places a significant dot on them.

His trait should just be ripped straight from the raid:

Trait - Sha Energy - As Garrosh uses his abilities, his Sha energy builds up. Upon hitting 25 energy, Empowered Whirling Corruption is able to be used, upon hitting 50 energy, Empowered Touch of Y'Shaarj is able to be used, upon hitting 75 energy, empowered Desecrate is able to be used. Using an empowered ability reduces your Sha Energy by the amount needed to activate the Empowered ability.

Ultimates:

Annihilate - After a short wind up, Garrosh smashes the ground in a large aoe cone in front of him for massive damage.

MY WORLD! - Garrosh absorbs the maximum amount of Sha Energy possible and permanently transforms, empowering all of his abilities for the rest of the match, increasing their damage by 25% and further increasing the Empowered Abilities' damage by another 25%.

~~~~~~~~~~

While he'd be a bully assassin, his main damage, if you notice, is applying dots in addition to just doing normal damage. Which represents the corruption of Y'Shaarj, slowly eating away at your health overtime.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-27 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kargonite View Post
    Oh god. I can already see people trolling with throwing your allies into forts.

Thats probably the most fucking boring kit i've ever seen

Very underwhelming. Garrosh as a solo tank? Makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense - he always made people want to hit him.

We wasted the chances of something badass, like Kil'jaeden, or Archimonde, for a generic Orc, that's also the same old same old, A Melee.

....We need more casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh has never been shown to be a tanky kind of character, at any point, ever. He charges into battle wielding Gorehowl (normally in 2h), spinning and slashing and jumping around. Not sitting there taking damage for no reason to get...armor?

His trait has nothing to do with him.
    In Hearthstone, Garrosh's hero power is Armor Up. That's where this has come from.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Garrosh sucks in WoW, and now in HOTS. Solo tank with that boring kit, where the only fun comes from throwing allies, which doesn't even makes sense. So many other orc wars to implement that could use a better kit but no, let's put the Garrosh because of hearthstone...

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    In Hearthstone, Garrosh's hero power is Armor Up. That's where this has come from.
    Which still makes no sense, and didn't in Hearthstone either

I think he looks great! Leave all that Old God stuff in WoW where it belongs. Also the game desperately needed another solo tank, so he'll be a nice addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

10+ Year Old Account

He's a "Warrior" in WoW, but he's an Arms Warrior. Garrosh has never been shown to be a tanky kind of character, at any point, ever. He charges into battle wielding Gorehowl (normally in 2h), spinning and slashing and jumping around. Not sitting there taking damage for no reason to get...armor?
    Warriors are tanky by definition, literally any warrior in any universe is a tank, regardless of how we portray them. Also, you shouldn't compare NPC/lore characters to
    PC, PC have certain limitations like being "an arms warrior" - Garrosh is not an arms warrior, and never was. This whole definition of "arms", "fury" and "protection" is only applicable to PC.

If anything, he is more of a Axe hero from Dota, you can't make more of a warrior character than this one.

Connections to Sha can be easily explained by timelines. When you measure power level of a character you have to establish certain time frames, they established these as "Garrosh before Sha corruption".
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-07-27 at 03:08 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Warriors are tanky by definition
    No they aren't.

His trait has nothing to do with him. He has only 1 ability that is even reminiscent of warriors from WoW, and his other two are incredibly lackluster. And then we have the fact that they just gave Varian's warrior ultimate to Garrosh but made it better in an AoE spell. How insanely unoriginal. Sure, it lasts slightly less, but it's aoe and therefore is going to be absolutely OP as fuck. I just watched the video and I honestly can't even remember what his other ultimate is off the top of my head. That is how boring Garrosh is.

There's no references to the Sha stuff, which was such a major part of his character that it led to his downfall and, ultimately, his death. There's no reference to the True Horde or the Iron Horde. There's no Iron Star. There's no empowered Gorehowl or Sha-form. Nothing about Y'shaarj.

They couldn't have even bothered to give him a SKIN that is sha-corrupted. Instead opting for that skin that I don't even know what it's supposed to be referencing. At first I thought it was Iron Horde, but the mechanical stuff doesn't even look like the Iron Horde's ones.

He was the final boss of an expansion. His abilities should reference that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Replace Bloodthirst with something that does the same thing but is more sha-themed. Just off the top of my head:

Desecrate - Garrosh throws his axe a short distance and there's an aoe around it. Standing in it does damage-over-time, and if enemy heroes stand in it, it increases its aoe range. Meanwhile Garrosh can still melee attack with his fists. You could buff this with talents that would increase damage and/or range and maybe even add a slow at higher levels if you walk into it. When empowered, it summons a minion of Y'shaarj to attack anybody in its aoe.

Touch of Y'Shaarj - A dot you target one hero with that chains to the next one after the first tick (Unlike Living Bomb which isn't until its expiration). When empowered, it is able to bounce backwards to the same hero even if they are already afflicted for double the dot damage. Garrosh is healed for a percentage of the damage. The dot only lasts ~1-2 seconds, letting him spam it to poke.

Whirling Corruption - Garrosh whirlwinds, doing only minor damage to people actually caught in the whirlwind, but shooting off a straight line aoe in all 4 directions that, if hitting a hero, places a significant dot on them.

His trait should just be ripped straight from the raid:

Trait - Sha Energy - As Garrosh uses his abilities, his Sha energy builds up. Upon hitting 25 energy, Empowered Whirling Corruption is able to be used, upon hitting 50 energy, Empowered Touch of Y'Shaarj is able to be used, upon hitting 75 energy, empowered Desecrate is able to be used. Using an empowered ability reduces your Sha Energy by the amount needed to activate the Empowered ability.

Ultimates:

Annihilate - After a short wind up, Garrosh smashes the ground in a large aoe cone in front of him for massive damage.

MY WORLD! - Garrosh absorbs the maximum amount of Sha Energy possible and permanently transforms, empowering all of his abilities for the rest of the match, increasing their damage by 25% and further increasing the Empowered Abilities' damage by another 25%.

~~~~~~~~~~

While he'd be a bully assassin, his main damage, if you notice, is applying dots in addition to just doing normal damage. Which represents the corruption of Y'Shaarj, slowly eating away at your health overtime.
    Fuck no his kit is Fine.

Fuck no his kit is Fine.
    His kit is boring and completely uninspired and have absolutely nothing to do with his character, at all.

No they aren't.
    Yes They are.

- - - Updated - - -

His kit is boring and uninspired.
    You are boring and uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Yes They are.
    No, they are not. Arms and Fury Warriors are not tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which still makes no sense, and didn't in Hearthstone either
    Explain to me how warriors armouring up is doesn't make sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    you lore nerds need to calm down with your in-depth analysis on why his kit is "wrong"

am i safe in assuming that half of you who are complaining don't even play hots

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting