Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Question is does a kid really NEED social Media at agents 5-10
    No but if they want one they are going to find a way, even if it means doing so in secret.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    No but if they want one they are going to find a way, even if it means doing so in secret.
    Shit the way my dad had our router set up I couldn't keep ANY internet traffic a secret from him. Parents need to educate themselves and put hard locks on PC's if necessary.

Deleted
    This thread is the perfect example of the root of the problem.

No single person here has even considered their kids are the bullies.

Every single one when confronted to the issue thinks "How can I protect my children?" because when your kid get hurts it is a horrible problem the society must get rid of but when your kid is the bully (and bullies have parents ...shock) its "just kids things" who has no importance at all.They justify it, they find a way to think of it as something irrelevant or "just a phase". You dont have to do anything when your "Little miracle" spends half the evening posting "Ugly bitch!!" in the wall of the less popular girl in class.

Wake up. As a parent both issues are your issues but barely no one ever acknowledge their responsibilty in the damage done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    whats next? chain them to their desk or bed in weekends to stop from going drinking with friends???
    It's not impossible. Bullying may still happen, but you can eliminate cyberbullying easy. Nothing says you need to have a child with a social media account

Kids that young shouldn't have those devices or be on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Question is does a kid really NEED social Media at agents 5-10
    Do I think they do? not a chance in hell.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Shit the way my dad had our router set up I couldn't keep ANY internet traffic a secret from him. Parents need to educate themselves and put hard locks on PC's if necessary.
    Well the problem with that is parents cannot control what kids do outside of their home and outside of their parental blocks.

I plan on doing the same with my daughter as your father did. Monitor all internet traffic, when she finally gets a phone at the age my wife and I deem appropriate we will monitor that as well or her phone will get taken away.

That however wont stop her from being able to have secret social media accounts that we do not know about, especially since computer labs at schools exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    This thread is the perfect example of the root of the problem.

No single person here has even considered their kids are the bullies.

Every single one when confronted to the issue thinks "How can I protect my children?" because when your kid get hurts it is a horrible problem the society must get rid of but when your kid is the bully (and bullies have parents ...shock) its "just kids things" who has no importance at all.They justify it, they find a way to think of it as something irrelevant or "just a phase". You dont have to do anything when your "Little miracle" spends half the evening posting "Ugly bitch!!" in the wall of the less popular girl in class.

Wake up. As a parent both issues are your issues but barely no one ever acknowledge their responsibilty in the damage done.
    Actually my comments work very well for parents of potential victims or parents of potential bullies.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Teach kids to fight back. If they are getting bullied, they should visit the gym a couple of times a week until they can bench press the bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    whats next? chain them to their desk or bed in weekends to stop from going drinking with friends???
    Oh please, Cyberbullying is the easiest form of bullying one can prevent. Children in elementary school shouldn't evne be on Social Media, let alone be allowed to put themselves out there. Taking a page from my family, I didn't have a facebook page, or in my day. A myspace page until early Jr. High. An I avoided all sorts of Cyberbullying. I didn't get yet another outlet of people to bully me outside of school. Social Media is not a necessity, and people like you who ridicule someone who, my god doesn't use twitter at the brimming age of 8. Are the enablers for this sort of garbage to happen.

Or for the love of god, teach your children the important lesson on the Internet. Be careful with what you put out on the internet. Cyberbullying can only use what you put out. If you are careful, you won't be targetted.

Here's the question: If 40% of the kids are being bullied, who's doing the bullying?
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Go ahead, fight all your kids battles for him. We will see how he turns out in the end. A weak human that cannot handle the real world.
    Just let them get screwed over. See how well that works. They can't depend on their own parents to help them. Why should they trust anyone EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Someone says something bad about you , stop being around them.
    You have been to school right. They don't exactly let you choose your classmates. Or leave. Or anything at all to "stop being around" someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I thank the school bully every day for teaching me to not have a thin skin at first and then eventually teaching me to punch back.
    YMMV. When I stood up to my bullies, I'm the one who got in trouble. Just taught them to bully me more so I'd get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    YMMV. When I stood up to my bullies, I'm the one who got in trouble. Just taught them to bully me more so I'd get in trouble.
    It was always better for me to win the day and sit in d-hall for lunch than it was to be the bitch. I understand everyone else might not feel that way but that is just me.

for everyone saying they will raise their kids to punch the bully ..... keep in mind your kid will be suspended before or along with the bully up to kicked out of the school if its bad enough or frequent enough. It doesn't even matter if it they are defending themselves anymore according to my teacher friends. There are zero tolerance policies in place for stuff like that

it sucks.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I won't bring my kids up to be total pussies who cry the first time someone says something mean to them online, then they won't have to make 13 whiny tapes about it and kill themselves.
    This. Kids these days need to grow a backbone.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Well the problem with that is parents cannot control what kids do outside of their home and outside of their parental blocks.

I plan on doing the same with my daughter as your father did. Monitor all internet traffic, when she finally gets a phone at the age my wife and I deem appropriate we will monitor that as well or her phone will get taken away.

That however wont stop her from being able to have secret social media accounts that we do not know about, especially since computer labs at schools exist.
    Hmm, I wonder if facebook has parental controls IE. let your kid have their facebook account but until age like 14 the parent can login anonymously and keep an eye on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    what the fuck are these kids being bullied on? They cant have facebook. What type of online platforms are gradeschools on that they can be bullied. If im correct no child can create any online accounts in the us under 12?
    Minecraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    i was cyberbullyed by a certain draenei on this forum. i still haven't gotten over it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Today I learned that all "picking on" is exactly to the same degree for everyone.

That means that my years in school that were rife with bullying, being called names and spat on were just good old character building! What am I being called a faggot with a group of young punks threatening to jump me after school. Oh it's just normal being picked on, oh sure my friend had their skull cracked during an attack while he was being "picked on" but oh yes... it's the same everyone gets!

You, Sibut, have a stupid argument here.
    I got bullied once in high school by someone who thought it was funny to chokehold me against the gym, so I hit the dude with a padlock. Grow a fucking dick

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I got bullied once in high school by someone who thought it was funny to chokehold me against the gym, so I hit the dude with a padlock. Grow a fucking dick
    I pushed a kid down stairs... I also hit a kids head against a metal pole...I fought back but you know what happens when you become the "crazy faggot" who fights back, and no one likes because they're not personable you go from dealing with 1 or 2 people to now having to deal with 1-2 people plus their friends, which is all that happened.

Your idea that I should have "grown a dick" is ridiculous. I remember a kid spat on me and while we were walking in the halls shortly after I began to choke him out... did that stop him? No. Instead now there were his two other friends who started to gang up on me after, but yes fighting back solves everything you just have to prove that you have the "stuff" and then bullies will respect you or leave you alone.

No... not bullies with friends... bullies with friends will simply get their friends involved, so you can shove your shitty argument and opinion back up your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Cyb...436601853.html

A lot of this comes down to parenting doesn't it? Raise your children to not be bullies. How hard is that?
    40% is way too high!
    While my son (entering Kindergarten in the fall) uses our phone(s) to occasionally play games. I cannot foresee a reason he will/would need his own phone even into middle school.

Social retards get bullied... and giving your child a phone, enabling them to avoid developing social skills is the parent's fault.

This may be a common scene in "normal" households... but it is by NO means healthy behavior.