Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that would be so cool
    Cooler than a Seth Rogan talking hulk/ant man heist team up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    First Original Phoenix Host, Odin, Iron Fist, Agamotto and Ghost Rider.
    Already got this on preorder. Going to be so badass.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Marvel has been killing it with Secret Empire, easily the best captain america run they've ever had.
    That is a bold claim given the decades the character has been around. Certainly opinions will vary, but seriously, best ever?

The only thing out of Marvel recently I have enjoyed is Astonishing X-men.

- - - Updated - - -

Marvel Legacy: Avengers of 1,000,000,000 BC

Hmm, That has some real potential. I will have to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    That is a bold claim given the decades the character has been around. Certainly opinions will vary, but seriously, best ever?
    Best. Ever.

The lead up in Captain America: Steve Rogers alone turned Civil War II from trash to gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bold, but accurate. The Captain America: Steven Rogers run, combined with Secret Empire and Civil War II: The Oath have all be exceptionally good. I feel like all the people complaining that this "ruined" Captain America just haven't read the comics (mostly because 1/2 the complaints happened after one issue). If they took the time to read the run, and all the connected works, they'd understand what was going on, and understand how well it's all be set up.

The lead up in Captain America: Steve Rogers alone turned Civil War II from trash to gold.
    I liked CWII... But I didn't love it. It had some good moments, but as many bad ones...

Civil War II: The Oath is one of my favourite issues in YEARS. That ending gave me freakin goosebumps.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Props for mentioning the Great Darkness Saga. That's how you do cosmic. Wildfire kicked butt in that story.

BTW, if anyone is interested I've been following Diversity & Comics Youtube channel since he started his videos. I find D&C's pov quite interesting, he share's many similar views as I (and it seems many others) do on the state of comics, particularly Marvel. Linked below is his take on Invincible Iron Man #8

Not trying to "convert" anyone by linking it, just thought a few of the posters on the thread may find his stuff interesting.
    how in the world can you follow that guys hes comply clueless when it comes to comics. the video he had before about invincible iron man he complained that they were making reed a villain when it was the marker from the ultimate universe not even the real reed and didn't know why doom because a good guy at the end of battle world. his pov is pretty worthless when he clearly doesn't know about half the stuff he talks about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Maybe they're going a similar route to the Dark Avengers in Dark Reign, and Steve is building a set of bad-guy knock-off Avengers.
    castle really wouldn't work with bad guy knock offs though he'd just kill them like he did in civil war unless his character took a 180 after battle world i stopped following him at that need to catch back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Marvel Legacy: Avengers of 1,000,000,000 BC

makes me wonder how they will do ghost rider unless something changed he was a angel of vengeance wasn't he? was a long time since i read the ghost rider war/heaven war so i might be wrong.

Marvel today has zero consistency when it comes to established characters or history.
    Ghost Rider could be...will be...anything they fucking feel like..It's pretty silly

Marvel has been killing it with Secret Empire, easily the best captain america run they've ever had.
    Given the writer I believe it'll be up there, but "easily"? Given the quality of Brubaker's run I find that part hard to believe at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Bold, but accurate. The Captain America: Steven Rogers run, combined with Secret Empire and Civil War II: The Oath have all be exceptionally good. I feel like all the people complaining that this "ruined" Captain America just haven't read the comics (mostly because 1/2 the complaints happened after one issue). If they took the time to read the run, and all the connected works, they'd understand what was going on, and understand how well it's all be set up.
    Like I said opinions will vary. I have collected Cap comics off and on since the mid 90s and I do not like the current stuff pretty much at all. Cap comics were the last Marvel comic I was still buying regularly and at this point I have dropped it as well. Glad you guys are enjoying it, but calling it "best ever" is total nonsense for me.

hehe Phoenix really likes women doesn't she

hehe Phoenix really likes women doesn't she
    I think it's actually been established that the Phoenix Force views itself as feminine, so yes, it prefers female hosts.

On the subject of Ghost Rider, as a spirit/angel of vengeance I see no reason he shouldn't be around in ages long past.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I think it's actually been established that the Phoenix Force views itself as feminine, so yes, it prefers female hosts.

On the subject of Ghost Rider, as a spirit/angel of vengeance I see no reason he shouldn't be around in ages long past.
    yeah, she is female.

in Mighty Thor issue she was female.

Ghost Rider riding a mammoth.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    how in the world can you follow that guys hes comply clueless when it comes to comics. the video he had before about invincible iron man he complained that they were making reed a villain when it was the marker from the ultimate universe not even the real reed and didn't know why doom because a good guy at the end of battle world. his pov is pretty worthless when he clearly doesn't know about half the stuff he talks about.
    His observations are insightful and spot-on. You seem to have quite an extreme reaction to the fact he got one minor point wrong in a previous video. To suggest that getting one minor fact wrong dismisses everything else someone might say is odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said opinions will vary.
    Fair enough. If you've given the run a shot and it's not your thing, then it's not your thing. I just get a bit annoyed with people writing it off as rubbish, then you ask and they've not even read one freakin issue...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    His observations are insightful and spot-on. You seem to have quite an extreme reaction to the fact he got one minor point wrong in a previous video. To suggest that getting one minor fact wrong dismisses everything else someone might say is odd.
    i think if you don't have knowledge of what your talking about your insight can not be spot on. and its not like theses are minor points, battle world was a pretty major event with them getting rid of the whole ultimate universe. i don't go around making videos criticizing dc comics because i don't know most of the past or even recent events in dc and i don't put any weight on the options on people who do the same for marvel. you cant talk about history if you don't know any of it.

as to the video you linked in it self riri talks like any immature super hero like say spider man. i would agree that she shouldn't really get praise for using other people stuff i,e the iron man armor but almost every thing else is his video is non sense he complains that shes a super villain because she invaded latveria ignoring the fact that countless super heroes have done it in the pass with no clearance from the government, which shield apparently did tell her to go there from the part of the video where he said they told her to then went to take a nap so he contradicts his own point where he says she goes there with no clearance.

as for people who criticize marvel for being sjw's id say capn cummings does it far better then Diversity & Comics but even he has some massive flaws in the videos he makes, but over all id say his opinion would carry more weight.

- - - Updated - - -

well i thought the events of the whole ghost rider angels and god followed the bible atleast some what which would mean there not around 1,000,000,000 BC, but its been a long time since I've read all of ghost rider so i might be way off.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    well i thought the events of the whole ghost rider angels and god followed the bible atleast some what which would mean there not around 1,000,000,000 BC, but its been a long time since I've read all of ghost rider so i might be way off.
    They do, -ish. They just stretch Genesis into the actual age of the universe rather than a literalist approach, so I'm not exactly sure where that would put the creation of specific classifications of angels.

7+ Year Old Account
    They do, -ish. They just stretch Genesis into the actual age of the universe rather than a literalist approach, so I'm not exactly sure where that would put the creation of specific classifications of angels.
    ya its a bit hard to tell with there being god god then norse gods evolution and every thing at the same time.

Marvel doesn't actually go by a Biblical sort of creation for anything and doesn't really do much with angels either(the way dc does). Ghost Rider's power comes from Zom who was always seen as a demon the first few decades of his existence though recently he may be seen as more of an angel. Marvel generally doesn't try to fit anything to the Bible though.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first ever Marvel comics

Remember when I was a kid my dad took me to a comic shop and said that I choose 2 comics and he will buy them for me. I still have this X-Men one. I can no longer find the Iron Man comic.

My dad recommended the Iron Man one to me, and a friend of mine was into X-Men at the time and said I should read X-Men.

Just sharing my humble Marvel beginnings
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-07-29 at 06:20 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Marvel doesn't actually go by a Biblical sort of creation for anything and doesn't really do much with angels either(the way dc does). Ghost Rider's power comes from Zom who was always seen as a demon the first few decades of his existence though recently he may be seen as more of an angel. Marvel generally doesn't try to fit anything to the Bible though.
    They do here and there, though you're correct it is not nearly to the degree DC does with characters like Constantine. Demons and Angels are extant beings in the Marvel Universe, though, and they have a source.