Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Are we assuming that everyone's running keys up for +15 or something? The keys only de-rank 1 level now, surely if you had any intention of pushing keys this week then your 5 man group would have also pushed a little bit last week to have at least the whole group starting with a +19/20/21 key this week?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe i'm asleep or something but did Raider.io just add a tournament tracker? https://raider.io/mythic-dungeon-invitational/world

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    Are we assuming that everyone's running keys up for +15 or something? The keys only de-rank 1 level now, surely if you had any intention of pushing keys this week then your 5 man group would have also pushed a little bit last week to have at least the whole group starting with a +19/20/21 key this week?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe i'm asleep or something but did Raider.io just add a tournament tracker? https://raider.io/mythic-dungeon-invitational/world
    They did, WP added one too, but it's less user-friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You're picking at shit that doesn't matter, you can get 3 22 keys done in a day too, that's another version of catching up, the 4th and 5th 22 would take longer than the first 3, because you might start getting dungeon overlaps, but again, you're assuming bad luck.

Not sure why you're dragging this on? In an overly literal way, you're wrong, because x5 18s is better than x2 22 x1 21,
    And x3 22 beats x2 22 x1 21,

Both of those things can be done in a single day, 10-12hr playtime.

Either way, who gives a shit? there's 11 days left, you tried to make it seem like they were running out of time, or were behind? When clearly that isn't the case. You can think I'm wrong, sure, we'll see in 11 days if any new groups show up or not.
    I'm not assuming bad luck. That's called probability. Bad luck has happened, for instance go laugh at Jace's team getting nothing but lowers, but when you've got a key done, you now have another 4-5 keys you could actually time at a decent level so instead of 6/12 it goes down to 5/12, and 1/12 of them will be a lost 30-45 minutes. After 2 it's now 4/12 and 2/12 will be lost time, and so on.

Good luck getting 3 +22 keys done in a day. I mean you're the one saying BRH is hard and DHT is easy this week, so we all already know you've probably never even done a +20, you couldn't take the 5 minutes to look at what dungeons people are completing.

I called this exact misunderstanding back when this was first announced. By virtue of how few people have actually done these dungeons, almost nobody understands how hard they are, and just how annoying it is to get the right key. Feel free to watch the invitational on stream and think to yourself "yeah I could do that too, I just need to play for 12 hours." You're delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    I'm not assuming bad luck. That's called probability. Bad luck has happened, for instance go laugh at Jace's team getting nothing but lowers, but when you've got a key done, you now have another 4-5 keys you could actually time at a decent level so instead of 6/12 it goes down to 5/12, and 1/12 of them will be a lost 30-45 minutes. After 2 it's now 4/12 and 2/12 will be lost time, and so on.

Good luck getting 3 +22 keys done in a day. I mean you're the one saying BRH is hard and DHT is easy this week, so we all already know you've probably never even done a +20, you couldn't take the 5 minutes to look at what dungeons people are completing.

I called this exact misunderstanding back when this was first announced. By virtue of how few people have actually done these dungeons, almost nobody understands how hard they are, and just how annoying it is to get the right key. Feel free to watch the invitational on stream and think to yourself "yeah I could do that too, I just need to play for 12 hours." You're delusional.
    What dungeons people have completed this week, doesn't have much to do with anything, as there aren't many 22 keys around this week. Your ability to understand what I'm saying is horrible, I am not saying you only need 12hrs to get a high enough score to pass, I'm saying in 12hrs you can do x3 22 keys.

Meowchans group did x2 22s and x1 21s in a single day, and they didn't pull a 12hr day. So that clearly proves its possible.

This entire scenario, is about a team from Method, one that likely outgears every other group. And all of which would have keys around 20 right now, before they stepped foot into m+ this week. You're telling me, you think mathmatically, that the most likely situation, is that they had 3 of the same dungeon? Of their 5 keys? That's your statement?

You have 12 dungeons, 5 keys,

And you're telling me, that you think that the MOST LIKELY scenario, is that they will get 3 of the same dungeon? Or 2 of the same dungeon and 1 cathedral? Those combinations are the most likely to you?

If Meowchan can do x2 22s and x1 21 in 1 day, without spending 12hrs on it, you're telling me that Methods more geared group, with 12hrs, couldn't manage to do x3 22s?

o k

Seriously dude, wtf are you arguing here, move on. It's boring as fuck and we aren't getting anywhere.

You think that any team who hasn't started yet, will struggle to catch up, despite us not being half through the week yet. Got it. Lets wait and see if that's accurate. All that's happening now is a bunch of debating over nothing.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2017-07-28 at 11:41 AM.

No. There's just RNG involved, even if you get a high key and you can't time the dungeon you have to eat 2 dungeons worth of time just to get another key, for instance. You time your +20 upper, get a +21 vault, easily do that, get a +22 lower, finish it after a painful run, get a +21 MoS. If you time that, you get another decent key, if you don't (and that's a hard one to time this week), you get a 20 and now you need either a really easy dungeon you're good at to get back to 22, or 2 more dungeons, and so on, and you're not necessarily better off for having 4 other 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    If Meowchan can do x2 22s and x1 21 in 1 day, without spending 12hrs on it, you're telling me that Methods more geared group, with 12hrs, couldn't manage to do x3 22s?
    Yep, thanks for confirming exactly what I suspected. I'll gladly just ignore everything you have to say from here on out, you don't know anything about these dungeons and you don't know anything about the basic math of gear in this game nor the execution required to time high keys, so it's safe to assume there's nothing useful you have to contribute.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-07-28 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    So far there isn't a Method team close to qualifying, but they could nolife the shit out of this weekend and do fine.
    Their streams doesnt look very well last week. Hard times for them to get one of the 8 slots.

Next week the limitation of keys for the +-22ish range is bigger than this week

- - - Updated - - -

meowchans group is ruling the board by a large margin now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Additional mobs on bridge towards chess event. These do nothing because you skip them.
    Out of curiosity, how do you skip the bridge groups? Do they reset if you pull them into the chess room?

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you skip the bridge groups? Do they reset if you pull them into the chess room?
    You have the tank pull things, CC the mobs as you go so they don't kill anyone, have a soul stone on the healer (or have a Druid who can stealth past them, or a Shaman with ankh up), or have them die first, then drop a res on them inside the room. Then the healer masses everyone, you do chess without wiping (because it's easy), then you kill the last boss.

If you wipe to the last boss or to chess, the key is gone, but those packs on fortified/teeming are metastasized ass cancer.

Deleted
    You have the tank pull things, CC the mobs as you go so they don't kill anyone, have a soul stone on the healer (or have a Druid who can stealth past them, or a Shaman with ankh up), or have them die first, then drop a res on them inside the room. Then the healer masses everyone, you do chess without wiping (because it's easy), then you kill the last boss.

If you wipe to the last boss or to chess, the key is gone, but those packs on fortified/teeming are metastasized ass cancer.
    pretty much a skip on a knives edge

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    pretty much a skip on a knives edge
    There's always invis pots, at least on the healer, but who doesn't like a nice death run?

I suspect you might find a lot of the most competitive teams won't stream, as completing keys at the very highest levels may require the development of strategies that those using them probably don't want to share. It is a competition after-all.
    This has always been my biggest problem with wow type 'competitiveness' whether it be this or raiding races etc. Its so secret and strat based that viewers get a lot less out of it due to no streams

Deleted
    There's always invis pots, at least on the healer, but who doesn't like a nice death run?
    the bats should automatically bring you out of the stealth potion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    This has always been my biggest problem with wow type 'competitiveness' whether it be this or raiding races etc. Its so secret and strat based that viewers get a lot less out of it due to no streams
    Dunno, you don't see pro teams streaming their scrim blocks in league or w/e else either.

It's just a lack of competition in general. WoW has issues in regards to streaming but this aint one of them imo

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    the bats should automatically bring you out of the stealth potion.
    Unless they changed it, you can invis there, however you need to use the new potions (Skaggldrink or something) a they let you see crap on the floor and avoid it. As the bats didn't use to pull you out of invis straight up, but did start to bombard the brigde with the green circles. The older invis potions dont let you see this, and getting hit either kills you or pulls you out of invis pot.

I've watched Twise stream their 22 BRH last night, they almost 2 chested it. Got a 23 COE key as reward, and discussed pushing all the other keys to 22 before deciding which 23 to do. Dunno how it went becaus I went to sleep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I've watched Twise stream their 22 BRH last night, they almost 2 chested it. Got a 23 COE key as reward, and discussed pushing all the other keys to 22 before deciding which 23 to do. Dunno how it went becaus I went to sleep.
    that goblin floor pull was crazy...

I hope meowchan will release their videos once the qualification is over.

Deleted
    Looks like a group comprised of 3 FSY and 2 Ecology members just pushed to #1 on the Proving Ground leaderboards; Blood DK, Resto shaman, Warrior, Warlock, Hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Looks like a group comprised of 3 FSY and 2 Ecology members just pushed to #1 on the Proving Ground leaderboards; Blood DK, Resto shaman, Warrior, Warlock, Hunter.
    Pretty funny because Meowchan is in Ecology, and the FSY hunter was the raid leader of Wicked Vigilantes in NH (2 members of Meowchan's group are in this guild).

Already said this somewhere else.

Meowchan's group's experience is very good, but it comes down to who has the better players. Especially if the tournament realm has standardized gear and easier keys (18-20ish). In that situation it's all about how much your players can push and that heavily favors top raiders over miscellaneous M+ players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Already said this somewhere else.

Meowchan's group's experience is very good, but it comes down to who has the better players. Especially if the tournament realm has standardized gear and easier keys (18-20ish). In that situation it's all about how much your players can push and that heavily favors top raiders over miscellaneous M+ players.
    To be honest, its all about luck which +23 keys you got to be #1 on the boards. There are maybe 5 +23 (and perhaps 2 +24) keys which are doable compared to all the other keys. The key to success is to be very good in pushing several +22 keys to fish the ideal +23 keys. If your group is only able to push specific +21/+22 keys you need way more luck and way more time to hope for good +23 keys.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-07-30 at 05:17 PM.