10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It still has zones but also the monsters leave footprints and stuff and actually leave proof of their path. The glow seems to be an annoyance for the none casual or beginner player.
    They are much larger and more detailed though. I think it may be an option you can turn off. It could also be there for early testing or for tutorial stuff. I will wait for a bit more to come out before I start raging at the glowy trail. If it turns out to be a major thing I will be raging.

They released a bunch of short clips about weapons !

https://www.youtube.com/user/monsterhunter/videos

Edit : After watching them all...Holy fuck animations are amazing, I can't wait to play it.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2017-07-27 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    They released a bunch of short clips about weapons !

https://www.youtube.com/user/monsterhunter/videos

Edit : After watching them all...Holy fuck animations are amazing, I can't wait to play it.
    thats some good shit

Looks like i'm abandoning the lance for the charge blade.
    might end up dying a lot because i keep gazing at the animations but darn, they sure made them look sexy.

Bow/Hunting Horn for life yo.

Also after BotW and Horizon i could go for another open world bow vs monster game. It remains my jam.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    New to series so sorry if this sounds dumb. Is this all there is to the game? Go kill big monster then check it off, only to get another one? Also is there any type of story to the game as well. Im kind of excited for this game and more so after seeing the weapon previews. Thanks in advance.

Monster Hunter Stories launches on the 3DS on September 8th with a demo coming out on August 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Monster Hunter Stories launches on the 3DS on September 8th with a demo coming out on August 10th.

This game interests me more than MH World honestly. I'm really curious how they tackle the more "classic" jrpg structure. Also wondering how gear is handled
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    This game interests me more than MH World honestly. I'm really curious how they tackle the more "classic" jrpg structure. Also wondering how gear is handled
    It's been out for nearly a year in Japan. All that information is out there unless you're saving the answers until you get your hands on it.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man looking at those weapon demo videos for world the insect staffs already insane mobility is getting even better.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    It's been out for nearly a year in Japan. All that information is out there unless you're saving the answers until you get your hands on it.
    Didn't know that - well, i suppose oi'll stay spoiler-free. Hope it's a nice game.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So i take it by no answer means that basically there isnt a story. More like collecting bounties?

Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    So i take it by no answer means that basically there isnt a story. More like collecting bounties?
    Not really, they tried a little in 4U but monhun has never been for the 'muh cinematic experience' crowd. It was for the japanese 'get together with 4 PSP's and play on your break' crowd that made it a hit. Its boss fights for the sake of getting tougher boss fights. Thats how the hunting genre works.

Deleted
    monster hunter games do have a story, but dont expect anything great, they are more or less just a plot so there is something to push forward or a reason why something is happening.

monster hunter games are more about the gameplay and that is killing monster, looting and crafting.

if you have a 3DS you can download a demo for MH3U, MH4U or MHGen, so you can check out if you like the gameplay
    If i had to guess, there will be a demo for MHWolrd a month before its release on PS4.
    Last edited by mmoc7b28872f9d; 2017-07-31 at 09:46 PM.

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/monster-h...ugust-10-japan

Monster Hunter XX Switch Ver. demo will be on the Japanese eShop on August 10th.

http://nintendoeverything.com/capcom...rt-for-switch/

More stuff that makes it look like MH5 could be a switch exclusive if the sales for XX are good.

Much as i'd love for monhun to get better hardware than the 3ds and stay handheld i dont think the switch has enough units available to compete with 4U/X on the 3DS yet.

But at least we have world for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    MH:W is what I care about right now. I have a feeling Capcom does not want to put resources into 2 games that will require more work than the current model of basically DLC for PSP games.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

THIS THREAD HAS PURPOSE AGAIN!

Hello fellow hunters! I am Genn Greymane, Monster Hunter... Charmed.

This thread is dedicated to fans of the series or people who may be interested in the hunt! I recently became a fan when I picked up a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and I fell in love. This game has been a great amount of fun, and I have enjoyed every battle, from the lowly Jaggi to the mighty Lagiacrus.

BTW THIS GAME IS LIKE $15 AT GAMESTOP

Let us also discuss 4 which is on its way for 3ds, and hopefully also ported to the Wii U. We can also discuss our favorite hunts, gotta say, the Barroth has got to be my favorite monster, and not just because they made my character smexy

*OUR NEXT HUNT*

I am attempting to find the best day of the week to have MMO hunts, please send me an in-forum mail. I am thinking Sundays.
    HAPPY HUNTING!

*disclaimer*: You can make your own hunts on here too, do not feel pressured to conform to these above suggestions!

For those who want to learn of Monster Hunter and are curious here is a video about it to explain a few things

Beginners Section

Nice, but will it English??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Nice, but will it English??
    Prob not

I am getting MH: World though

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Prob not

I am getting MH: World though
    Same.

I even bought a slim PS4 so I can give my old PS4 to my girlfriend so we can play together, along with her brother and a friend.