Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    If Lyanna had run off with someone lower in rank than Robert it would be an issue the starks married up and Lyanna loved him.

It's a crime and slight to Robert and the baratheons not the starks, it would be like complain if you set your daughter up with a doctor and she brought home a ceo that she also loved
    I think you just don't understand the Starks at all. They had already promised her to Robert, the rank of her preferred suitor would not have mattered after the promise was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, but Ramsay was an unlikable character, but I liked the actor. He was amazing in that role.
    Yeah, same. For me, it was because Ramsay's character had a bit of humor that cuts through some of the darker moments. Euron seems more two-dimensional.

Acting quality doesn't seem comparable, either.

Here's what annoys me about Jon: when he's trying to convince others that the Army of the Dead is real and the Night King is coming to kill everyone, all he ever says about it is "I saw them!" in the same manner that one might insist that one has seen Bigfoot. I mean, for fuck's sake Jon, you've done more than seen them - you've fought them. You've lost men to them, and then watched as the very men who fought at your side against the Dead rose again upon falling and joined their ranks. He can describe, in vivid detail, exactly how the battle of Hardhome went down, the exact tactics that the White Walkers use, what they look like, etc, but nope! Instead of being as convincing as he can that these things are out there and they are out to kill us all, he just settles for "I saw them!" Oh, and nevermind that there are hundreds, if not thousands of other survivors who have encountered the dead too, who he could bring along as witnesses.

And he wonders why others won't listen.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Here's what annoys me about Jon: when he's trying to convince others that the Army of the Dead is real and the Night King is coming to kill everyone, all he ever says about it is "I saw them!" in the same manner that one might insist that one has seen Bigfoot. I mean, for fuck's sake Jon, you've done more than seen them - you've fought them. You've lost men to them, and then watched as the very men who fought at your side against the Dead rose again upon falling and joined their ranks. He can describe, in vivid detail, exactly how the battle of Hardhome went down, the exact tactics that the White Walkers use, what they look like, etc, but nope! Instead of being as convincing as he can that these things are out there and they are out to kill us all, he just settles for "I saw them!" Oh, and nevermind that there are hundreds, if not thousands of other survivors who have encountered the dead too, who he could bring along as witnesses.

Well if Jon Snow knew anything he would of brought a White Walker with him. That would have been the logical thing to do if you want to tell someone about an undead army.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think you just don't understand the Starks at all. They had already promised her to Robert, the rank of her preferred suitor would not have mattered after the promise was made.
    Rank would have mattered, he was crowned prince, and lyanna loved him, had he known Brandon certainly wouldn't haven't strode into to the red keep shouting for Rhaegar to "come out and die", that's what got him imprisoned.

Ya the whole thing would be scandalous, but Robert was a known womanizer even back in those days, even during his betrothal, its not like he was a nice guy who got cucked. The Starks and Baratheons already shared a bond through Ned and Robert growing up together anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Well if Jon Snow knew anything he would of brought a White Walker with him. That would have been the logical thing to do if you want to tell someone about an undead army.
    Shhhhhhh spoilers.......... :P

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Shhhhhhh spoilers.......... :P
    The night is dark and full of spoilers.

Thats what they do to drag it out, like how Sansa asks Bran to explain what is three eyed raven and he says he cant cos "its complicated"

I like how they portrayed Cersei as the underdog in the first episode and more and more she is gaining the upper hand. I was already wondering how this season - Battle of the queens - will play out, when Dany had every advantage.

Only pity is that logic has to suffer greatly from it. Eurons magic fleet being everywhere was already dubious last episode, this time it was over the top.
    And I understand they need to thicken the plot very quickly and quickly get rid of side stories, but where was Tyrells army at? They are supposed to be armed and combat ready, marching for KL blockade. On their way they must have met the part of Lannisters army coming from KL, and you would suppose they have spies along the border to the Lannisters (where they are in open rebellion with) to not be surprised by their attack.
    Even if Tyrells army was no match for the Lannisters, they could have stalled their advance and ask Dany for some air support. A Lannister army out of nowhere suddenly in front of Highgarden (which should also be able to withstand a siege for months) just made no sense, even with traitors.

And I don't get why everyone thinks Olenna was such a badass. Yes, she was very direct in her speeches, but she never put any deeds where her words went. Actually, since Joffreys death everything went straigt downhill. Every single one of her schemes got thwarted, and she lost literally everything.

Littlefinger, such a deep character, standing around giving generic advises also feels like an insult. It really makes me hope they get rid of him quickly, too, I hate seeing my favourite character withering in bad writing and limited screen time.

Dany and Jon, not much to say here. That was pretty much as expected.

And the Jorah / Sam scenes: Well, they've been shown. Considering the screen time Sam gets he very likely is going to play a major role later. Or the authors fell in love with his characters.

Oh, I almost forgot "being taught by the magical three-eyed-raven to see everything that is and was, and who died in a white walker attack so I took his place" "it's too complicated" Brann. And I like how he uses his powers to care for his family's love life, and not being secretive about it.
    Last edited by Puri; 2017-08-01 at 08:30 AM.

Guess this makes sense with the trailers, why else would Jon go north. Gona be a lot of deaths getting that walker :/

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Littlefinger, such a deep character, standing around giving generic advises also feels like an insult. It really makes me hope they get rid of him quickly, too, I hate seeing my favourite character withering in bad writing and limited screen time.
    Specially this. But so far, not impressed with this season. Was expectiong less "filler" or "hollow" conversations.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

7+ Year Old Account
    Well isn't Arya likely going to be the one that actually kills cersei? Wouldn't need an assassin if they can easily take the city and disgrace her.

I am curious how they're going to fight the white walkers when it seems there aren't many armies left...

I'm enjoying the season so far!
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Wonder if all those scrolls and books and such that Sam has to rewrite are about White walkers?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'd go for Viserion. Named after a bitch, could go down like a bitch.
    I still can't understand why she'd name one of her dragons after that scumbag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Remember though his men betrayed him. That may not want to be something you bring up when you're trying to sell yourself as a strong leader
    What Johnny did was very, very wrong and he deserved to die for it. That's something he wouldn't want the dainty tart Dany to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    I think this is pushing it a bit. Rickard Stark was not Tywin, which is exactly why he was burned alive, he agreed to come to kings landing to resolve this peacefully. The out come might have actually been different had truth been told to them. Brandon wouldnt have rushed there and Rickard would probably not have to go to kings landing under the same circumstance. I dont think Rickard & Jon Arryn would have rushed into a war over a love affair.
    The Mad king was a ticking time bomb dude. After he killed Rickard and Brandon he demanded Jon Arryn give him the heads of Eddard and Robert, two young men who were like Jon's kids who did nothing wrong.

It most definitely was. She fought him and told him "no" repeatedly, while saying it "was wrong".
    And therefore Cersei raped him right back in this last episode. He said "no" himself and she took him anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    Yep, and the rumor is he will get it before the season ends with both Stark women playing a role.
    There is only one stark woman left. The other is a girl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I thought season 7 has 7 episodes and season 8 has 6
    And I believe some of them in season 8 were going to be 2 hour episodes? I think I'd just read that somewhere.

Exact same thing can be said of dragons and resurrection magic and dumb ass 3 eyed raven shit. Johnny could have easily said "I understand why you wouldn't believe, I didn't believe in dragons until I stepped off my boat 30 minutes ago."

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, they'll be doing that later in the season.

I get you're trying to make a point with the whole "no" thing, but you'd have to be daft to think the scene and events were in anyway similar.
    Similar enough... given their relationship. Cersei wasn't really trying to stop Jaime, and Jaime wasn't trying to stop Cersei. It's like, with those two, you throw out context and just call them scumbags. Jamie just sometimes puts on a face of trying to be noble (with Brienne, Olenna etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Dragons are easier to believe because everyone knows they are/were real. Everyone just thought they had all died out. They were creatures that people actually saw. The white walkers and the Nights King are stories and legends.
    3 full grown dragons are hard to hide and easier to kill. Still, in the realm of possible, she should have asked for proof or some sort of mention of unbelievables becoming believable.

To add to the Dany bashing chatter, she's always had this air of superiority. She's talked down to just about everyone in the show, so Jon Snow should be no different. As she said, she's always believed in herself. She'd been told since she was young of who she was and what she was to become. She believes it. She really has no reason to respect Jon at all. Not on her level anyways. I wouldn't want a humble ruler in a situation like this.

If you've read the spoilers, I believe she will ask for proof... or Jon just decides to show her proof.
    Yep yep yep! In a far too friendly fellowship of the kingdoms moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    For me, it was because Ramsay's character had a bit of humor that cuts through some of the darker moments.
    I was a big fan of RamBo.

No. I said the scene was meant to be disturbing. Meaning everything that happened - who, what, when, where.
    Yes, this is pretty much it. the context of it all made it almost naeuseating to sit through. doesn't get more jarring than 2 incestuous, demented people start doing stuff like that next to their deceased son. You do realize rape did not even occur in the minds of most people initially until the furor thrown about it later right? this had the backdrop of happening between a couple and to me at least it was really clear that cersei's "no" was more "no, not next to joffrey's corpse come on" than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think the actor does a good job of making him a psychopathic asshole that's still kinda funny. Plus his Euron Hellscream scene at the end of Ep2 was badassery incarnate. In S6 he sucked, but S7 vastly stepped up the character.

I do hate how he's used as a plot device. Twice now his fleet has appeared from absolutely nowhere to rekt Dany's allies, one time crossing impossibly vast distances in record time to do so. His only purpose is to give Cercei a hand because, logically, she has 0 allies left.
    I have to disagree with the impossible distance. Dragonstone is further, by sea from Casterly Rock than King's Landing. Also King's landing is on the way to Dorne from Dragonstone. Euron would of intercepted the first time while they were sailing by, been rather close to KL, had the one day parade and stuff, and took off after the rest. Grey Worm and crew showed up earlier and Euron showed up a bit later but still in time. Ironborne were considered ship people, would make sense their boats are a bit better and faster...

Plus the episodes are not real time, there is off screen travel going on.