Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite excited for today. #choo choo on the hype train!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    But the same guy that leak that 1h sword for ele was the same guy that nailed everything else that later was shown with images (Crystal Desert, other elite specs, mounts), it was on reddit but it got deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Why would the 1h sword Ele be wrong?
    Literally all I was saying was the 1h sword for Ele isn't a new thing and it could be just as wrong as it was last time. Things change during development all the time so even if it was accurate back when that person leaked, which is still an assumption since they haven't officially released anything about the xpac yet, things could have changed between then and now.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The pre-show starts on Twitch in an hour and 15 minutes I think, if not 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Also, I am pretty sure they said no further classes will be implemented (though they have elite specializations which is kind of like a new class imo)
    As for races, I want a new race too but I don't think they have any plans do add new ones, which sucks because then the expansion won't really have any major selling points.

Also crossing my fingers for player housing but I don't think they care about that stuff.

I'm prepared for major disappointments, I doubt there'll be anything there that'll make me wanna return to the game.
    Guess we'll just have to see! I've learned not to get too excited about announcements in the gaming industry these days, especially in the MMO genre.

Deleted
    Expansion announcement starting shortly:

Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2017-08-01 at 03:53 PM.

I'd come back full time for housing personally.

I love the feature.

But guess we will see in 2 minutes time.

Uhm. Both those trailers were kind of meh.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-01 at 04:06 PM.

I'm only able to listen to the stream, but so far...sounds like the leaks were accurate.

Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire

- 5 new zones
    - 9 new elite specs
    - Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I'm only able to listen to the stream, but so far...sounds like the leaks were accurate.

Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire

- 5 new zones
    - 9 new elite specs
    - Mounts
    Pretty underwhelming. Hope there is more than that.

Looks like Ele sword confirmed, at least.
    Eh don't play one. Got Thief, Mesmer, Necro and Ranger. Thief is dual pistols too since I like ranged more than melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're heading to vabbi boys!

HOLY SHIT free beta and then release day on my bday!
    Last edited by barackopala; 2017-08-01 at 04:24 PM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pretty underwhelming. Hope there is more than that.
    Stream just started, and as soon as I had that crumb of info, work beckoned.

They were going over the lore/story to PoF when I had to cut out.

So basically every mount involves moving in the air someway?

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, so more grinds just to be able to get around the maps, I guess. Masteries for the mounts and whatnot it looks like.

Meh on that all around.
    Yeah if they intend to bring Masteries in for mounts then I'm already out.

Sigh they have such a good Elite in Reaper as Necro. Now they throw us a torch and basically make it a partial support spec.

Man Mirage is going to piss so many people off in PvP.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-01 at 04:17 PM.

Did they state whether or not the mounts would be usuable in pre-PoF zones?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Did they state whether or not the mounts would be usuable in pre-PoF zones?
    Not that I recall.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pathetic. . . . . I will never spend money on an arena net product again.

Lets make an expansion and act like WvW isnt a part of the game anymore!!!!! SO SMART!

Yeah so far as I said this is really underwhelming.

None of the Elite specs are wowing me other than Revenant and I haven't even touched that class.

Wait is that it? The show wasn't even 25 minutes long.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a PvE player, I was astounded. This is like a wet dream come true. Hopefully they'll keep the Living Season style and get rid of the horrible HoT system where you had to farm ad-nauseam for masteries. Mounts seems incredible - I think the only thing that didn't wow me was the new specializations, but it's not terrible either.

I would've liked a new race, but then again it's not that important.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    its not like its complicated to level up, pop a booster and you'll be done on release day pretty much.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    its not like its complicated to level up, pop a booster and you'll be done on release day pretty much.
    That really is not my major gripe. I have no interest in Revenant in general. I just think the Elite spec looks half decent.

That less than 25 minute pre show was terrible.

Deleted
    So the key selling points of this expansions are mounts and new class specializations. I was hoping for more

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So the key selling points of this expansions are mounts and new class specializations. I was hoping for more
    I was expecting a lot more.

Housing. Not improving upon Guild Halls.
    WvW improvements.
    PvP updates.
    PvE updates.

All we have are 5 zones, 9 specs and 4 mounts that are each designed to do a similar thing.