Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Felt underwhelming. The announcement trailer I saw was not doing much to sell it.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I love the new zones they showed off, really cool stuff but honestly, an expansion is supposed to be more than just new questing zones and stories, you need two big selling points in this day and age, a new class or race is no longer enough for the consumer, you're going to have to double that.

Elite specializations are cool and all and I'd say that's almost like a new class, but no new races and no player housing which the RP community has been asking for is truly disappointing to me.

This is more of a big patch rather than expansion in my eyes. WoW could've never released an expansion like this, they would've needed at least a new race to go along with new specs to please the mmo crowd.
    Idk, I'll probably play it, though I probably won't buy it until 1. I hear that player housing is going to become a thing or 2. A price drop.

Mounts were cool though, MUCH cooler than WoW's mounts for sure.

Underwhelming. Pretty to look at though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I did say, "Most of which", not all.

(Though any Fractal is about a 45 second affair half the time.)
    Then could you specify which elements of the list you quoted are included in your "10 minutes of content" statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    2. A price drop.
    Lower than $30? If you ask me, it's a pretty good price point.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Do I really need to draw you a map?
    I'm not sure where this attitude is coming from. Why post an argument on a forum if you're not willing to either discuss or back it up?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Lower than $30? If you ask me, it's a pretty good price point.
    I think it's a very reasonable price

- - - Updated - - -

Come on BD. I mostly agree with what you post but 10 minutes of content is pure exaggeration

Deleted
    OK, I was really apprehensive about the Thief Rifle thing when I saw it leaked as a possible Elite. Figured it might not fit thematically, might seem too much like a Warrior or Range.

NGL that preview got me hyped.

I also think Warrior and Ele look interesting. Not that excited about Holosmith because I like the Scrapper gameplay too much to change.

What do I need to back up? Most of the stuff on that list falls into the category I stated. You haven't stated anything that challenged that other than, "But what about raids?!?!" which I didn't bother disputing. So I'm a little confused on what you're arguing about.
    I asked you to specify which of the elements of the list you were referring to, so that I knew what there was to challenge and whether I would want to do so. Refusing to do so makes me think you're not interested in discussing it, but I'll just respond to the list as a whole then.

Jumping puzzles, I'll agree with. They're short, one-time activities you probably won't do again, and have no real reason to.

Events, world bosses, and adventures are open world content that is made to be repeatable. They reward you with materials, currency for vendor-bought items, and often have achievements associated with them. World of Warcraft added world quests with Legion, with the intent of having players repeat the quests they've already done for the sake of rewards. It's not that far off, imo. That said, even in the case of content only being done once, 10mins remains an exaggeration.

However, as Guild Wars 2 has little in the way of gear progression, many of its non-crafting rewards are cosmetic. For a player who isn't interested in skin collection or achievements, there's going to be a reduced interest in repeating this sort of content. If that's the case, I can see the Living Story as being light on content, but even the core game doesn't have much to offer in that case.

Fractals and raids are fairly self explanatory.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2017-08-01 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pretty underwhelming. Hope there is more than that.
    Im confused...more what...they laid out stuff typically found in any expansion in any game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Doesn't WoW's latest expansion have 5 maps? I don't get that criticism here
    Do WoW expansions offer classes new ways to play outside of redoing their talent system for the billionth time (well legion did in a way). Pretty much the same thing except WoW has a bigger budget for raids.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Need to look more into the guardian axe/fire shit but just...who the fuck over at Anet has been working on guardians since launch? Yet again another specialization that doesn't seem to fit well with the classes theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I like desert zones. Desert, Underwater, Jungle and Snow are some of my favourite types.
    I agree. Got tired of the jungles of HoT. Then again, Nightfall was my favorite GW1 xpac.

Fractals are a tough cookie because they're all extremely short. Yeah, I understand that they're meant to be "spammed" in a sense, but still...if WoW released one dungeon every X months that took 90 seconds to complete and said, "NEW DUNGEON!" every time, people would have a fit.

Raids are raids. I haven't touched one, so I really can't critique yet. I'll defer to your experience on that one.

As for some of the other stuff...I'll never consider farming, grinding, etc to be content. It's just insulting to us all, to be honest. Yes, I know that means that MMOs probably aren't a genre I should be playing, but still.
    Given how dungeons in WoW have traditionally been structured, I agree that the community would not take it well. Fractals have been fairly short-run instances since their introduction however, so people know what to expect. I personally found the newest one to be a touch above the rest.

If farming is not your cup of tea, or you have no desire for the rewards of doing so, then I am on board with you. Once you finish your initial sweep of the content, you will have little to no reason to do come back and do it again, making content updates (and maybe even the expansion) light on new things to do from a PvE perspective. For us degenerates that do enjoy unlocking new weapons/armour or completing achievements, the content has been quite nice, at least imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Need to look more into the guardian axe/fire shit but just...who the fuck over at Anet has been working on guardians since launch? Yet again another specialization that doesn't seem to fit well with the classes theme.
    Not to mention it just looks boring overall.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but I liked adding longbow to guardian via DH. Now the traps were kinda eh, but having an actual decent ranged option sure was nice.

I only played around with it for finishing world exploration, though, so I never tried it out in any sort of serious content.

That being said, comparing the new guardian elite of "burn things even moar" to something like Ele's Weaver...yeah, no contest what sounds cooler. Whether Weaver functions better or not, though, remains to be seen, but it's hard to imagine it not functioning well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt get to watch the reveal yet but isnt the guardian spec based on tomes?

My criticism is that its a rehash of stuff the class already has/had. Tomes arent new, they were just removed. Guardians have always been fire based ie all the blue flames, torch, virtues, ridiculous access to burning. A physical melee dps weapon should be dope though. Every class has a GS, hammer is slow, mace is support, sword is too magical for my taste. Guards have always been boring to except in some applications.

THAT warrior though!!!!

Lol maybe guards did get shafted compared to warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I agree. Got tired of the jungles of HoT. Then again, Nightfall was my favorite GW1 xpac.
    |||yeah toss up for me with factions both where real good X-packs

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Maybe I'm an outlier, but I liked adding longbow to guardian via DH. Now the traps were kinda eh, but having an actual decent ranged option sure was nice.

I only played around with it for finishing world exploration, though, so I never tried it out in any sort of serious content.

That being said, comparing the new guardian elite of "burn things even moar" to something like Ele's Weaver...yeah, no contest what sounds cooler. Whether Weaver functions better or not, though, remains to be seen, but it's hard to imagine it not functioning well.
    I liked the LB filling the "ranged dps" option for Guardians, but thematically, especially with traps, it made no sense IMO. I don't play a guardian to set traps and shit, that's rangers and engineers and thieves and shit -_-

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I didnt get to watch the reveal yet but isnt the guardian spec based on tomes?

My criticism is that its a rehash of stuff the class already has/had. Tomes arent new, they were just removed. Guardians have always been fire based ie all the blue flames, torch, virtues, ridiculous access to burning. A physical melee dps weapon should be dope though. Every class has a GS, hammer is slow, mace is support, sword is too magical for my taste. Guards have always been boring to except in some applications.

THAT warrior though!!!!

Lol maybe guards did get shafted compared to warriors.
    A bit, apparently there are already some heavy fire condition builds that are popular. But thematically, it just sucks that there doesn't seem to be a proper "frontline tanky/support" build for guardians that I know of. A lot of us rolled guardians to be more like a paladin role - low damage output but being up in the thick of things controlling/tanking mobs and supporting allies. But we don't really have a strong kit for that, and neither added specialization seems to have done much to fill that gap. Instead, other classes are getting to fill that niche while guardians, who are perfect for it, are left kinda...just around.

As a massive fan of having mounts actually add to the gameplay, I'm going to be watching VERY closely to see how well GW2 actually implements them. They've already done a pretty good job with jump puzzles, but mounts are something that will be really easy to screw up. Can't really tell very well just from the reveal trailer. I'll have to wait and see what the live game looks like, or beta vids on youtube as we get closer to launch.

No matter how they do it, it has to be better than WoW's "LOL! Here's flying! Have fun ignoring everything in our shit ground design. Oh...we CBF to build for flight, so here's Argus with no flying. herp derp!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Did they state whether or not the mounts would be usuable in pre-PoF zones?
    Roy did confirm on Twitter that mounts will be usable in all Tyria zones. So pretty much everywhere like after they updated Gliding, so I guess they learned from that one.

I would have liked if the Guardian had a more spirit based functionality, similar to a ritualist of gw1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

No matter how they do it, it has to be better than WoW's "LOL! Here's flying! Have fun ignoring everything in our shit ground design. Oh...we CBF to build for flight, so here's Argus with no flying. herp derp!"
    I think ArenaNet is done fairly well to incorporate gliding in all of the content following HoT. I will assume it will be the same for mounts.

With WoW, when I played it always seemed like they didn't know what to do with flying after TBC