Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    "Son of a bitch, he stole my line."
    -Robin Williams, Good Will Hunting

That was literally the exact argument I made in favor of Demon Hunters back on the day, and you rejected it!

You are now hypocritically using an argument you once brushed off to prop up your current point of view.
    Perhaps he learned from where he was wrong.Lets just hope this continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I have no clue what you're talking about. I never suggested Crypt Lords and Fire lords. I listed the WC3 heroes and the WoW classes their abilities went to.
    On the topic of class advancement, which lead to understand that you were suggesting for example for death knights to be "promoted" to crypt lords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Just a friendly reminder that only a few pages ago you were saying the exact opposite about Death Knights using warrior abilities in Naxx.
    I'm also pretty sure that I also mentioned that the difference was that DKs had a WC3 equivalent. Bards do not.

And a friendly reminder that the NPC in question also has Dark Song, Chilling Song and Peaceful Song, which are not priest abilities or things priests can do.
    Actually the NPC in question was Russell Brower (the NPC actually labeled as a Bard), and the ability in question was Wedding Hymn.

And a third friendly reminder that Priests can't use attenuation, song of the empress, blazing song, Power Chords, Song of Battle, Crane's Song, Piercing Song, Naaru's Lament, Sonic shock/boom/burst/discharge/blade/field/projection/Divebomb/spike/spear, Enchanting lullaby, Any of the abilities on Memento of Angerboda, Force and Verve, any of the bard HotS abilities, or the vast majority of spells attributed to bard characters in their tabletop sources.
    Good to know.

And if you're not a NE, Hunter, or Rogue? And if those abilities are on CD?
    Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Bubble, Howl of Terror, Psychic Scream, Leg Sweep, Shadowfury, Dragon's breath, fade, entangling totem, Die by the sword, icy trap, typhoon, Ursol's vortex, Intimidating shout, shockwave, chaos nova, binding shot.

Not to mention any significant burst of AoE damage would wipe out skels left and right.

There are actually far more abilities to counter low health minion swarms than there are abilities to counter dots.

I'm also pretty sure that I also mentioned that the difference was that DKs had a WC3 equivalent. Bards do not.
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/orc/u...odobeast.shtml

Actually the NPC in question was Russell Brower (the NPC actually labeled as a Bard), and the ability in question was Wedding Hymn.
    Yes.
    And he also has Dark song, Chilling song and Peaceful Song.

Three song attacks that shoot different bolts of energy at a target on separate cooldowns.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-08-02 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    He said a class, what matter if they exist in wow or not.
    Because he was clearly being Facetious.

Dks...with Crypt Lord abilities?What kind of Alpha/beta file did you pull that from?
    Beta file. At one point DKs had locust swarm, and it did the exact same thing as the Crypt Lord ability. Eventually Blizzard changed it to Unholy Blight, and continued to alter the ability throughout WotLK. Druids eventually got Insect Swarm which was a variation of the NPC version of Locust Swarm. However, that ability eventually morphed into Sunfire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    "Son of a bitch, he stole my line."
    -Robin Williams, Good Will Hunting

That was literally the exact argument I made in favor of Demon Hunters back on the day, and you rejected it!

You are now hypocritically using an argument you once brushed off to prop up your current point of view.
    Where's the hypocrisy? I admitted that I was wrong about Demon Hunters, and now gladly use them because they ironically support my older argument about WC3 being the core of WoW class creation.

You should be happy about that.

Because he was clearly being Facetious.

Beta file. At one point DKs had locust swarm, and it did the exact same thing as the Crypt Lord ability. Eventually Blizzard changed it to Unholy Blight, and continued to alter the ability throughout WotLK. Druids eventually got Insect Swarm which was a variation of the NPC version of Locust Swarm. However, that ability eventually morphed into Sunfire.
    So Unholy Blight, a spell that serves to spread diseases, doesn't have the same name and neither the same effect(a good reason to have the name changed) of the wc3 spell counts, but item version of Cluster Rockets does not.Ok...i will keep it in mind.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-08-02 at 03:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Unholy Blight, a spell that server to spread diseases, doesn't have the same name and neither the same effect(a good reason to have the name changed) of the wc3 spell counts, but item version of Cluster Rockets does not.Ok...i will keep it in mind.
    Hence why I said "formerly", Locust Swarm no longer exists within WoW's class lineup.

What item version are you talking about? Here's the Cluster Rocket ability from Wowhead:
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=136110/cluster-rocket

10+ Year Old Account
    I always liked the idea of a blood mage. There were some in Tempest Keep and have always wanted to cast Blood Bolt. Figured some sort of vampirish-mage. But basically it's just a fire mage who does some blood stuff. So that just makes it a maybe-4th spec mage thing. Or just something fire mage could adapt to. Or something. I don't know. I want to be called "Blood mage" dammit! xD
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    I always liked the idea of a blood mage. There were some in Tempest Keep and have always wanted to cast Blood Bolt. Figured some sort of vampirish-mage. But basically it's just a fire mage who does some blood stuff. So that just makes it a maybe-4th spec mage thing. Or just something fire mage could adapt to. Or something. I don't know. I want to be called "Blood mage" dammit! xD
    The feels, i also would like a actual summon Phoenix spell, not that wierd thing Fire mages got.Maybe a Glyph that change Meteor to a Phoenix.

Things like that made me change my mage from fire to Frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Bubble, Howl of Terror, Psychic Scream, Leg Sweep, Shadowfury, Dragon's breath, fade, entangling totem, Die by the sword, icy trap, typhoon, Ursol's vortex, Intimidating shout, shockwave, chaos nova, binding shot.

Not to mention any significant burst of AoE damage would wipe out skels left and right.

There are actually far more abilities to counter low health minion swarms than there are abilities to counter dots.
    Riiiight. Well, since summoning swarms of undead are no longer an issue, perhaps Blizzard can start lowering the cooldown of Army of the Dead? Maybe that will make Necromancer fans happy.

Ha! Yeah right.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=29528/drums-of-war

All you need is the Kodo.

Yes.
    And he also has Dark song, Chilling song and Peaceful Song.

Three song attacks that shoot different bolts of energy at a target on separate cooldowns.
    There's no WC3 equivalent, so what's your point?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-08-02 at 03:50 AM.

Riiiight. Well, since summoning swarms of undead are no longer an issue, perhaps Blizzard can start lowering the cooldown of Army of the Dead? Maybe that will make Necromancer fans happy.

Ha! Yeah right.
    If it become a cast spell that summons 2 ghouls that last 10 seconds and have 3 charges, maybe.

But if that happen Dks lose one of the last 2 spells that connects them to the Original wc3 Dk.

Dude, i also want a Tinker class, but with you making arguments like this makes the job difficult.

They might, if summong swarms were part of DK's fantasy, as opposed to being a knight who mostly fights with the help of a couple undead.

All you need is the Kodo.
    Oh, I must have misread "Kodo Aura", because it almost seemed like what you actually need is a musical instrument with which you are well experienced and trained, to play continuous songs that buff allies.

You know.

Like a bard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The feels, i also would like a actual summon Phoenix spell, not that wierd thing Fire mages got.Maybe a Glyph that change Meteor to a Phoenix.

Things like that made me change my mage from fire to Frost.
    I still love fire the most. I just like the playstyle of it. But yeah, the phoenix! Oh god I would be so happy to have it!
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

10+ Year Old Account
    If it become a cast spell that summons 2 ghouls that last 10 seconds and have 3 charges, maybe.

But if that happen Dks lose one of the last 2 spells that connects them to the Original wc3 Dk.
    Why would they? That would simply become the new Raise Dead spell, and they'll probably switch the current Raise Dead spell to "Animate Dead" which is what the old DK ultimate was called.

Dude, i also want a Tinker class, but with you making arguments like this makes the job difficult.
    What's wrong with that? Those items do exactly what the WC3 unit did, minus the Kodo that devoured units. It also gives some credence to the theory that Bard is a future profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Let's repeat that, shall we? "The problem is two Light classes healing people and creating shields" So there we go, we have conflict between paladins and priests.

(P.S.: Necromancers don't have to spread diseases. For one who loves to use other games as examples, why don't you look at Diablo 2 necro and just have him use poison?)
    Poison you say? Like perhaps... a rogue?

Is this serious? You can't CONSTANTLY change from one extreme argument to the other as it suits your needs. This is literally the kind of argument you were countering when people were telling you that tinker makes no sense because of engineering. And in this case it is nowhere near as bad as the "overlap" between those (which you should know is a concept I find stupid in the first place, but you did too)

Where's the hypocrisy? I admitted that I was wrong about Demon Hunters, and now gladly use them because they ironically support my older argument about WC3 being the core of WoW class creation.

You should be happy about that.
    Oh, I'm highly amused that you can adopt a well-grounded argument when it suits a simple opinion (with regard to Tinkers).

It's your now constant argument against necromancers in this thread, using all the same arguments you used against Demon Hunters, that is ridiculous. We'd think you'd have learned from the experience, that no one is capable of stating what Blizzard will do, or what can or cannot be part of any given class in the future.

I don't care about necromancers in WoW, one way or the other. Either the game eventually ends without them, or they do get added and I roll one as an alt. Whatever.

Threads like this are inherently speculative, and the only wrong answer is "no".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Is this serious? You can't CONSTANTLY change from one extreme argument to the other as it suits your needs. This is literally the kind of argument you were countering when people were telling you that tinker makes no sense because of engineering. And in this case it is nowhere near as bad as the "overlap" between those (which you should know is a concept I find stupid in the first place, but you did too)
    Like I said, if someone can produce a viable class concept for the Kodo Rider, I'd happily support it. However, from the evidence I see, I don't see how such a class is doable when its main claim to fame are drums that increase attack power, and riding a giant Kodo that eats things. It doesn't help that Leatherworking has several different War Drums that do essentially what the Kodo Rider did: Increase the power of your allies through beating a drum.

Like I said, if someone can produce a viable class concept for the Kodo Rider, I'd happily support it. However, from the evidence I see, I don't see how such a class is doable when its main claim to fame are drums that increase attack power, and riding a giant Kodo that eats things. It doesn't help that Leatherworking has several different War Drums that do essentially what the Kodo Rider did: Increase the power of your allies through beating a drum.
    They tried, you said it was not possible because Priests had a Hymn and Warrios have shout therefore, a Bard(a music user that can easily include the Kodo Rider playstyle.)Cannot exist.

There's no WC3 equivalent
    You have yet to prove WC3 is a mandatory requirement.