Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I wasn't planning on going to donalds, as I haven't for ages, but if Orlong says it's to be boycotted, it must be a great place. I'll be sure to go next Wednesday and Friday.

Also, all of the complaining seems to be America only issues. But that's what you get for not paying employees nearly anything.
    If you dont think the pay offered is for for the job, then dont take the job. You know when you accept the job what is required of you and what you will be paid. Dont take the job and do a half assed job and then bitch and say you would work harder if they pay more. Funny how the elderly people who work in the mornings for the same pay actually have work ethics and integrity and do the job well. Its the lazy entitled youngsters that make McDonlads a shitty place to eat. The only care about a paycheck and dont give a shit about the customers or work quality

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    It sounds like it'd be a bitch and a half to enforce, after all would we count a touch screen as a robot that takes someones job?
    That's for future legislation to handle, frankly. The specifics into the percentage of tax, what should be taxed and in what situations of automation accounts for taxation. It's a garbled mess, but I see no other way of progressing forward without that, otherwise we risk devolving into a Technocracy ruled by corporations that have long ago dissolved the government.

And based purely on how corporations have behaved ethically in the last 100 years, I can say that I definitely do not want that to happen.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    and forgetting to give me the dressing to go with my salad.
    The irony of this comment at the end of your rant
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I have noticed that every McDonalds I've frequented in the past year has continually increased their service time. But that could be due to them trying to cater to every want and expanding the menu. Idiots asking for "fries with no salt" slow down the entire process. When people suggest these yahoos deserve a $15 minimum wage, I just chuckle. The sooner we automate these tasks, the sooner I won't have to worry about the high school drop out fucking up my order and forgetting to give me the dressing to go with my salad.
    The biggest reason for the service time increases is their insistence on offering those ridiculous frozen coffee drinks that take like 5 minutes to make. Those damn things need to be off the menu forever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    They order no salt because the odds are good they will be hot, and that they will get extra fries, then some add their own salt after in the amount they like.
    They dont need to be an ass and ask for no salt on their fries to get hot fries. You can just ask for fresh fries. I do it all the time. Asking for no salt fries as a ruse to get fresh fries, just makes everyone think youre an idiot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    So you got bad service from one Mickie D's location, and now you're asking MMO-C to be your personal army?

Nope. Ain't gonna do it! Man up!
    Its not one location. Its like that at almost every McDonalds, especially during busy periods like noon
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-08-04 at 06:16 PM. Reason: removed fake infraction message

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If you dont think the pay offered is for for the job, then dont take the job. You know when you accept the job what is required of you and what you will be paid. Dont take the job and do a half assed job and then bitch and say you would work harder if they pay more. Funny how the elderly people who work in the mornings for the same pay actually have work ethics and integrity and do the job well. Its the lazy entitled youngsters that make McDonlads a shitty place to eat. The only care about a paycheck and dont give a shit about the customers or work quality
    Funny how it seems to not be an issue here, where workers get paid.

Quite apparently you're pleased enough with bad service, that you want nothing to change, and just want to able to complain about the workers there.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-08-04 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I don't want to be a dick, but you just confirmed the standard preconception we have of the 'Merica's junkfood crowd (I say this, because I know you are nice people and aren't all like that. But some (what are still many)...... Sauce needs to drip of the sides when you squeeze your burger? Disgusting. You need more than 1 cup of sauce when you eat 6 McNuggets? Dafuq mate, you know it's illegal to drown chickens right?

The only thing I agree with is that it's indeed quite expensive for a fastfood meal. The other things I don't agree with, I think about it the exact opposite. I didn't come here for a year and just went back there the last month for 2 times. Both times my burgers were really nice, McNuggets were crunchy and the fries were good. I also like the new bigger cup size for the mayo. The overall quality in the Netherlands of McDonalds is good in my opinion.

If you talk about service, then you need to come to the KFC over here. I swear, it's horrendous. Sometimes I think there is a secret camera and that it's a joke, it's so bad it makes me laugh of instead making me angry. The quality is good, but the service. My man....

Today was the last straw and I have officially added McDonalds to my boycott list. I demand they either increase the quality of staff to make the food properly, or lower their prices. At almost $9.00 for a large Big Mac meal their prices are very close to what you would pay for a cooked to order higher quality (and more substantial meat patty) burger and fries at a diner or pub. The only reason anyone eats at McDonalds is speed. Here are a list of things that happen no matter which McDonalds Ive gone to, that continue even after repeated complaints to management.

Drive Thru is the priority. They couldnt care less about the people inside, as long as they meet that drive thru time goal, often cheating the clock by parking people after they order as well

Undercooking/not cooking food properly in order to rush people through the drive thru or to get them out of the lobby

Putting full to the top baskets of fries and chicken nuggets in the deep fryer which causes them to not cook properly because they are all crammed in. Regulations require baskets to be no more than 30% full. The workers are lazy and dont want to be constantly manning the fryers.

Pulling fries up 20 to 30 seconds early which makes them floppy and not golden brown. (same goes for hash browns in the morning)

Being skimpy on sauces and condiments (when you squeeze a burger the sauces should drip out the sides. You shouldnt have to take off the top bun and wonder where the ketchup is, nor would any normal person be able to use 2 packets of ketchup for an entire large order of fries, or 1 sauce cup for 6 nuggets and be satisfied.

Giving you 1 napkin if you use the drive through. Who in the hell can eat an entire meal using just one napkin???

And their biggest offense - Leaving the damn cheese exposed to air all day!!!!! This cause the edges/corners to dry out and become nasty. The lazy asses cant even take the time to cover the cheese each time they pull a slice out of the bin

And lastly, I have written an email to corporate twice a week for the last 2 years requesting McDonalds switch to round cheese as square cheese causes my OCD to flare. The bun is round, the burger is round, why in the hell cant the cheese be round too!!

Am I the only one that is outraged by these things? People need to stop eating at MCDonalds to force them to change!

You had me up unto the point you complained about the shape of the cheese... I mean seriously .... out of all the issues and some quite important ones like leaving the cheese open to the air all day, are hygiene concerns... and perfectly valid.

But the last thing anyone should be worrying about is the shape of a piece of cheese...... its almost funny.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    They order no salt because the odds are good they will be hot, and that they will get extra fries, then some add their own salt after in the amount they like.
    While I was working at McDonalds, this was true. But I also did a stint at a Burger King, and while I was there they changed their policies on 'no salt' orders. Instead of making a fresh batch, we'd just take the order toss it back into the grease for ~5 seconds, and serve it. It rinsed off all the salt - safely - and made 'no salt' orders take ~10 seconds instead of ~3 minutes.

Most places, including Burger King, will happily make you fresh fries if you ask for fresh fries, but a few places had adopted the double dip method to get around no salt orders.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Man, I remember when happy meals were the bomb. Now they have like apples and milk in them or something, poor kids.
    There a mix of stuff they can get now, hamburger/chicken nuggets and then they get a tiny fires and then yogurt or apples and of course a toy. they can also have milk or soda.

They get away with what they do in the US, because you let them, thats free market for you. McDonalds here have unions and are paid more then what they get in the US, despite your GPD per capita being higher. We even force them to use only products that are made here and not outside the country. The fact that the biggest economy in the world is so scared to piss of companies is always laughable to me. They dont leave small markets with super strict rules and somehow you think they would vacate yours lol? You dont need to boycott, juust force them to quality standard by law, you have the upper hand not the other way around.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-08-04 at 06:27 PM.

Don't like it go somewhere else, sorry man it's fast food not a grocery market. They can determine the price and decide what products are put. Nobody forces anyone to eat anywhere if you don't like the price go somewhere else.

Deleted
    Many years ahead of you. Only stupid people eat at McDonalds and other junk food joints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    They get away with what they do in the US, because you let them, thats free market for you. McDonalds here have unions and are paid more then what they get in the US, despite your GPD per capita being higher. We even force them to use only products that are made here and not outside the country. The fact that the biggest economy in the world is so scared to piss of companies is always laughable to me. They dont leave small markets with super strict rules and somehow you think they would vacate yours lol? You dont need to boycott, juust force them to quality standard by law, you have the upper hand not the other way around.
    None of those things will force people to do their jobs correctly. If anything service would probably get worse (in the US anyway), because like most union jobs, its almost impossible to get fired unless you murder someone so everybody works half-assed and never gets and discpline

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmagoriaX View Post
    There a mix of stuff they can get now, hamburger/chicken nuggets and then they get a tiny fires and then yogurt or apples and of course a toy. they can also have milk or soda.
    Oh, they give a choice, that's cool then. All I see in the commercials is the boring stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    People still eat fast food? If i'm forced to eat out for a quick meal, its chipotle, other than that maybe a nice sit down restaurant every other weekend.

Stop giving companies like this money, you're feeding yourself garbage. The last time i had "fast food" was chick filet, probably about 2 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I wasn't planning on going to donalds, as I haven't for ages, but if Orlong says it's to be boycotted, it must be a great place. I'll be sure to go next Wednesday and Friday.

Also, all of the complaining seems to be America only issues. But that's what you get for not paying employees nearly anything.
    The mcnuggets are pretty good for how cheap they are. imo.

But have not been to one in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    McDonalds isn't bad if you can catch them while the food is fresh. Mind you Chick-Fil-A is an all around better dining experience. As far as fries goes it's Arby's > Chick-Fil-A > McDonalds. Among fast food at least, I dislike Wendys and Burger King is shit.
    I've always liked the Whopper just fine and their fries have improved a lot in the last couple of years.
    That said, they're still below Arby's curly fries, Chick-Fil-A waffle fries, and McDonald's fries.

And lastly, I have written an email to corporate twice a week for the last 2 years requesting McDonalds switch to round cheese as square cheese causes my OCD to flare. The bun is round, the burger is round, why in the hell cant the cheese be round too!!

Am I the only one that is outraged by these things? People need to stop eating at MCDonalds to force them to change!
    HAHAHAHAHA JESUS MAN rofl that's fucking golden. For a moment there I thought you were serious with your post, that just saved the day, nice one.

Today was the last straw and I have officially added McDonalds to my boycott list. I demand they either increase the quality of staff to make the food properly, or lower their prices. At almost $9.00 for a large Big Mac meal their prices are very close to what you would pay for a cooked to order higher quality (and more substantial meat patty) burger and fries at a diner or pub. The only reason anyone eats at McDonalds is speed. Here are a list of things that happen no matter which McDonalds Ive gone to, that continue even after repeated complaints to management.

Drive Thru is the priority. They couldnt care less about the people inside, as long as they meet that drive thru time goal, often cheating the clock by parking people after they order as well

Undercooking/not cooking food properly in order to rush people through the drive thru or to get them out of the lobby

Putting full to the top baskets of fries and chicken nuggets in the deep fryer which causes them to not cook properly because they are all crammed in. Regulations require baskets to be no more than 30% full. The workers are lazy and dont want to be constantly manning the fryers.

Pulling fries up 20 to 30 seconds early which makes them floppy and not golden brown. (same goes for hash browns in the morning)

Being skimpy on sauces and condiments (when you squeeze a burger the sauces should drip out the sides. You shouldnt have to take off the top bun and wonder where the ketchup is, nor would any normal person be able to use 2 packets of ketchup for an entire large order of fries, or 1 sauce cup for 6 nuggets and be satisfied.

Giving you 1 napkin if you use the drive through. Who in the hell can eat an entire meal using just one napkin???

And their biggest offense - Leaving the damn cheese exposed to air all day!!!!! This cause the edges/corners to dry out and become nasty. The lazy asses cant even take the time to cover the cheese each time they pull a slice out of the bin

I don't eat at McDonalds because the food is terrible, regardless of their service.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The mcnuggets are pretty good for how cheap they are. imo.
    They recently redid their recipe for them, they are actually pretty decent now.