Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    What about that makes it "proper".
    G4560 comes damn close to an i3, and therefore to a Ryzen 3.
    Yep but you wouldn't use a GTX 1080 Ti with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Yep but you wouldn't use a GTX 1080 Ti with any of them.
    Lower you do down the GPU spectrum the better lower core count/higher frequency processors become.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Didnt expect such a massive difference, especially in a well optimized game like BF1.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    Not sure if posted before:

AMD confirms a Rzyen "Linux performance marginality problem" causing segmentation faults with many, parallel compilation workloads in particular.
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Segv-Response

Allegedly TR and Epyc are not affected and if you experience this problem, you should contact support .
    Last edited by mmoc1a2258818d; 2017-08-08 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one place where I would give a damn about Zen is laptops - there they are really needed, especially with Vega iGPU. Prices for decent laptops are obscene and there is where the real difference needs to be made.

15+ Year Old Account
    AMD is selling extremely well it seems:

http://wccftech.com/amd-cpu-sales-ov...gest-e-tailer/

Competition... HOW I'VE MISSED THEE!

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    AMD is selling extremely well it seems:

http://wccftech.com/amd-cpu-sales-ov...gest-e-tailer/

Competition... HOW I'VE MISSED THEE!
    This is really good news for consumers, regardless of whether you are an AMD fan, Intel fan or neutral. Intel will have to answer, at least on the price front. Their future generations are going to follow the AMD incredi-glue designs. It's not cost effective to do anything else. Games will start focusing more on multiple thread support. At the end of the day, in the future, you should be able to get a really good gaming experience for no more than $150 on the CPU side of things. That's what everyone should be cheering.

Here is another view of that data (I posted this in another thread) which gives a better view of how things have changed.

https://i.imgur.com/DJ86sGc.png

What would you guys recommend for MoBo and Ram to pair with a ryzen 1700? I think there were some ram frequency issues with Ryzen 1700, which also means mobo needs to be chosen properly.

So far, I have these in mind, what do you think?

MoBo: ASRock X370 Taichi or ASUS ROG STRIX X370-F Gaming
    Ram: G.SKILL Flare X DDR4-3200Mhz C14 16GB (F4-3200C14D-16GFX)

Also, can you recommend me some more rams in case I can't find this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What would you guys recommend for MoBo and Ram to pair with a ryzen 1700? I think there were some ram frequency issues with Ryzen 1700, which also means mobo needs to be chosen properly.

So far, I have these in mind, what do you think?

MoBo: ASRock X370 Taichi or ASUS ROG STRIX X370-F Gaming
    Ram: G.SKILL Flare X DDR4-3200Mhz C14 16GB (F4-3200C14D-16GFX)

Also, can you recommend me some more rams in case I can't find this one?
    This mem is probably the best you can find universally. There are also TridentZs with the same characteristics, but those use a variety of mem chips, Flare X are specifically designed for AMD. Mobo choice is pretty straightforward imo: 2 ASUS boards and 2 ASRock boards: Crosshair VI Hero, Strix-F, Taichi and Fatal1ty Professional Gaming. I'd say go with Hero if you can afford it, and if you cannot go with either Taichi or Professional Gaming. Both boards have the same VRM, just different color scheme.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

AMD Ryzen is a bonafide success. The value of the six core cpu's are far too great to shrug off. Performance is fantastic for the price.