Poll: Should Doomplate Thrall return as a main character and Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    After WoD destroyed most of the Orc characters of old and made them raging "Conquerers" even without the blood of Mannoroth, which IMO made the curse redundant as it portrays them negatively even without the fel taint.

Did you honestly think that, before the fel taint, the orcs somehow were such pacifists that they couldn't harm a fly? If that was the case, why would they even drink of the blood of Mannoroth to begin with? The blood wasn't to give them bloodlust, but to be controllable by the Burning Legion.

I mean, for crying out loud, look at some of the orc tribe names: Warsong; Laughing Skull; Shattered Hand; Bleeding Hollow; Bonechewer; Burning Blade... do those tribe names really sound like they belong to a pacifist race, and not a race where war and conquering was a big part of its culture?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    "Main Characters" is not a thing World of Warcraft needs IMO. They should be pushing for multiple storylines with different characters interacting with the player. Currently, it's "Warcraft, starring: The Allyraces: Illidan the Elf, Maiev the Elf, Velen the Draenei, and Khadgar the Human!".

Next expansion apparently Jaina will be a central character, but they need to bring other characters and make those look awesome too.
    When I used the term main character, I meant like Sylvanas, Greymane, Khadgar, etc. Ofcourse have other characters as well.

Zaela could have become a tolerable Warchief had Blizzard not butchered her character in WoD. As for Thrall, he made his choice long ago.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2017-08-06 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Did you honestly think that, before the fel taint, the orcs somehow were such pacifists that they couldn't harm a fly? If that was the case, why would they even drink of the blood of Mannoroth to begin with? The blood wasn't to give them bloodlust, but to be controllable by the Burning Legion.

I mean, for crying out loud, look at some of the orc tribe names: Warsong; Laughing Skull; Shattered Hand; Bleeding Hollow; Bonechewer; Burning Blade... do those tribe names really sound like they belong to a pacifist race, and not a race where war and conquering was a big part of its culture?
    Have you read Rise of the Horde? Ofcourse the Orcish clans weren't pacifists, but they had a balance understanding under the old ways. Here's the description of the book,

Long ago, on the idyllic world of Draenor, the noble orc clans lived in relative peace with their enigmatic neighbors, the draenei. But the nefarious agents of the Burning Legion had other plans for both of the unsuspecting races. The demon-lord Kil'jaeden set in motion a dark chain of events that would succeed not only in eradicating the draenei, but forging the orc clans into a single, unstoppable juggernaut of hatred and destruction.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I used the term main character, I meant like Sylvanas, Greymane, Khadgar, etc. Ofcourse have other characters as well.
    Oh. Then, no. The devs demonstrated that they don't know what the heck they want to do with him. Best to leave him untouched. Of course I would like to see Thrall's story progressing, but if the lore team can't do it right, it's better to avoid this butchering, and give more light to new characters, especially for other races that aren't involved in the leadership of their factions.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's so trendy to be a Garrosh sympathiser, Garrosh choose his own actions. Thrall put his mistake down in epic fashion, how that dishonours the Horde I don't have a clue. Garrosh was and will always be the biggest embarrassment to ever grace the Horde.

The only thing I do agree is they should be developing new Orc characters.
    who the hell talk about Garrosh?

not me for sure

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he's coming back, but I would love to see a new character Develop for the role over the course of a couple expansions

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Zaela could have become a tolerable Warchief had Blizzard not butchered her character in WoD. As for Thrall, he made his choice long ago.
    she could be a awesome warchief if Blizzard was rly into the feminist wave of we '"need""" a female characters with power position, but hey, who don't like elves amright

Have you read Rise of the Horde? Ofcourse the Orcish clans weren't pacifists, but they had a balance understanding under the old ways. Here's the description of the book,

Long ago, on the idyllic world of Draenor, the noble orc clans lived in relative peace with their enigmatic neighbors, the draenei. But the nefarious agents of the Burning Legion had other plans for both of the unsuspecting races. The demon-lord Kil'jaeden set in motion a dark chain of events that would succeed not only in eradicating the draenei, but forging the orc clans into a single, unstoppable juggernaut of hatred and destruction.
    I have not read the book, no.

But my understanding so far is that the clans were indeed in war with one-another, but left the Draenei alone on the fact the Draenei were more advanced and possessed more powerful weapons, something that was quickly overpowered when Garrosh brought goblin technology to the Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Thrall should die, he dishonored himself by cheating against Garrosh.

Its time to build up new Orcs and leave the WC3 generation behind.
    Also in like 3-4 exp packs Thrall kids should enter the story.

I want to see the Orcs return to there clan based roots and get current day warlords instead of keep falling back to Thrall and Saurfang.
    I see people bringing up this point a lot, but when has it ever been stated that you're not allowed to use magic in a mak'gora? Keep in mind that the movie universe is non-canon.

'Relative' being the operative word. In the MU, the Legion offered the orcs a means to wipe out the draenei and the orcs jumped at the opportunity. In the AU, Garrosh gave a similar offer and once again the orcs accepted. The orcs and draenei lived in peace, sure, but given how the that turned out TWICE I'd argue that the orcs never liked this arrangement and secretly aspired for more.

Deleted
    As a warrior yes. His shaman-days are over, and should stay that way. Although even better would be if they gave horde some new characters instead of focusing on old ones.

Thrall should just die already.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    It's about time the Horde side of the story move away from orcs. After 3 expansions centered on Orcs, starting from the green Jesus in Cata, to Nazi-Garrosh in Mist and WoD, it's time to give Orcs a break and focus on some other races. The focus Belf get in Suramar with the Nightfallen Rebellion is good, and the forsaken storyline in Stormheim is decent if ended somewhat abruptly.
    That's a fine premise, but the Horde will always be centered around the orcs (as it should be), and the Warchief of the Horde should always be an orc. It was tolerable having Vol'jin, but having Sylvanas lead the Horde is just... ugh.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bring him back, we've already lost too many Orc characters.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    No, let Thrall go off and be retired, the entire Horde is better off without him.

He claimed to want peace, then literally handed control of the Horde over to someone who had major warning signs of being pro-Horde (more importantly pro-Orc) war-crazed and blood thirsty. After all those events, he then went on a personal vendetta to seek personal vengeance and kill Garrosh, thereby forsaking literally everything he believed in. He left the Horde for his own selfish reasons of talking to the elements then when he got angry he went after Garrosh and turned his back on those same elements.

He is unfit to lead, serving his own interests before those of the Horde, simple as that.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong; he was the perfect epitome of what I expected a Warchief to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Jorrin Deadeye? Nah he don't have guts like Killrog.
    What did they do with him? I don't think we've seen him since BC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Oh. Then, no. The devs demonstrated that they don't know what the heck they want to do with him. Best to leave him untouched. Of course I would like to see Thrall's story progressing, but if the lore team can't do it right, it's better to avoid this butchering, and give more light to new characters, especially for other races that aren't involved in the leadership of their factions.
    In an ideal world, Sylvanas would have died off in WotLK, Thrall would have died off in MoP, and Vol'jin would still be alive to lead the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chr2 View Post
    I see people bringing up this point a lot, but when has it ever been stated that you're not allowed to use magic in a mak'gora? Keep in mind that the movie universe is non-canon.
    If I'm not mistaken, the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I have not read the book, no.

But my understanding so far is that the clans were indeed in war with one-another, but left the draenei alone on the fact the draenei were more advanced and possessed more powerful weapons, something that was quickly overpowered when Garrosh brought goblin technology to the Orcs.

I have spoken to many who were there at the destruction of the city of Shattrath. When I ask them about the event, their minds are clouded and their recall is poor. Even Drek'Thar, who remembers so much with astonishing clarity, stammer and hesitates when asked to recall the details. It is as though with the demonic blood fresh in their mouths, those who drank can remember only the fury they felt and not what they did in it's grasp. And even those who did not drink, that small handful of which Drek'Thar is a member, even they cannot summon the details to mind. It is as if such an atrocity was so horrific that it wants to be forgotten.

That some Draenei survived the assault is not in doubt; I have seen the sad, pathetic things that were once the glorious draenei with my own eyes, wandering forlornly here in Azeroth, soft and shattered, crying for home. These "lost ones" are to be pitied. So it is that this account is vague, and I regret it. Such a moment, dark though it may be should not be forgotten or glossed over. But such is the chronicler's challenge.
    Chapter 20, page 312.

You really need to read the book, it shows how the Orcs were manipulated through fear by Gul'dan, Ner'zhul and Kil'jaeden. It's a tragic story, the Orcs are far from innocent in the story, but you do appreciate what they once were to what they became. To me WoD destroyed some of that innocence the Orcs had, but oh well. That's just my own opinion.

no, Thrall is a horribly written character, and should have been killed off a while ago.

or, he should try to reclaim the doomhammer at the end of Legion, just to be killed by the player character.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    no, Thrall is a horribly written character, and should have been killed off a while ago.

or, he should try to reclaim the doomhammer at the end of Legion, just to be killed by the player character.
    Thrall is one of the best written characters Blizzard have, you don't have a bloody clue. I suggest you go read Lord of the Clans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is prettymuch retired like the man who voiced him, Chris Metzen. Folks need to accept the fact his story is done and feel lucky he wasn't killed off like Varian was (who Metzen also voiced).

The time is now for new stories to be written. We all know Saurfang is just a placeholder. The question is who will step up?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Thrall is prettymuch retired like the man who voiced him, Chris Metzen. Folks need to accept the fact his story is done and feel lucky he wasn't killed off like Varian was (who Metzen also voiced).

The time is now for new stories to be written. We all know Saurfang is just a placeholder. The question is who will step up?
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Just because Metzen has retired doesn't mean he won't voice him, he's even said he'd still like to do it. You're assuming a lot, unless you've got insider information we all don't have.

Metzen Tweet
    Last edited by Razaron; 2017-08-06 at 03:34 PM.