Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I met my boyfriend of 2 years on Grindr. Yeah, I guess online dating can be a bit "much" sometimes, but I don't see it as too different from other forms of meeting people. No matter what, you're going to have to put in work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Also fun fact, very few girls care about how your face looks, if you have lots of money. I mean look at Beyoncé and Jay Z
    FTFY. As a side note, the word shallow gets thrown around a lot but no one is going to talk to people they're not physically attracted to, especially online where it's not 'real'. If I'm not attracted to someone, I will be their friend but I don't want to date them. That's true of everyone everywhere. If I'm on a dating site I'm just not going to reply to someone who I'm not attracted to because I'm not there to make friends, I don't care about your winning personality if your face is a non-starter.

I read an article about online dating a few months ago, and the news for single men looking for women is all bad. Apparently on most dating sites the men outnumber the women by about 4 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I think gays and cripples should do the world and favour and date each other.

infracted - trolling

lmao that post

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Profile isn't usually the problem, the problem is the messages people are sending, the content and the amount. You're spammed with a lot of "hey" "how u doing?" and so on as a woman on a dating page. A lot of low effort messages where you don't even bother to check their profile because of the low effort in their message.
    My personal favorite are those blank profiles with no information or where they only have pictures of torsos.

To add to that: most people under 30 don't have actual relationship motives. They want a quick fuck or they want to get pics of you and catfish; that's speaking from experience. I'd say the odds are more like 1 in 100 on a dating site/app have ltr motives when they're under 30 which just makes it harder.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a little shallow to insinuate all women are gold diggers isn't it? (I'm neither a feminist nor a white knight), and yeah I get that, my point is guys seem to care more about a woman's face, women seem to care more about body, I mean look at all the worldies with ugly boyfriends, and all the slim dudes with thiccer girls
    I didn't say that, but it becomes a whole lot easier to punch above your weight if you have money - see every billionaire ever. My point was that on the whole men and women both care about looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    FTFY. As a side note, the word shallow gets thrown around a lot but no one is going to talk to people they're not physically attracted to, especially online where it's not 'real'. If I'm not attracted to someone, I will be their friend but I don't want to date them. That's true of everyone everywhere. If I'm on a dating site I'm just not going to reply to someone who I'm not attracted to because I'm not there to make friends, I don't care about your winning personality if your face is a non-starter.
    Of course no one will want to chat you up if they don't find you physically attractive, but Bennett is right. 90% of if someone messages you back or not is how weird/creepy you come off. I don't believe myself to be a terribly attractive person, and always blamed my low response rate on that. But once I realized the way I communicated with people was entirely off, I went from 10% response rate to 60-70%.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also fun fact, very few girls care about how your face looks
    Fun "fact": This is patently false. Some women may be more lenient than others, but most of them require the lack of looks to be offset by other factors. Especially on dating sites where all they have to go off of are your looks and hand-typed words.

us lads are kind of shallow (not always)
    Fun "fact": "Shallow" is a word used by people who feel rejected to make themselves feel better. There is nothing wrong with being selective or even picky. Attraction and intimate preference are perfectly valid factors when selecting a potential partner.

the number one reason you won't get replies is being creepy/ weird
    Fun "fact": "Creepy" is a word used to describe a guy who shows interest in a girl who's not interested in him.

It's a little shallow to insinuate all women are gold diggers isn't it?
    As I said above, women can be lenient in regards to looks, but that deficiency has to be offset by other factors. Eg, they've been friends a long time and know each other, they're really good with words or they have money. That doesn't mean that *all* women are like that, but if the girl is attractive and guy's not, he's either a prince of romance, filthy rich or hung like a horse.

my point is guys seem to care more about a woman's face, women seem to care more about body, I mean look at all the worldies with ugly boyfriends, and all the slim dudes with thiccer girls
    Attraction is the foundation of intimacy and without intimacy, you're just friends. There's no rational reason to be with someone you're not attracted to unless there are other factors at play. As far as the "thicker" girls go, that seems to be some fad/fetish. Probably because there's so many of them and they're easier to get along with. Though I've always thought "thick" was pretty hilarious as it's just a nice way of saying "fat".
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-08-07 at 12:07 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Of course no one will want to chat you up if they don't find you physically attractive, but Bennett is right. 90% of if someone messages you back or not is how weird/creepy you come off. I don't believe myself to be a terribly attractive person, and always blamed my low response rate on that. But once I realized the way I communicated with people was entirely off, I went from 10% response rate to 60-70%.
    Your numbers are just not true and I think they're harmfully demotivating to people that are trying to find someone online.

90% of rejection is based on how weird you seem? Nonsense.
    Unattractive person with 60-70% reply rate by changing your messages a bit? I don't believe you.

Again, I'm not on dating sites anymore but compared to my circle of friends, acquaintances and colleagues I had a lot of success on them (I met my current girlfriend on PoF). That said, from my most recent experience as a sociable, slightly above average looking guy with money, a car, an education, a good job and my own house I had maybe a 5% response rate from girls that I would feel confident approaching on a night out. From that 5% I had a bunch of dates; a few short term flings and one relationship.
    Last edited by Thoughtcrime; 2017-08-07 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    Trust me mate, if you have problem in Yorkshire UK imagine me while I'm in Poland.

I feel ya
    While we're at it, try living in Utah, USA as a lesbian. It's impossible to date, I tell you. You can find some hookups in Salt Lake City but if you're looking for something else you're hosed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    While we're at it, try living in Utah, USA as a lesbian. It's impossible to date, I tell you. You can find some hookups in Salt Lake City but if you're looking for something else you're hosed.
    Look at the bright side: If you can find two or three, you can move to the country and marry them all! (Sorry, old Mormon joke )

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    "Wierd/creepy" is an extension of attractiveness. Copy paste the same message as an ugly guy and as a hot guy, many girls will think the ugly guy's message is creepy and the hot guy's message is sweet. And everything in between depends on your level on the attraction scale.

I cringe at some of the messages I used to write a few years ago when I was single, yet I still had a good response rate.
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2017-08-07 at 12:58 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    It's quite a range from thick to fat, the terms aren't really synonymous. At least to people that don't immediately see anyone with a BMI > 25 as lesser beings.
    On the contrary, "fat" has always meant "overweight", not "huge", not "bigger than <size>". More up-to-date words have been adopted to describe the various body types and push out words like "fat" because they're "mean". That doesn't change the general meaning behind them. All "thick" is, is a description of a particular body type, that being "pear-shaped", or "overweight with a wider lower half".

And no one said that larger people are "lesser beings". But they certainly are less attractive to the majority of people. As far as the relationship bit, yeah, getting along with your SO is important. But irrelevant if there's no attraction.

Profile isn't usually the problem, the problem is the messages people are sending, the content and the amount. You're spammed with a lot of "hey" "how u doing?" and so on as a woman on a dating page. A lot of low effort messages where you don't even bother to check their profile because of the low effort in their message.
    I had a lot of success on March.

Read the profile, find something in common, message them about it.

Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    On the contrary, "fat" has always meant "overweight", not "huge", not "bigger than <size>". More up-to-date words have been adopted to describe the various body types and push out words like "fat" because they're "mean". That doesn't change the general meaning behind them. All "thick" is, is a description of a particular body type, that being "pear-shaped", or "overweight with a wider lower half".
    I don't know if thick these days has to do with weight at all, I mean some bigger girls might use it as a nicer thing for their weight but I have pretty consistently been called thick(thicc??) and I am in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Megitsune View Post
    I don't know if thick these days has to do with weight at all, I mean some bigger girls might use it as a nicer thing for their weight but I have pretty consistently been called thick(thicc??) and I am in shape.
    If I get the context it's used in right from watching streams; It's used for women who have muscular thighs/muscular butt from exercise?

If I get the context it's used in right from watching streams; It's used for women who have muscular thighs/muscular butt from exercise?
    As a guy who periodically uses the phrase, its for women you find attractive that have a little extra meat on their bones. Not enough weight to be fat, but to much to be supple. Its typically extra meat around the thigh area, and specifically NOT around the arm or stomach.

edit: and its thicc, not thick

I find it depends on the area.

Tinder in San Diego was abysmal.

They all had the same set of pics, Cartwheel on a beach. In a cocktail dress at brunch. On a boat. And they all wanted "meaningful relationships" that required mid-six figure salaries, luxury cars, boats etc. You know, "those" types of ladies.

Seattle's a little less insane. But I generally don't care for online dating. Seems like a waste of opportunity to go out and meet people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megitsune View Post
    As I mentioned, it refers to a pear-shaped body, where the lower half is notably larger relative to the upper half. It's certainly possible for the extra weight to come from muscle for some, but certainly not a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    edit: and its thicc, not thick
    This is the equivalent of saying, "It's 'outta', not 'out of'." There is no such word as "thicc". It's just a stupid "meme".
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-08-07 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I think gays and cripples should do the world and favour and date each other.

infracted - trolling
    LOLOLOL DID THIS GET REPORTED?

Holy SJW get triggered.