Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's better ele or enhance

What's currently better dps ele or enhance?

They're both pretty close, although Ele is probably the more useful of the two for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    They're both pretty close, although Ele is probably the more useful of the two for pve.
    Ele is one of the worst, if not the worst spec in raiding right now. Enh is better by a mile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    Ele is one of the worst, if not the worst spec in raiding right now. Enh is better by a mile.
    Wrong, they Are pretty close atm https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

It really isn't. Ele is more versatile than enhance, and it is much stronger on several fights. Single target they are close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shindaah View Post
    Ele is mostly for AOE/Cleave padding, enhance is about focus target / single target:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps
    So i think enhance has better damage and ele has the utility of being a ranged (with extremely weak single target).

Quote Originally Posted by shindaah View Post
    Is that a joke? There's zero logs for Avatar and Kil'Jaeden for ele, two fights ele is garbage on. The only reason ele isn't lower is because of AoE padding on Harjatan/Host.

It really isn't. Ele is more versatile than enhance, and it is much stronger on several fights. Single target they are close.
    "Close"
    Last edited by Antilurker77; 2017-08-06 at 09:11 PM.

Is that a joke? There's zero logs for Avatar and Kil'Jaeden for ele, two fights ele is garbage on. The only reason ele isn't lower is because of AoE padding on Harjatan/Host.
    Enhance sucks hard on Avatar and KJ as well, for the same reasons.

Enhance does better on ST, Ele better on AoE, rest is up to the usual Range vs. AoE.

Honestly, Enhance is a melee version of Ele, next to no defensive, poor mobility.

"Close"
    Ele is much better than enhance on Avatar and Kil Jaeden.

- - - Updated - - -

"Close"
    Way to choose one of the absolute worst fights for ele....

- - - Updated - - -

"Close"
    When adds need to die, there is no padding. You got busted for spouting off bullshit. "Ele is the worst spec in the game"
    Last edited by Sakred; 2017-08-06 at 11:43 PM.

No, not at all. Ele is as bad as it gets...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, not at all. Ele is as bad as it gets...
    Is this what "As bad as it gets" looks like? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t&difficulty=4

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount
    Last edited by Sakred; 2017-08-06 at 11:48 PM.

It's heroic, who the heck cares?
    But yes, it is.

It's heroic, who the heck cares?
    But yes, it is.
    Here's mythic for ya https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

Indeed, it's one of the worst classes in the game now.
    Thats why you have some many of them on the Avatar kills, you know.

Oh and they are doing great on Maiden https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ount&boss=2052
    Last edited by Aggrophobic; 2017-08-07 at 12:12 AM.

Ele is much better than enhance on Avatar and Kil Jaeden.
    There's litterally zero public logs for either spec on mythic, and on heroic ele looses to enh on both of those fights. Have you tried not making up facts?

Way to choose one of the absolute worst fights for ele....
    So a fight that's almost pure ST is garbage for ele? Unbelievable! It's almost like ele's ST is garbage.

When adds need to die, there is no padding. You got busted for spouting off bullshit. "Ele is the worst spec in the game"
    Oh you certainly can pad. I've already seen logs for Inquisition where people intentionally spawn extra adds for padding. Harjatan is RNG based on how many tadpoles you get, on top of that ele is near the bottom for boss damage. Host is the only fight where ele really does well, but enh isn't that bad on that fight either. Mistress is very easy to kill eels too fast, you almost have to let ele solo the adds to parse well on that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele is my favorite spec to play this expansion, out of any class. It's just a lot of fun and didn't get gutted as much as other classes.

I don't care if they are middle of the pack, it's just fun.

Deleted
    It's all about resto mon. Anyway, it depends on what you mean by 'best dps' I know it sounds like an obvious question but in a few posts the war has started. Through most of legion I'd have said enh by a country mile but you can do ele if that's your thing. Again its all about what you want from a spec, I'm but a lowly hc raider in a guild that kills a few mythic each tier but at the moment I would go with which you enjoy the most - unless you're all about the number crunching, in which case carry on

Deleted
    You guys dismiss add damage like it's nothing. I would love to see you actually kill bosses by ignoring the adds.
    Last edited by mmoc485edc1e5f; 2017-08-07 at 08:21 AM.

They're both terrible, just play what you like.

For me, I think elemental is the worse playstyle. I hate MP as elemental, it has no flow for me and its just boring as all hell.

At least there is some order for enhance and its fun RNG, like oh, I get to spam Stormstrike for 10 seconds every once in a while and its exciting because you're doing a lot of damage and you can see your dps climb.

With elemental you wait for the procs because your cycle is boring as shit.

Indeed, it's one of the worst classes in the game now.
    Thats why you have some many of them on the Avatar kills, you know.

Oh and they are doing great on Maiden https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ount&boss=2052
    You can't be serious with maiden. There's grand total of 31 parses. What meaningful statistic can be derived from that?
    Going by that logic (in the same graph), surv is the best dps by a huge margin.

Not saying that ele is in a good state or anything (nor enh for that matter), as it's still probably the worst st spec in the game, but that graph is bollocks for some specs if you want to compare them objectively.