Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    [QUOTE=schwank05;46819747]
    Quote Originally Posted by Absomal View Post
    Did you ask your friend to set it up or did they spontaneously do it themselves?

I said to my friends girlfriend at the time, Hey you have any friends that are looking for a Guy? she said actually, yes I have the perfect girl for you.
    That's actually pretty lucky lol. I don't have that kind of luck, I'll most likely never have a girlfriend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You just insulted and then agreed with me? Respect
    Not sure that I insulted you, exactly. While certainly not a term of endearment, "kiddo" is something I call anyone younger than I am (or presumed to be, at least). I even call both of my sisters "kiddo" and they're both over 40. /shrug

As far as agreeing/disagreeing, I don't envelope everything a person says with the fact that I disagree on a certain point, and for the same reason I don't subscribe to a specific political leaning. I look at each point individually, as that's the rational course.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I mean most people don't share every interest with one another and if you fall in love with someone peoples interest's change to cater to their relationship. I used to despise country music, but since I met my wife I have grown to tolerate it.
    I don't understand this. How can you change if you don't like something or have no interest? I could never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I don't understand this. How can you change if you don't like something or have no interest? I could never do that.
    I mean basically Men just want guaranteed Sex. We or at least most of us don't really have any interest in dating or all the drama and Bullshit that goes along with it. I just want someone that I know will be there for me when I need to get off, so we Date and get Girlfriends and Wives so We don't have to constantly chase after women. Because let's face it Prostitutes are probably the cheapest sex there is out there, but are Illegal. So we get a Permanent Prostitute in a Girlfriend or Wife, They are way more expensive, but you don't have to leave the house to get one. So most men will do shit they don't want to so we can get Sex that's it plain and simple. And women get someone to be there for them and listen to their pointless talking and have someone to protect them and all the stuff that goes along with being a Dude. I love my Wife, but I don't like doing half the shit she wants to do. but like most men put up with it so I can get laid.

Deleted
    tbh just try to be like @Freighter

There will never be a better off-call than her.

It can be tough. Try Facebook? I once used MySpace to reach out to this girl I had accidentally bumped into in college. I was just awkward so I didn't muster the strength to reach out to her until after a few back and forth messages.

Personally, if I can't hug the person or take her out for ice cream or something I won't do that type of dating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    tbh just try to be like @Freighter

There will never be a better off-call than her.
    What is off-call?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean basically Men just want guaranteed Sex. We or at least most of us don't really have any interest in dating or all the drama and Bullshit that goes along with it. I just want someone that I know will be there for me when I need to get off, so we Date and get Girlfriends and Wives so We don't have to constantly chase after women. Because let's face it Prostitutes are probably the cheapest sex there is out there, but are Illegal. So we get a Permanent Prostitute in a Girlfriend or Wife, They are way more expensive, but you don't have to leave the house to get one. So most men will do shit they don't want to so we can get Sex that's it plain and simple. And women get someone to be there for them and listen to their pointless talking and have someone to protect them and all the stuff that goes along with being a Dude. I love my Wife, but I don't like doing half the shit she wants to do. but like most men put up with it so I can get laid.
    Sounds like a rather sad existence if sex is so important that you would be with someone you don't really like doing things with just because there's sex.

You get messages and they not bots?!

Deleted
    What is off-call?
    Your mindset is like the most oppressive I have seen in this forum

What is off-call?

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a rather sad existence if sex is so important that you would be with someone you don't really like doing things with just because there's sex.
    It's just How Men are, it's pretty much what makes the world go around.

Your mindset is like the most oppressive I have seen in this forum
    I'm not oppressive.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not oppressive.
    It says Pit Lord under your name
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    It IS very tedious, however my last 4 GFs have been from online dating (3 from eharmony one from Oasis). You really just need to make your profile witty and to the point. Walls of text or small one liners don't work very well anymore.

Unfortunately online dating is all about 1st impressions and looks, so make sure you have a handful of nice pics of yourself, ideally each with a bit of variance from one another, avoid selfies if you can.

From my experience though I find it easier getting a date approaching a stranger in person. Reason I like online dating is because you cut the crap of trying to find someone who is on the same page as you. Not sure how that works for a gay guy like yourself though. Hope it works out for you, just keep at it!

I think PAID online services are your best shot, paid really implies everyone on there is serious in searching for someone. Free sites you get bots, trolls, catfishes, and just unresponsive dead profiles.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2017-08-08 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not oppressive.
    You even asked me why you should care when other people suffer...

You even asked me why you should care when other people suffer...
    Okay? What does that have to do with you saying I'm oppressive? I'm not affected by people I don't know suffering, how is that oppressive?

Deleted
    Okay? What does that have to do with you saying I'm oppressive? I'm not affected by people I don't know suffering, how is that oppressive?
    I just say you bark louder than any dog if you are involved in a post or... just even a thought

I am currently going through a huge breakup where me and my girlfriend were together for 9 and a half years. You make changes to how you approach the things you don't like so that when they want to do something they enjoy, you can find some joy in it too and hope they can find joy in doing what you like to do.

She was very adamant about me eating healthy and losing weight. I tried and slowly lost some weight, but didn't change much of my ways. Then a month ago, she broke up with me out of the blue. I convinced her to give it another go, I completely changed everything: not eating fast food hardly at all, I didn't drink pop/soda, worked out daily (rode bike/kettle bell workouts) and things seemed to be looking up, I lost 21 pounds since then even (some of it due to the breakup and not being able to eat though). I wanted to take her out to dinner to celebrate my recent raise, at dinner she said she still wasn't happy. I told her to just try to think positively about our relationship instead of so negatively all the time. Last Tuesday she came home after going out (again) without letting me know where she was (per usual) and told me we are done and she isn't attracted to me anymore when she walked in the door.

You have to give a little and be willing to give a little to make a relationship work. Not every day is roses and sunshine, sometimes its swamps and thunderstorms. Being willing to work on the relationship is key, if you can't stand them at their worst its not going to last. You have to either be willing to accept them for their flaws or walk away.

Deleted
    I mean most people don't share every interest with one another and if you fall in love with someone peoples interest's change to cater to their relationship. I used to despise country music, but since I met my wife I have grown to tolerate it.
    True but as I said they have nothing of interest they're not even attractive. I settled for what I could get in the past, fuck that I deserve somebody I am fully into.
    Last edited by mmoc1f234b9ee4; 2017-08-08 at 03:33 PM.

Profile isn't usually the problem, the problem is the messages people are sending, the content and the amount. You're spammed with a lot of "hey" "how u doing?" and so on as a woman on a dating page. A lot of low effort messages where you don't even bother to check their profile because of the low effort in their message.
    And this shit is why online dating is absolute garbage.

Women get so many messages that they overhype their own value and somehow believe men should be sending them Shakespeare excerpts to be worthy of their attention.

Just get Tinder and hit anything with a pulse until something hot replies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I deserve somebody I am fully into.
    Great attitude, but entitlement much?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side