Poll: Should Doomplate Thrall return as a main character and Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I didn't even play WoW during 4.2, you are wrong in diminishing his overall presence.

Thrall was very present all throughout the early parts of Cataclysm and then he was way too important in the events leading up to the release of Firelands. Everything was Thrall Thrall Thrall.

And for the record, actually, I thought Thrall was cool... until the Cataclysm.
    That's just wrong. During the entire leveling from 80-85 you only saw him twice, once at the Maelstrom where he said "Hi!" and once in Twilight Highlands in a fevered dream caused by a faceless monster. In the Firelands patch you saw him in the trailer and then for the wedding event, that was it. FL had Malfurion as the main poster boy. Sure, Thrall was all over 4.3, but that was it really.

Oh, and I suppose, he played an odd role in the second half of the goblin starter zone.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Honestly in my opinion every faction leader has to go, clean slate, let's develop and focus on some new characters.

I didn't even play WoW during 4.2, you are wrong in diminishing his overall presence.

Thrall was very present all throughout the early parts of Cataclysm and then he was way too important in the events leading up to the release of Firelands. Everything was Thrall Thrall Thrall.

And for the record, actually, I thought Thrall was cool... until the Cataclysm.
    I'm not saying he wasn't a major character but I do think people go over the top on how much he actually appeared.

He played a voice role in 4.3 raid, Dragon Soul.
    He played a NPC support character in 4.3 dungeon, The Hour of Twilight.
    His 4.2 quest line The Call of the World Shaman that could be completed very quickly.
    His brief appearance at the Maelstrom entering Deepholm.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Feel free to add more if there any, Khadgar has showed up more in WoD and Legion and he doesn't get the same hate.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I'm not saying he wasn't a major character but I do think people go over the top on how much he actually appeared.

He played a voice role in 4.3 raid, Dragon Soul.
    He played a NPC support character in 4.3 dungeon, The Hour of Twilight.
    His 4.2 quest line The Call of the World Shaman that could be completed very quickly.
    His brief appearance at the Maelstrom entering Deepholm.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Feel free to add more if there any, Khadgar has showed up more in WoD and Legion and he doesn't get the same hate.
    Oh, believe me, I'm starting to get pretty annoyed of Khadgar, and it has been less than a year, to be fair.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Oh, believe me, I'm starting to get pretty annoyed of Khadgar, and it has been less than a year, to be fair.
    Well Khadgar been around for longer then a year if you count WoD, but I guess any character in the spotlight will be annoying for some people.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Well Khadgar been around for longer then a year if you count WoD, but I guess any character in the spotlight will be annoying for some people.
    That's true - I did quit for the majority of WoD, though, so I can't really talk too much about WoD. Kinda regret it because I missed 95% of the ring questline. And I'm a sucker for stories/big questlines.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely yes. Him turning back as a wise mighty warchief in time the horde needs to be strong will be bold move on his side. I want an adamant non villain character for the horde and Thrall is the best choice csuse now he is broken. He needs to be reforged.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    ......no.He had an awesome run.Let him be a wise,powerful shaman who lives a life of retirement with his clan and family(like Metzen ).
    No, Thrall is disgraced. His actions in SoO and beyond were petty and reprehensible, the elements abandoned him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Absolutely yes. Him turning back as a wise mighty warchief in time the horde needs to be strong will be bold move on his side. I want an adamant non villain character for the horde and Thrall is the best choice csuse now he is broken. He needs to be reforged.
    Never going to happen. Thrall is washed up. He got slapped around in SoO, tried to steal the kill from the player characters, got totally worked by a thrice injured Garrosh in Draenor before cheating and then being abandoned by the elements for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So.... Garrosh 2.0 - how creative.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda hard to raise ashes.
    Not really, just raise his spirit and shove it into another corpse. We can call him Death'jin. Just for pure irony shove him into the corpse of that elf that no one can remember the name of, Lorethon? Something Mar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Not really, just raise his spirit and shove it into another corpse. We can call him Death'jin. Just for pure irony shove him into the corpse of that elf that no one can remember the name of, Lorethon? Something Mar?
    Yeah that joke "worked" before MoP dude...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

They turned thrall first into a wise old man, who was actually still in his late 20s to early 30s and then in recent years they turned him into a weak pushover with no willpower or balls. They basically did a 180 on his strength of character and made him super sensitive, it's really quite disgusting and sickly to be honest.

As for him appearing a lot, he basically did nothing until Cataclysm where he had a few high profile support roles, and he's shown up briefly at the end of MOP with SOO, and again with WOD Horde start zone + Nagrand duel with Garrosh. If you compare to Khadgar in the last 2 expansions then Khadgar has had more screentime and story integration by quite a margin.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-08-09 at 03:10 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah that joke "worked" before MoP dude...
    Then Voljin became warchief and that elf was quickly forgotten once again. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of players out there believed Liadrin is the actual blood elf leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

I really want thrall to stay gone (prefer dead). So sick of green jesus it is unreal.

I am sad that Guldan is dead again already.
    Last edited by Skul; 2017-08-09 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I hope that somewhere in the world a son or daughter of Garrosh and Zeala is around and Thrall will die at his/her hand in the future.

Its the only thing atm Thrall is still good for, the revenge of the Hellscream family.
    Garrosh is dead, and he's not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Then Voljin became warchief and that elf was quickly forgotten once again. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of players out there believed Liadrin is the actual blood elf leader.
    He is still quite well fleshed out and considering blizz recent character developments it is quite fortunate they haven't touched him in a while.

Any orc is better than we have now

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    He's barely 30 years old and world is not getting any safer. It's just completely illogical for such major figure to "retire" at such young age when there is still a ton to be done.

Don't forget, Orcs are considered adults at 12-13, most orcs don't live past 75 (and considering 60 is a senior citizen as an orc) He's spent his entire life fighting, leading, and wrestling with Azeroth.

Damn man, give him a break.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesentinelblue View Post
    Don't forget, Orcs are considered adults at 12-13, most orcs don't live past 75 (and considering 60 is a senior citizen as an orc) He's spent his entire life fighting, leading, and wrestling with Azeroth.

Damn man, give him a break.
    this was before, now pretty much all orcs live more, like Saurfang, eitrigg and drek'tar( this have more than 100 i guess)

Thrall is suffering from crippling depression, is nothing about about age

Deleted
    You guys are all just a bunch of posing jump-on-the-bandwagon kind of haters. It's pathetic. Actually come up with a good argument on why he shouldn't return instead of just repeating eachother for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    She only cares about the undead, she could give 2 shits less about the rest of the horde races unless she needs them for something. Thrall would had sacrificed himself for any of the races, She would not, shit if she had to choose between herself or the UD I think she would even choose herself.
    ok... that still doesn't change the fact that horde has a warchief
    change can't wait.