Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Research has shown that effectively all the behavioral differences between men and women come from culture and education, not from biology.
    LMAO spit out my coffee

did you grow up in your basement isolated from all females? There are people oit there with that opinion or is this trolling?

Hormone differences alone should make it obvious that this is a big fat lie.

Sorry, mates. Women were always in tech.

The current theory is he did get fired on purpose so he could drive the alt Reich gravy train to cash. Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I want to specifically focus on the whole "Men's higher drive to status" part, through a video:

-SNIP-
    Jordan Frozen is Marxist, post modern radical feminist propaganda Peterson. kek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Of course Google tracked down the author and promptly fired him. So much for free speech and freedom of views. Diversity is not diversity when everyone has to sing from the same song sheet and individual thought is forbidden.
    Freedom of Speech does not apply here. You're not free to say whatever you want at your workplace and expect not to face consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    you are terribly naive if you think the same mainstream media that blatantly misrepresented his view is going to grant him an interview to explain what he really wrote in that memo.
    Clearly dissidents should be sent straight to the firing squad, we are in the process of changing human nature itself after all.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Sorry, mates. Women were always in tech.

The current theory is he did get fired on purpose so he could drive the alt Reich gravy train to cash. Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Jordan Frozen is Marxist, post modern radical feminist propaganda Peterson. kek.
    the ides is that women were driven away from tech after men realized how lucrative it was. almost like men value status and things!

Don't want people to think you're a sexist shit bag? Don't got on Stefan Molyneux's show right after.
    I don't even know who that is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Freedom of Speech does not apply here. You're not free to say whatever you want at your workplace and expect not to face consequences.
    I think you're discussing 2 different things. Of course a private company can do whatever they want. The criticism is Google says they are all about diversity and freethinkers, but acted out this way. They are totally in their rights to, and I don't think anyone should be penalized for pointing out the hypocrisy.

Should freedom of speech apply here? If you argue that it is up to the company, then should it be up to the company whether any civil rights apply in the workplace?

I don't think people are having a legalistic argument, they are arguing fundamental ethics. The legalistic issues here are far more complex, and involve other information like the fact that Damore filed an NLRB complaint against Google prior to the firing.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    rational™ people
    Fixed dat.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't even know who that is?
    First person to interview him. Youtuber and quite the virulent sexist. Also a cult leader.

First person to interview him. Youtuber and quite the virulent sexist. Also a cult leader.
    No clue who he is, but I'm certainly not going to take your word for it. No offense.

In a way, the guy was fired and seriously made a martyr for the very criticisms he made against google. I really feel, and agree with Ro9uge. Private businesses can and act upon how they wish. But when they fire him for criticizing them for their left-leaning preferences in the work force. It only enforces negative wrap against Google in the end. Whether or not you appreciate it, it shows the hypocrisy and only proves the critic, who wasn't even inflammatory against Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    In a way, the guy was fired and seriously made a martyr for the very criticisms he made against google. I really feel, and agree with Ro9uge. Private businesses can and act upon how they wish. But when they fire him for criticizing them for their left-leaning preferences in the work force. It only enforces negative wrap against Google in the end. Whether or not you appreciate it, it shows the hypocrisy and only proves the critic, who wasn't even inflammatory against Google.
    Google is fighting a lawsuit over discriminating against women and you literally have a guy who says women are incapable of certain tech jobs. They can't promote a guy like that.

No clue who he is, but I'm certainly not going to take your word for it. No offense.
    Here is biased, but very fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Google is fighting a lawsuit over discriminating against women and you literally have a guy who says women are incapable of certain tech jobs. They can't promote a guy like that.
    You are repeating the media spin, you aren't representing what he has actually said.

Also, he was interviewed by Jordan Peterson as well:

Not exactly where the hell you're getting that. You ought to cherry pick real nicely to get that interpretation when he says to select the people best suited for the job. Not the best gender for the job.

This is the BS of diversity in jobs that becomes so discriminatory, and the one thing that frustrates me about these times. That we have to place people's genitals over their talents, efforts, and determination to make the best of their skills.

He's a self-proclaimed philosopher on youtube. While I don't agree with all of what he says and some of his arguments are quite obviously flawed, he does invoke some deep thought and a lot of what he says makes sense.

very anti-political correctness and traditionalist

- - - Updated - - -

Where did he say they were incapable?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Where did he say they were incapable?
    They literally have no point to argue if they concede that they read the memo incorrectly, or are otherwise ascribing intent that was not there.

Ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Not exactly where the hell you're getting that. You ought to cherry pick real nicely to get that interpretation when he says to select the people best suited for the job. Not the best gender for the job.

This is the BS of diversity in jobs that becomes so discriminatory, and the one thing that frustrates me about these times. That we have to place people's genitals over their talents, efforts, and determination to make the best of their skills.
    Oh god stop, that's not true at all...

diversity is just good for business because diverse teams work better than non diverse ones as they're able to spot problems and come up with solutions to things that a homogenous group may not recognize. Every study on boards has shown that a more diverse board is more productive and it is precisely because of this reason.

You can be anti diverse all you want and just assume that people are hiring women to fill a slot and not because of their skills but that would just be stupid. as companies need to make money by not hiring a liability .

That is not carte blanche, you cannot just fire people over opinions. My boss cannot fire me just because I support a different football team to him. Well he can fire me, but I'd just sue him for unfair dismissal and I'd get reinstated and he would be fired.

James Damore got unfairly fired for his opinion. Google's grounds for termination are very weak and there are consequences for that decision as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    That is not carte blanche, you cannot just fire people over opinions. My boss cannot fire me just because I support a different football team to him. Well he can fire me, but I'd just sue him for unfair dismissal and I'd get reinstated and he would be fired.

James Damore got unfairly fired for his opinion. Google's grounds for termination are very weak and there are consequences for that decision as well.
    Random employees writing ten page sexist manifestos claiming biological differences make women unsuitable for certain tech fields points to... hmm a person contributing to a disruptive work place. Would you even want to put women to work along side with him when he holds those types of views?

I'm frankly sick of the right victim complex. They're like a kid sticking their hands in fire and getting mad at the fire... well stop doing stupid shit and maybe there wouldn't be an issue.

The question is actually pretty simple. Per American standards, California is essentially a fire-at-will state and moreover Google does not have an union.

Therefore, people can be fired from Google for no reason whatsoever. And the guy provided them a reason.