Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean, you couldn't even check the first few threads?

To be honest, I saw that link on Facebook & loaded in my tab from my desktop, didn't even see that post!

I don't get why people are so excited about this 'veil of shadows' thing. Too many say they like it, but it sounds like a bunch of crap. I can understand Kul Tiras and Nazjatar, but Dragon Isles are just out of the blue.

Dragon Isles were supposed to be a raid back in Vanilla, but got scrapped even before they managed to do any substantial art pass on it. It seems very unlikely that they will return to something that barely even heard of.

Funny thing about Dragon Isles though is that there is nothing in the existing art assets that resembles dragons or any connection with dragons. That is until you remove 'R' from dragons and then it becomes Dagon Isles, and in that case, giant squid looking monster with tentacles and giant shell on its back and strange temples suddenly start to make sense.

edit: another interesting bit that may add something to that theory is that textures assigned to the carcass of the giant squid looking thing are named 'js_wailing' 1 through 11. But they never has been painted, just flat colored placeholders. 'JS' probably stands for artist initials, but wailing part just makes it even more creepier.
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2017-08-10 at 09:35 AM.

I hope we have subraces

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I hope we have subraces

And then you post Vrykul.. which is just a race on its own. Realy have to keep explaining people what subraces mean. They are not goin with different models for every race. Subraces are built with same model in mind. Dwarf.. wild hammer.. brown orc.. see what I mean? Vrykul are like night elves to blood elves. Doesnt make any sense.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2017-08-10 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    And then you post Vrykul.. which is just a racr on its own. Realy have to keep explaining people what subraces mean..
    I guess it's about time they'll implement the race that humans are a subrace to.

Well, lets break down the Veil of Shadows leak:

Customizable skills through the Forge of Illumination (=Codex of Creation)?
    -> This makes sense, it's just the Netherlight Crucible evolved. WoW is in dire need of new class / spec progress systems and this could be it

New weapon types / Flails, pistols and spellbound weapons
    -> Artifact weapons had many different weapon types and I can totally see this happening (the question is if it's necessary though)

New combat animations
    -> They wanted to do this long ago and this is very likely

New class/weapon combos
    -> Why not? Makes sense with new weapon types (the question is if it's necessary)

WARSHIPS
    -> We had ships, we had garrisons / order halls, I don't see any problem why there couldn't be Warships in a maritime expansion - do we need them? Well, I don't know

New Race/Class combos:
    -> Pandaren Death Knights: strange but there is no reason why a Pandaren couldn't become a DK
    -> Human Shaman: don't see this happening
    -> Troll & Night Elf Paladins: Night Elf Paladin yes, Troll is very strange
    -> Draenei & Tauren Warlocks: Draenei Warlocks are a No Go, Tauren Warlocks... I'd say no to them as well
    -> Pandaren Druids: this is the most likely new race/class combo

Expanded character customization options including new textures, models, animations and voices
    -> Very likely to happen; if it's done good enough this could compensate if there's no new race

Dark Titan of the nascent Azeroth Titan
    -> Possible, Azeroth might be corrupted

-> This is 100% happening either with this expansion or another

Lady Jaina Proudmoore asks Horde & Alliance for help in her native home
    -> I doubt Jaina would call the Horde

Location: The Dragon Isles - controlled by the Infinite Dragonflight
    -> This is somehow out of the blue but a possible and plausible plot

-> If there will be Azshara there will be Nazjatar as well

Pillars of Creation
    -> The pillars will have a comeback in the next expansion

Queen Azshara
    -> We already know she will be part of the next expansion so this is 99,9% true

Magni Bronzebeard - he has been decieved
    -> This is also very likely to happen as well

Hakkar the Soulflayer
    -> Mhm, I don't know

Highkeeper Odyn and Ra
    -> Maybe...

The Infinite Dragonflight
    -> This is totally going to happen sooner or later and with the Chromie scenario and the "Dragons will be important at 112..." it's a plausible storyline of the next expansion

Jaina Proudmoore
    -> We'll see her by 100%

Vol'Jin
    -> Mhm, I don't know

Moira Darkiron
    -> How would she fit into the storyline?

Sylvanas & Alleria Windrunner
    -> This is going to happen sooner or later

Admiral Genn Greymane
    -> Admiral? Why?

Wrathion
    -> If there will be the Infinite Dragonflight there will be Wrathion

Most of the features and plots / stories are just connecting all the loose ends we have now. Most of it is very likely to happen sooner or later. The features look good and could carry an expansion but it really depends on how complex the Codex of Creation and the new customization will be. As much as many here dislike the "leak" it's by far the "most realistic" of all the leaks we've got (much more realistic than Naga race, Tinker class and underwater zones).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    I guess it's about time they'll implement the race that humans are a subrace to.
    Not all things were in my post. Read again.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

-> This makes sense, it's just the Netherlight Crucible evolved. WoW is in dire need of new class / spec progress systems and this could be it

-> Artifact weapons had many different weapon types and I can totally see this happening (the question is if it's necessary though)

New combat animations

New class/weapon combos
    -> Why not? Makes sense with new weapon types (the question is if it's necessary)

WARSHIPS
    -> We had ships, we had garrisons / order halls, I don't see any problem why there couldn't be Warships in a maritime expansion - do we need them? Well, I don't know

New Race/Class combos:
    -> Pandaren Death Knights: strange but there is no reason why a Pandaren couldn't become a DK
    -> Draenei & Tauren Warlocks: Draenei Warlocks are a No Go, Tauren Warlocks... I'd say no to them as well

Expanded character customization options including new textures, models, animations and voices
    -> Very likely to happen; if it's done good enough this could compensate if there's no new race

Pillars of Creation

Queen Azshara

Hakkar the Soulflayer
    -> Mhm, I don't know

Highkeeper Odyn and Ra
    -> Maybe...

-> This is totally going to happen sooner or later and with the Chromie scenario and the "Dragons will be important at 112..." it's a plausible storyline of the next expansion

Jaina Proudmoore
    -> We'll see her by 100%

Vol'Jin
    -> Mhm, I don't know

Moira Darkiron

Admiral Genn Greymane
    -> Admiral? Why?

Wrathion

Most of the features and plots / stories are just connecting all the loose ends we have now. Most of it is very likely to happen sooner or later. The features look good and could carry an expansion but it really depends on how complex the Codex of Creation and the new customization will be. As much as many here dislike the "leak" it's by far the "most realistic" of all the leaks we've got (much more realistic than Naga race, Tinker class and underwater zones).
    Total utter crap, I can't stand these fake expansion leaks for much longer.

Moira Darkiron? For Christ's sake, that's not even her name! It's Moira Thaurissan.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

why am I not surprised? How does that even remotely can be a plausible plot? We literally know nothing about this place other than it was supposed to be a raid long time ago and the existing art suggest old gods connection, but suddenly... Infinite Dragonflight? wtf?!!

but hey, I guess we have found original author of the 'veil of shadows' crap. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Total utter crap, I can't stand these fake expansion leaks for much longer.
    As I said, even when it's "utter crap" it's the "best" (=most realistic) leak yet.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I was thinking about that, but, doesn;t it work out perfectly to have Gamescom, do a big 7.3 patch overview for the masses, including the release fo the 7.3 trailer and have all the important people there for interviews and other media hype?

Doesn;t that make MORE sense than having a big next expansion reveal when you are 2 weeks out from a major release? Anything about 7.3 will get buried under the hype of the new expansion, and then 1 or 2 weeks later you have to release 7.3 and get the hype train for that going.

Like "Hey guys! Yeah, I know we said we are going to the South Seas to fight Azshara 2 weeks ago, but I'm here now to get you hyped about this patch we are releasing now that ends the current expansion. Guys? GUYS?"

I don't quite see it.

It makes far more sense to hype up 7.3 and get people interested in that and do the big reveal of the expansion at Blizzcon, where there's a vastly bigger audience and media attention for it.

I want it to be Gamescom, cause I'm dying of curiosity, but I'm pessimistic.
    I mean, if it's gonna be all about 7.3 at Gamescom, sure they could easily do it! But do they really have any interest in doing so? I don't think so. We already know so much about 7.3, it would basically be a big sum-up of the patch. They can announce the new expansion without killing the interest in the final patch, like they did for Cataclysm!

Fingers crossed, god I hope we don't have to wait until Blizzcon haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    My bet? The most disappointing one (veil of shadows)
    After WoD, I've just been pessimistic about expansion reveals, lol.
    Yeeeep, that's what I'm starting to feel as well! I have this same weird feeling in my stomach, the one I felt when WoD was leaked : "Naaaah, this can't be!"

EDIT: Just to be clear, not that it feels like this would make a terrible expansion (excited about revamped Azeroth zones and new customs for existing races), but something seems a bit off and yet believe at the same time haha!

Anyone else not look at the leaks because you're afraid of seeing a cool feature that you really want in the game... and most likely the leaks are fake so it won't happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Anyone else not look at the leaks because you're afraid of seeing a cool feature that you really want in the game... and most likely the leaks are fake so it won't happen?
    I've never seen a feature in those leaks I liked. Only locations.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Or he wont.

And murozonds fate is tied to end time. Hea done
    They still exists without him somehow. Infinite Dragonflight showed up in the Warcrimes book that was WAY after Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    They still exists without him somehow. Infinite Dragonflight showed up in the Warcrimes book that was WAY after Cata
    And they worked with Kairozdormu.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

New combat animations

New class/weapon combos

WARSHIPS

New Race/Class combos:

Pillars of Creation

Queen Azshara

Hakkar the Soulflayer
    -> Mhm, I don't know

Highkeeper Odyn and Ra
    -> Maybe...

Jaina Proudmoore
    -> We'll see her by 100%

Vol'Jin
    -> Mhm, I don't know

Moira Darkiron

Admiral Genn Greymane
    -> Admiral? Why?

Wrathion

So you decide to copy the link that was posted about the expansion pretty closely why exactly? Is there a reason?

I don't really care either way which leak is true/false, for me I will see what the expansion comes, but people reposting the same drivel over and over and over on why it's not or it could be true is just useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Awakening a worlds titan isn't going to be the end of the world. There is no information supporting that statement.
    Well, Chronicle describes the nascent Titans to have literal mountain ranges, hills, rivers ecc. on their skin. That quite obviously suggests that when Titans are ready to birth the planet itself morphs into the Titan's ultimate physical form. I don't think is a coincidence that the planet and the titan share the same name.

Also your statement about how strong he is just makes it even more unbelievable that we can just cage him like that.
    Not really. The power necessary may be immense but caging something that big and powerful with *magic* is not comparable to fighting a planet-sized individual with minuscle swords and spells. Deathwing was a challenge players could come around but he was also a firefly compared to Sargeras.

O matter how powerful something is, it has a power level. A power level that can be reached with enough power ups
    You're going a bit too heavy with the DBZ shit. Yes, there's a power scale but it's not all about that. We defeated Deathwing because we exploited his weaknesses, not because we were powered enough to defeat him in "fair" combat. Sargeras has simply no weaknesses mortals can exploit in order to be even the barest challenge for him.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, even when it's "utter crap" it's the "best" (=most realistic) leak yet.
    Which does nothing but confirm that leaks are an utter amount of horseshit altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I've been re-reading this Veil of Shadows leak, and the more I think about it, the more I think it could actually be a nice expansion, especially with an Azeroth revamp done in a smoother way than Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Black dragons exist after deathwing sometimes

That said Kairoz needed tons of thousands of epoch stones to do what was effortless previously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I've been re-reading this Veil of Shadows leak, and the more I think about it, the more I think it could actually be a nice expansion, especially with an Azeroth revamp done in a smoother way than Cataclysm.
    Zandalari in hinterlands sounds pretty awful though

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Zandalari in hinterlands sounds pretty awful though
    I haven't read that, maybe I missed part of the leak, do you have it?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw it, I had missed that line!