Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There are more important things than money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Good luck when you're old and no one loves you and you die alone in a swanky nursing home...
    Gather around like minded folks. I do not have any close friends that I see regularly who have children. Those who have the children are the ones who have no friends, and no social contact outside their families.

We childless folks though, we are having a blast!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    So the children of economically irresponsible people will be the future of your country.

Sounds like a great idea.
    But alternative is becoming someone who does not make economically responsible decision yourself, thus leading to exactly the same result.

...you cannot win in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If everyone thought that "there is always someone else to do the job" nothing would exist.
    That's literally not what I wrote.

It's not a "sound economic decision" in the long run. Who replaces you in the workforce when you retire?
    In the long run we need people to die off, we are overpopulated and already consume more than is available. And it's an excellent decision for personal economy and well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Gather around like minded folks. I do not have any close friends that I see regularly who have children. Those who have the children are the ones who have no friends, and no social contact outside their families.

We childless folks though, we are having a blast!
    I'm guessing you haven't been around many old people? When you can barely move and your mind is going and you need serious help... other like-minded old people aren't who you will need and want.

Hey, if you don't want kids. That's totally all right. You know you. But I'd warn against thinking that not having kids will open you up to some awesome worry-free life. I'd also suggest that you are potentially robbing the world of your progeny. Think about it: if you're parents never had you, you wouldn't now be having a child-free blast.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    If you can't afford to have kids, don't have kids.
    And then watch people nail you on a cross for "not being a responsible/productive member of society".

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    In the long run we need people to die off, we are overpopulated and already consume more than is available. And it's an excellent decision for personal economy and well-being.
    This is false. We are only overpopulated in cities. And we actually need to increase our birthrate (in the US at least), otherwise we are heading for economic collapse. What happens to a society that has LOTS of old people and fewer young people? Not good things. What happens when you have a majority of people drawing their income from the government (or from somewhere) in their old age and you have far fewer working and paying taxes to that government? What happens when you build a bunch of houses and then run out of people to live in them? Not good things. Any civilization that isn't growing is doomed eventually -- that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    Cloth diapers are a thing. Disposable plastic diapers are an optional luxury.
    I'm sure they are, but the guy I was responding to was obviously not talking about cloth diapers. Thank you for moving the goal post tho. Also never used the plastic ones, this isn't the 20th century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Well, it's a nice bonus for us foreveralones.

This is false. We are only overpopulated in cities. And we actually need to increase our birthrate (in the US at least), otherwise we are heading for economic collapse. What happens to a society that has LOTS of old people and fewer young people? Not good things. What happens when you have a majority of people drawing their income from the government (or from somewhere) in their old age and you have far fewer working and paying taxes to that government? What happens when you build a bunch of houses and then run out of people to live in them? Not good things. Any civilization that isn't growing is doomed eventually -- that's a fact.
    False. Any civilization with infinite growth is doomed, our resources are finite and are already being depleted.

https://www.sciencealert.com/we-just...s-for-the-year

Market capitalism will not work forever.

Think about it: if you're parents never had you, you wouldn't now be having a child-free blast.
    I never chose to be there to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not a "sound economic decision" in the long run. Who replaces you in the workforce when you retire?
    Why should I care about that? I'm not having kids.

If you are unable to understand that 0.0000000000000000000001>0 then continuing to argue with you is pointless.
    Wanna try betting with those odds of winning? I mean, it's better than no chance at all, right?

Robots.. it's already getting increasingly difficult for people to find jobs, especially ones with livable salaries.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Why would the state not want both?
    Science is international and there's enough of physics majors. Soldiers are volatile.
    Just look at the statistics, saying #notall is useless when you look at the statistics. 70%+ of dropouts come from single parent families (most single mother cause lets be real how many single dads are there), 70%+ of kids in juvenile detention are from a fatherless home
    It's irrelevant to the state. If giving money to parents for kids wasn't doing what it's supposed to do the state would STOP doing it.
    It doesn't take a genius to see that an unstable home environment is likely to produce an unstable person.
    Seeing is silly. It does take a genius to KNOW how it really is. People see things all the time. Doesn't make those things real or true.
    Unstable environment is also likely to produce a strong willed person who doesn't need a safe space at the campus.
    It's less to do with education but more to do with social values and that's what a lot of people lack when they grow up with a single mother who just pumps out babies looking for a government check every month.
    Social values change with time. Fuck them.

P.S. The atoms that constitute my body will continue existence in bodies of the first intergalactic travelers from planet Earth if they ever gonna make it to that stage of development. My atoms came from the stars and will go to the stars. And your descendants probably won't be among those travelers.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

You know that if you take care of yourself properly you can still function at 90 and even 100 years old, right? Failing that you can buy euthanasia if you become disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    If you can't afford to have kids, don't have kids.
    Having kids isn't something that should have an economic barrier of entry. It should be a basic human right just like an actual livable wage. It won't be long before only the poorer people are the only ones having children and the middle class does off. We'll be India in a few decades.

What? Getting children?
    Getting children and that someone on the nth generations manages to do something remarkable.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Having kids isn't something that should have an economic barrier of entry.
    The only barriers there are to having kids are the ones you set yourself. It's just a sound advice - don't breed if you can't feed the offspring.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side