Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Detect Fake Achievement Addon

Is there any addons out there that detects when someone links you a fake achievement?

I'd like an easy way to vet morons who try to link fake achievements when i'm inviting to heroic KJ. Id rather not always go to their armory to inspect them.

Not that I know of mate.

And yeah I feel you. I armory people. When I ask for Deceivers Fall I expect you to have it. Pre LFR specifically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask them how to handle the fireball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I forget the name of if but there's an addon that lets you open up someones armory as a quick link. This would allow you to check their achievements yourself. That's about the best you can hope for to my knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Ask them how to handle the fireball.
    I find this to be the best, quickest way. Quick question on a specific mechanic. Easy peasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Achievements are meaningless. Who's to say they didn't get it by faking their achievement the first time around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not that I know of mate.

And yeah I feel you. I armory people. When I ask for Deceivers Fall I expect you to have it. Pre LFR specifically.
    And how are people gonna get the achievement if no one takes them without it?

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    By making their own groups / guilds / going with PuGs that don't expect it (again from people who don't have it making their own groups). Same as always.

Simple they can go earn it elsewhere. I got my achi the same way. By finding a pug that would take me.

I want my 9/9 NMs done every week with efficiency not morons who can't soak Armageddon or do Maiden properly.

This argument is as old as achievements themselves. It's so old and annoying. Since achievements came out, I've never, never, never got a problem finding a group that didn't require the achievement. Never. And I'm as casual as you can get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is there any addons out there that detects when someone links you a fake achievement?

I'd like an easy way to vet morons who try to link fake achievements when i'm inviting to heroic KJ. Id rather not always go to their armory to inspect them.
    There isnt one, but honestly you're doing it wrong if you dont want to check armory. As someone whos killed it now over 20 times on 2 alts and led pugs about half of those, you need to check armory for 2 reasons. First, you need to make sure the achi is on the class they want to use and not some alt (you can be great on your main and average on the alt, you dont want to risk that). Second, at this point that the raid has been out for almost 2 months, you dont want someone with ONE kill, someone with one kill only probably sucks ass. You want someoneo with at least 3-4 kills to be safe, and thats something only armory can show.

You can just buy achievements, so yea.... its not very useful

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Achievements are meaningless. Who's to say they didn't get it by faking their achievement the first time around?
    No, they indicate that you actually killed the encounter.

If I request KJ AOTC, then they better damn well have the AOTC and not some fake achievement, or no invite. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You can just buy achievements, so yea.... its not very useful
    still weeds out the majority of players trying to get a carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I've been through too many runs carrying retards in +10 dungeons and in normal/heroic raids to think achievements don't tell at least a little bit about the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    No, they indicate that you actually killed the encounter.

If I request KJ AOTC, then they better damn well have the AOTC and not some fake achievement, or no invite. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

still weeds out the majority of players trying to get a carry.
    Not always a carry though, My guild couldn't kill HC Imp back in wod, So i fake achieve tanked it to the win...

damn it's been a while since i've been baited into opening a jaylock thread

You can use Armory/wowprogress/raider.io to check people out.

However, with the option of selling boosts for gold, it is a possibility even players with curve are not going to be a good addition to your team...

Which is why Warcraft logs is probably the most viable way to check people out.

Madness will consume you!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    LFGKicker???

Well when I got mine nobody in the group had it. Then poof we killed him and we all had it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."