Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

GoDaddy pulls the plug on Neo-Nazi site

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9f1985eee51b

While it may be the right thing to do given the circumstances, is it appropriate to shoo business away based on political stances? Is it in some extreme instances such as this one?

Should private companies remain neutral on cases like these? Especially considering how much power/control GoDaddy has over an enormous number of websites. Doesn't that open a precedent to censorship, or is this form of policing required in cases that warrant it?

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9f1985eee51b

While it may be the right thing to do given the circumstances, is it appropriate to shoo business away based on political stances? Is it in some extreme instances such as this one?

Should private companies remain neutral on cases like these? Especially considering how much power/control GoDaddy has over an enormous number of websites. Doesn't that open a precedent to censorship, or is this form of policing required in cases that warrant it?
    It is a slippery slope, no one is going to miss a site but one day what if it starts happening to political figures that internet providers don't agree with, or religion?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Private companies can do whatever the fuck they want and can deny service to who ever the fuck they want (assuming not against a protect class).

Doesn't that open a precedent to censorship
    This precedent has been set time and time again. No one is entitled to a platform for their views. Private companies have been silencing dissenting views long before this incident.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Companies spend billions of dollars every year to get what they want from Congress....and now you want them to stand on the sidelines and be neutral? Ha. HA. HA!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Private companies can do whatever the fuck they want
    Yay 'murica, where priorities are set straight. All hail the almighty money!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow awesome fully support this 100%
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Companies spend billions of dollars every year to get what they want from Congress....and now you want them to stand on the sidelines and be neutral? Ha. HA. HA!
    Uhh, I never took positions. You're labeling me with one. I asked questions that could come from both sides.

Tell your bias to keep calm, whatever it may be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This was a hosting service, not really an internet provider. They have every right to decide what they will and won't host on their servers. Now, if actual ISPs were blocking access to sites I'd have an issue with it.
    Not me I think all ISPs should have the right to say not with our service.

10+ Year Old Account
    And nobody but crying alt righters and concern troll "independents" will care. Buh bye

We are not quite yet in a point where hosting Nazi sites could be considered a good PR move.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Nazi's are well beyond the scope of "hey guys, calm down and be neutral," especially now that they're killing people again. There's that freedom of speech line about not shouting fire in a movie theater, and I'm pretty sure the 1st Amendment doesn't cover actually setting fire to the theater, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Try again, this makes 0 sense.
    Not to anyone supporting Nazis. Those that don't want anything to do with these terrorist I say ISPs or any business should be allowed to say no! Not with our service

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    And nobody but crying alt righters and concern troll "independents" will care. Buh bye
    Well you did go out of your way and post on this thread... Which one of the two are you, then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is more surprised by GoDaddy still being around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you did go out of your way and post on this thread... Which one of the two are you, then?
    grand wizard of the woke independents of course

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    grand wizard of the woke independents of course
    Got a robe and hat?

Good. Neo Nazis are not a protected class, they are a hate group. There is no censorship taking place here. Just a private company taking out the trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a robe and hat?
    Yep in fabulous neon green

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Private companies can do whatever the fuck they want and can deny service to who ever the fuck they want (assuming not against a protect class).
    Wait a minute, if the government establishes protected classes, isn't this just a way for the government to use back door rules to censor dissent? Your stance is irreconcilable with 'protected classes' existing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yep as an entity they have the right to say no. Fuck them they don't speak for any race they're terrorist
    Do you believe that protected classes should exist?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Do you believe that protected classes should exist?
    I believe your full of shit asking an irrelevant question I don't fucking think cancer should exist but it does therefore I believe research to try to end it should