Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Can we agree to not talk about the leaks? Just for 2 more weeks.
    If you dont wanna talk about them there is one SPOILER FREE thread over there

All I have to say about this episode: This series has become fairly fanservice-y. The memes were off the chart.

1) Meta joke about "still rowing"
    2) Meta joke about Kit Harrington's height.
    3) Jon bonding with Drogon and Dany being like "pls don't go" while shooting him eyes like whoa.

Even the doubts and changes of heart seen this season are ridiculous. Varys and Tyrion aren't the type to care about executing people who won't bend the knee who you just fought in battle. I guess you could make an argument there was a practice of holding Lords like Tarly prisoner, but he clearly didn't want it and Dany doesn't know that tradition.

Cersei suddenly accepting Tyrion being in KL without sending all the gold cloaks to prevent him from leaving? Seems weak to suggest she's seeing her position so well that she knows she has to be cunning to win. She's never been cunning, her omniscience this season is off-putting. Jaime flip-flopping is hilarious. I feel like he flipped twice just in that conversation with Cersei. "Betray me again," what, you crazy woman?

Even Tyrion thinking he could walk into KL and not have Bronn or Jaime instantly kill him is pretty hilarious.

Also, the LF drama seems overly played out. Narratively, Sansa being manipulated by him again just doesn't make sense, his character has pigeon-holed himself into one path, and that path is his inevitable end. The thought that his character thinks he can win her over, let alone marry her, is hilariously bad. It's just a plotline for Arya being dramatic.

Also, I see Jon has inherited the title of Sir Twenty Goodmen, going beyond the wall against what Brann describes as a horde of wights with like, 7 guys? Unless there's a lot more wildlings in that tunnel behind him, geez.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    All I have to say about this episode: This series has become fairly fanservice-y. The memes were off the chart.

1) Meta joke about "still rowing"
    2) Meta joke about Kit Harrington's height.
    3) Jon bonding with Drogon and Dany being like "pls don't go" while shooting him eyes like whoa.

Even the doubts and changes of heart seen this season are ridiculous. Varys and Tyrion aren't the type to care about executing people who won't bend the knee who you just fought in battle. I guess you could make an argument there was a practice of holding Lords like Tarly prisoner, but he clearly didn't want it and Dany doesn't know that tradition.

Cersei suddenly accepting Tyrion being in KL without sending all the gold cloaks to prevent him from leaving? Seems weak to suggest she's seeing her position so well that she knows she has to be cunning to win. She's never been cunning, her omniscience this season is off-putting. Jaime flip-flopping is hilarious. I feel like he flipped twice just in that conversation with Cersei. "Betray me again," what, you crazy woman?

Even Tyrion thinking he could walk into KL and not have Bronn or Jaime instantly kill him is pretty hilarious.

Also, the LF drama seems overly played out. Narratively, Sansa being manipulated by him again just doesn't make sense, his character has pigeon-holed himself into one path, and that path is his inevitable end. The thought that his character thinks he can win her over, let alone marry her, is hilariously bad. It's just a plotline for Arya being dramatic.

Also, I see Jon has inherited the title of Sir Twenty Goodmen, going beyond the wall against what Brann describes as a horde of wights with like, 7 guys? Unless there's a lot more wildlings in that tunnel behind him, geez.
    Rowing ill give you

Its not a meta joke, its a call back to robert and ned calling each other fat, not everything is a meme.

Jon is bonsding with Drogon because he is a Targaryen, are you paying attention at all? Duh Dany doesn't want him to go hes the most eligible bachelor on the content and is actually a nice gut who is actually bonding with her dragons.

Dany ignored their counsel to siege out Kl attacking the loot train instead, Tyrion and Varys typically prefer not to kill people when they can, on top of that she burns them, granted death by dragon fire is probably quicker and less painless then by beheading(beheaded rats remain conscious 4 seconds after the beheading) it may remind people of the mad king.

Trying to be cunning an actually succeeding at it are two different things. Jamie flip flops a lot with Cersei, its apart of their toxic abusive relationship.

Bronn has no reason to kill him, he set up the meeting. He also made sure Jamie only had a practice sword with him at the time, he was also probably in the area. Jamie just got smashed, Tyrion probably figured he would be willing to talk.

Sansa isn't being manipulated, Arya is.

Jon wants to capture one and put it in a box, not fight them, granted not the brightest idea, suicidal really, but he has got to get Dany to help him some how, almost getting his ass killed works.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-08-14 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    They scream just as it hit them, then they fall to ash. Drogon has different levels of flame, that one group of men he hits after he fly's along the river were instantly turned to ash.

One moment of pain is better than 4 second of it as a disembodied head.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXGBZ1s5k9Q

They struggle for longer than 4 seconds while on fire before they turn to ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXGBZ1s5k9Q

They struggle for longer than 4 seconds while on fire before they turn to ashes.
    The fire hits them at 11:14 and they start disintegrating at 11:18 fully disintegrating at 11:20 still 4 seconds of pain either way. And giving how much biger and complex human heads are we could remain conscious longer than a mouse anyway

Sansa isn't being manipulated, Arya is.
    Arya with her magical "no man" powers knows she's being manipulated and she'll do horrible things to Little Finger who is manipulating everyone he comes in contact with. Arya wanted Little Finger to see her leave his room for example.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I tried so hard to think of some logical reason that Jaime and Bronn didn't get captured by Dany's Dothraki... did they grow gills and stay underwater for a week?

10+ Year Old Account
    The fire hits them at 11:14 and they start disintegrating at 11:18 fully disintegrating at 11:20 still 4 seconds of pain either way. And giving how much biger and complex human heads are we could remain conscious longer than a mouse anyway
    The clip I linked is only 6 minutes long. The fire hits them at 5:27 and they turn to ash at 5:33

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The clip I linked is only 6 minutes long. The fire hits them at 5:27 and they turn to ash at 5:33
    Im talking about the time stamps for the actual episode. Go watch it. They stop moving and start blowing away after 4 seconds(die), then are fully gone after another 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    I tried so hard to think of some logical reason that Jaime and Bronn didn't get captured by Dany's Dothraki... did they grow gills and stay underwater for a week?
    I think the idea is they sunk and swam over to the shore and that Dany's Dothraki had no idea who they were so didn't feel any need to look for them. They prob assumed he was just some ordinary knight not even being familiar with Westeros. Plus the power of plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    Don't think about it too hard. Its like the people complaining about how the water was shallow then deep all of a sudden.

Point was, Jamie charges Dany, Dragon breathes fire at Jamie, Bronn saves Jamie, Jamie and Bronn swim to the end of the lake and escape. No great mystery to be solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I really do want to think this. I mean, you MUST assume that a Faceless Man has greater stealth, guile, deception and so on than Arya displayed in that sequence. Right?
    That's what i mentioned. All that training made her good enough to hold her own agaisn't Brienne, but apparently Littlefinger outplayed her in the sneaky game..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    That's what i mentioned. All that training made her good enough to hold her own agaisn't Brienne, but apparently Littlefinger outplayed her in the sneaky game..
    Unless Arya wants to be seen and make Littlefinger think he's one step ahead while Arya is actually already 3 steps ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and the "sneaky game" was portrayed as being of even greater importance in the Faceless Men training than the martial element. Hell, that was the entire point of the "No One" stuff over and over and over. Knowing how to blend in, go undetected, and so on even without the Faces.

So yeah, part of me just has to believe that the writing isn't SO bad that somehow she was so blatant and visible while shadowing Littlefinger and now he's totally playing her.
    Oh my god, oh my god!!! Littlefinger is a faceless man!

LF beat her with his mind, hes been playing the sneaky game since before Arya was born, Arya's fighting skill comes from Syrio too, not just and the faceless men, she left before she was fully trained with the Fm, she hadn't even move up from sticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah!

Nah, I'm just going to assume that Arya was all, "Oh, I'm totally sneaking around, hehe!" and wanted him to notice her. Anything else would be just astoundingly bad writing at this point.
    It's one stumble after another. Guess the whole Arya & Brienne thing was mere fan service.

On the other hand, let's have all them videos and whatnot come out explaining why Arya skipped on her Sneaking class, like people did last week justifying why she's Zorro

- - - Updated - - -

LF beat her with his mind, hes been playing the sneaky game since before Arya was born, Arya's fighting skill comes from Syrio too, not just and the faceless men, she left before she was fully trained with the Fm, she hadn't even move up from sticks.
    Oh please.... this "she was also training with Syrio" argument is one of hell of a stretch.

How did he beat her with his mind? The only thing that suggests something is Littlefinger looking back to that corner thinking someone was watching him, and apparently his suspicion instantly turns towards Arya...? Why...? She hasn't done anything to cause him to suspect of her spying on him. Unless of course Littlefinger has his own versions of little birds inside (literally) the walls of Winterfell.

Its not a mta joke, its a cll back ot robert and ned calling eachother fat, not everything is a meme.
    Except Sean Bean is like 5'10" and Ned isn't known for being tall. To specifically make it about his height is a nod to the memes about Kit Harrington, the actor.

And obviously I know Jon is a Targaryen, I've known that since the early 2000s when I first read the books. But it was set up as a fanservicey moment where the music swells and Jon pets him and Drogon doesn't bite his head off and Dany looks on approvingly. It would have been more interesting if Drogon suddenly felt protective of Jon in a battle, and took a risk to the point of saving him, maybe even disregarding what Dany says.

It's one stumble after another. Guess the whole Arya & Brienne thing was mere fan service.

On the other hand, let's have all them videos and whatnot come out explaining why Arya skipped on her Sneaking class, like people did last week justifying why she's Zorro

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please.... this "she was also training with Syrio" argument is one of hell of a stretch.

How did he beat her with his mind? The only thing that suggests something is Littlefinger looking back to that corner thinking someone was watching him, and apparently his suspicion instantly turns towards Arya...? Why...? She hasn't done anything to cause him to suspect of her spying on him. Unless of course Littlefinger has his own versions of little birds inside (literally) the walls of Winterfell.
    Syrio was one of the greatest fighters in all of Essos, and she trained with him for months, and practiced his teachings after he died. Most of her fighting style is his water dancing, again the only real combat training she did with the Fm was staff combat.

Rember Bran parroting the Chaos is a ladder line, and then Lf seeing Arya with the dagger he gave bran he knows Arya and bran talked and can assume Sansa and Arya talked, meaning Arya knows he is dangerous, and he knows arya probably recognizes him from harrenhall and visa versa. He nkows arya is a trained and agile fighter who has been let on to his antics, and considering she has nothing better to do, he can rightly assume she is going to follow him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Except Sean Bean is like 5'10" and Ned isn't known for being tall. To specifically make it about his height is a nod to the memes about Kit Harrington, the actor.

And obviously I know Jon is a Targaryen, I've known that since the early 2000s when I first read the books. But it was set up as a fanservicey moment where the music swells and Jon pets him and Drogon doesn't bite his head off and Dany looks on approvingly. It would have been more interesting if Drogon suddenly felt protective of Jon in a battle, and took a risk to the point of saving him, maybe even disregarding what Dany says.
    Kit is 5'8" hes not that short, Jon specifically mention Gendry being slim compared to robert being fatso gendry says he's shorter than ned, which he is, its a refrence to their dad's lines.

How is your scenario anymore or less fan fan service than what was in the show, its not fan service, its runnig with the established cannon.

Fan service would be Rhaegal hearing Drogon roaring at Jon coming over to defend him with both dany and Jon going wtf.

They scream just as it hit them, then they fall to ash. Drogon has different levels of flame, that one group of men he hits after he fly's along the river were instantly turned to ash.

One moment of pain is better than 4 second of it as a disembodied head.
    Nope, they ran before falling dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxbi2YsIVII 430 time stamp. even at 611 when you said flying along the river you can see one of the men ''walking" away while burning.
    Last edited by xuros; 2017-08-14 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Nope, they ran before falling dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxbi2YsIVII 430 time stamp
    they didn't run, they turned around, stopped moving and started to disintegrate in 4 seconds fully disintegrated 2 seconds later.