Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'm not sure that guy is serious but WoW is definately still Blizzards flagship. Even if it doesnt make the money it used to.

The content patches alone in this expansion so far just outright disproves anything he wrote.

Edit:

Also if the big thing at Gamescon is Overwatch related i'm gonna throw a ragefit
    Overwatch is Blizz's flagship. End of discussion. And their other games cost a minuscule amount of the time and resources that developing an mmo does. I'd be willing to bet WoW is perhaps Blizzard's least profitable game right now. An mmo is massively expensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Overwatch is Blizz's flagship. End of discussion. And their other games cost a minuscule amount of the time and resources that developing an mmo does. I'd be willing to bet WoW is perhaps Blizzard's least profitable game right now. An mmo is massively expensive.
    I'm gonna straight up laugh in your face if you think the Overwatch team is half the size the wow team is. WoW is Blizzards flagship. The entire warcraft universe in fact.

Overwatch is up right now, its gonna be that way for a while, then tis gonna die down again. Its a mayfly

I agree, Overwatch most likely threw WoW off its throne. It's incredible how successful that game is.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna straight up laugh in your face if you think the Overwatch team is half the size the wow team is.

This shit is commical
    And what has team size to do with it? It's easier to develop Overwatch content, so it's more efficient as well.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I agree, Overwatch most likely threw WoW off its throne. It's incredible how successful that game is.

- - - Updated - - -

And what has team size to do with it? It's easier to develop Overwatch content, so it's more efficient as well.
    Team size actually says a lot about whos the flagship.

Overwatch is a relatively small game compared to wow. Its not in the flagship category.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    This is a lot of presumption with no data to back it up. We can discuss how everyone "feels" about Blizzard's possible outlook regarding their current games, or we can discuss things that we know and the implications behind them.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends. Blizzard is investing in Overwatch for the long haul. The creation of Overwatch League shows that; this is the most legitimized attempt at making an esport mirror a real sport. They wouldn't do this if they thought Overwatch is a flash in the pan.

That doesn't change the fact that they could still be putting work into two games. Overwatch may have the wider audience appeal, but anyone who thinks Blizzard has given up on WoW might not have been paying attention for the past year.

Legion is turning out content at a steadier rate than ever before and has managed to maintain it for the length of the expansion thus far. There's no current indication that rate is going to decline in the near future.

Regardless of which game is their "flagship", Blizzard seems to have big plans and long term plans for both.
    Looking at how well blizzard has handled esports in the past, i'm thinking it might be the actual downfall for Overwatch

Deleted
    Which one is the flagship is irrelevant though so long as they continue to actively create content for both.
    I'm not the one who brought it up, i'm just responding to it.

Team size actually says a lot about whos the flagship.

Overwatch is a relatively small game compared to wow. Its not in the flagship category.
    What? Overwatch has three times the playerbase of WoW. For sure Overwatch is in the flagship category. And when a game is easier to develop you don't need a team that's as huge as the WoW team which needs to put so much more work into creating new content.

- - - Updated - - -

It could work either way, so we can't dismiss either one as being ridiculous. Same as how we can't dismiss leaks based solely upon story likelihood.
    I agree on this I just said that having Vrykul as a new race when we get subraces at the same time is a bit weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    And we know WoW will get content until it's to dead to be worth keeping the servers on. Isn't the original EQ still around?
    isn't that like on it's 14th expansion, jeez WoW has a long way to go! xD

Just had a quick look it's actually 23 expansions, Holy smokes!
    Last edited by DRenziboy; 2017-08-15 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagingtaco43 View Post
    Has anybody discussed that supposedly leaked picture of Magni Bronzebeard (the dwarf diamond king) where he is holding the hammer of Khaz'Goroth and a bunch of text explaining he has gone mad with power? I usually don't believe in that stuff but it looked very similar to the WoW page they made for Legion describing the main protagonists and antagonists of the expansion. Was it proven to be a fake and could anybody spot any obvious photoshop errors? It looks like its related to the Veil of Shadows leak but that leak seemed like complete fan fiction BS. (image in question)IMG
    Not 100% certain but Im pretty sure its just a well done fake. Theres some grammatical errors/oddly placed commas

Danath is a random NPC in the Alliance INN in Dalaran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Deleted
    What? Overwatch has three times the playerbase of WoW. For sure Overwatch is in the flagship category. And when a game is easier to develop you don't need a team that's as huge as the WoW team which needs to put so much more work into creating new content.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree on this I just said that having Vrykul as a new race when we get subraces at the same time is a bit weird.
    1. Where are you getting this info from?
    2. I didnt say anything about playerbase

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    1. overwatch sold well over 50 million copies in it's first year if you said that a third of the people that bought the game are actively playing it would still be about three times wow's playerbase

2. team size is not everything, flagship titles have many different ways of showing they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DRenziboy View Post
    1. overwatch sold well over 50 million copies in it's first year if you said that a third of the people that bought the game are actively playing it would still be about three times wow's playerbase

2. team size is not everything, flagship titles have many different ways of showing they are.
    1. I'm not talking about imaginable numbers here. He stated as a fact that overwatch has over 2x the players of wow. The reason why i am taking this up is that i've had a discussion with that guy before about stating his opinions as numerical facts.

2. Thats my point. If you dont meassure on one condition alone, being the imagined subs that overwatch has(subs is a wrong word in this context) then wow is clearly the flagship

https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/28/15...ase-30-million

"Overwatch surpasses 30 million players" - Overwatch was released May 2016. One year later it has sold over 30 million copies. Right now we're most likely heading towards 32 million if not even more. The game is incredibly successful.

In 2017 alone the game rose from ~ 25 to 30 million games sold (ergo 5 million new players).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not talking about imaginable numbers here. He stated as a fact that overwatch has over 2x the players of wow. The reason why i am taking this up is that i've had a discussion with that guy before about stating his opinions as numerical facts.
    See above.

"Overwatch surpasses 30 million players" - Overwatch was released May 2016. One year later it has sold over 30 million copies. Right now we're most likely heading towards 32 million if not even more. The game is incredibly successful.

In 2017 alone the game rose from ~ 25 to 30 million games sold (ergo 5 million new players).

- - - Updated - - -

See above.
    Note it says 'registered players'. So the number of active players will be less. How much less, we don't know.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

See above.
    Yeah... and.... you think that means 30 million people play overwatch?

Is what you linked somehow tied to convincing me you are right? or are you trying to say "sorry i was wrong"?

Edit:

See my point about stating opinions as facts again

Yeah... and.... you think that means 30 million people play overwatch?

Is what you linked somehow tied to convincing me you are right? or are you trying to say "sorry i was wrong"?
    No I'm not because it's obvious. Overwatch sold 5 million copies in 2017. In 6 months of 2016 it sold 25 million copies. And you think Legion with - at best - 10 million copies comes close?

You think all the players that bought Legion are playing it anymore? I mean come on, just a little bit of logic. Legion sold 1/3 of Overwatch at best, why should the Overwatch drop in active players be bigger than the Legion drop?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Note it says 'registered players'. So the number of active players will be less. How much less, we don't know.
    It will be less, yes. But still much more than WoW has active subs.

Deleted
    No I'm not because it's obvious. Overwatch sold 5 million copies in 2017. In 6 months of 2016 it sold 25 million copies. And you think Legion with - at best - 10 million copies comes close?

You think all the players that bought Legion are playing it anymore? I mean come on, just a little bit of logic. Legion sold 1/3 of Overwatch at best, why should the Overwatch drop in active players be bigger than the Legion drop?

- - - Updated - - -

It will be less, yes. But still much more than WoW has active subs.
    No... its not obvious. At all. Overwatch sold a lot of copies on it being a new game and a blizzard game. I''m sure a lot of people are actively playing it. But you have absolutely no idea about how many are playing it or how many are playing wow.

This is why i didnt get into player numbers because we have no reliable info.

This is why you should stop intepreting things and presenting them as facts every single you type a new response on this forum

I think we can say that both WoW and OW are important to Blizzard's present, and their future. But I also feel like I was waiting for Overwatch for about 10 years when it was first announced. Having an FPS with an active player base on the PC that isn't CS:GO or TF2 has been a godsend to me (I can find matches at 3am pacific time in the US, do you know how impossible that is in like every other FPS on the PC?). OW has legs. OW has counter-strike level legs and Blizz is very clearly planning for that kind of longevity.

But WoW is still really popular and obviously profitable enough that they're pumping out content like its going out of style. As an MMO player and a PC FPS player and a Blizzard fan, I'm in a very happy place this year.

No... its not obvious. At all. Overwatch sold a lot of copies on it being a new game and a blizzard game. I''m sure a lot of people are actively playing it. But you have absolutely no idea about how many are playing it or how many are playing wow.

This is why i didnt get into player numbers because we have no reliable info.

This is why you should stop intepreting things and presenting them as facts every single you type a new response on this forum
    More people are playing Overwatch than WoW.

If you can't comprehend with a little bit of logic it's not my fault.

Overwatch grossed over $1 billion within a year (https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/04/w...ing-franchise/). You think WoW made $1 billion since the Legion launch? Come on. Sure WoW easily surpasses Overwatch when we compare the entire WoW franchise to Overwatch (12 years vs. 1 year) but Overwatch easily outperforms WoW when it comes to $$$ at the moment.

Overwatch is the eighth Activision Blizzard game to generate $1 billion in revenue, according to the publisher’s fiscal Q1 2017 financial statement. And the company says it is the fastest-growing franchise ever from developer Blizzard. It now has 30 million registered players, and a significant number of those play on an active monthly basis. Overwatch’s success has also contributed to 80 percent of Activision Blizzard’s revenues coming from digital channels. That’s $1.386 billion of the publisher’s $1.726 billion total net revenues last quarter.

In a statement, Activision Blizzard chief executive officer Bobby Kotick specifically credited Overwatch as one of the primary contributors to the company’s strong results. The company’s in-game content sales jumped 25 percent year-over-year, and that is largely due to people spending money on loot boxes for Overwatch.