Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They should have gotten permit first, but...

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Why are you defending slavery now?

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Because it offends you?

I'm not lol I'm letting you know that not all forms are equal. There are worse kinds. Saying murder isn't worse than assault doesn't mean I'm defending assault. Or do you think it means that?

Aww, he is angry. It's okay, the evil founding fathers and their slaves aren't going to get you. No need to want them erased to make you feel safe.
    Sorry, not mad. And if I was mad, it would be at stupid people that know nothing of what they talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Have to disagree. It's not a memorial to those who lost their lives. It's literally dedicated to the confederate states of America. It serves no purpose other than to glorify the confederacy
    And what is the problem with that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Sorry, not mad. And if I was mad, it would be at stupid people that know nothing of what they talk about.
    I don't know, you are swearing and using caps lock.

Again, I want to prevent people like you destroying monuments so your next target isn't the founding fathers or similar figures.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    An arbitrary cutoff. If slavery is reprehensible, then it is so regardless of who partakes in it or why. The more caveats tied to a stance, the flimsier it is.
    Arbitrary? The civil war was arbitrary, nazi sympathizer? And you're saying slavery isn't reprehensible, nazi sympathizer?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    And what is the problem with that?
    It hurts their feelings. And we live in a culture now that must protect feelings at any cost, including destroying history.

I think it's a good thing we are tearing down these monuments to historic Democrats who started a civil war by leaving the union.

I think the Democrats tearing them down should admit who these people were though.

Robert E. Lee owned slaves. You REALLY need to read truth instead of the white washed history that you apparently have.
    You REALLY need to read my post. I said when it came to the troops very few owned slaves or had a vested interest in it. As for lee he really was not for secession but fought for his home as he could not stand to bare arms against it. He also went on to really try and bring about reconciliation after the war. That said i am in different if people want statues of him removed as he was a commander so bares more responsibility.

7+ Year Old Account
    It hurts their feelings. And we live in a culture now that must protect feelings at any cost, including destroying history.
    Seems like you're the one with hurt feelings, nazi sympathizer. Your feelings are hurt because some people tore down a statue, nazi sympathizer.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-08-15 at 05:14 PM.

Jesus fucking christ, where did you fly in from? Bizarro world? BLM and Antifa didn't do anything to deserve a terrorist attack. Also George Soros wasn't a part of this. These aren't patriots, patriots fight for everyone, not just their ancient history that they lost.
    Guess that depends on your point of view. Since the universal definition of terrorism includes intimidation, it's hard to reasonably argue that they haven't consistently participated in terrorist behavior.

Is this moment in history the most angry Democrats have ever been, aside from when Republicans took their slaves away?

Deleted

On a serious note, go the official way if you want to remove public stuff. Everyone is on edge right now, but statue standing there, smashed or not, it won't bring that woman back.

Deleted
    It confuses me the logic some use. Folks like this insult me, but I am not the one kicking and punching a statue or wanting to tear down history so...
    The comparison just does not make sense. Those two things are by no means comparable - unless someone wants to tell me that they, for example, have to pass the monument in order to see their family, but seeing it would offend them so much that they would literally die when trying to get around. And even that would still not be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    Fox News? Really now? So what? it's Fox News they don't advocate for the whole right and certainly not I, but I'm also going to guess you think breibart represents all right people too? That would be like me like saying Huffington post or jacobin represents the whole left I'm sure you have disagreements with them.
    I said nothing of the sort, Fox news is not considered far right like breitbart or infowars it repeats mainstream right wing dogma.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Is this moment in history the most angry Democrats have ever been, aside from when Republicans took their slaves away?
    Trump in general has unhinged the left wing in this country. Doesn't help MSN is just stoking the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    This line is funny for several reasons and equally on point.

They started the violence and then committed a terrorist attack.
    Quite a claim. The first half of which is unknown, and the second half a falsehood.

Unless there exists hard evidence of which side threw the first stone/fist, one cannot make a claim regarding such.

As well, "they" did not commit a terrorist attack. One man did.

There is a wellspring of ways to criticize and condemn Nazis, KKK, and White Supremacists. One need not use lies to do so. These groups are most assuredly hatemongers, as you said.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoXThCb8EZA

Im so god damn tired of these BLM ANTIFA cucks, George SOROS is creating these situations, he wants a civil war, and these ANTIFA and BLM cucks stand no chance against patriots. Its really sad these brainwashed people are allowing themselves to be pushed into a fight with men and women that will absolutely destroy them, patience is running out, keep poking the sleeping giant. When the patriots fight back, remember you cucks asked for it.
    Ah yes, George Soros, the boogeyman of the conservative moron. With his magical liberal powers he spreads progress and kills the whitey!! Seriously though, were you born this stupid or did you have to really work for it?
    "Small Government!" the GOP screams.
    Municipalities pass municipal legislation
    "No, not THAT SMALL!" the GOP screams, louder this time.