Page 27 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Aaaaaaand there we have it. Violent racists, white supremacists, and nazis committing violence are the media and the "left's" fault.

Such a pathetic thought process.
    I'm sorry that reality doesn't fit the narrative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Any time now man. Maybe after the republican super majority of 2018.
    What the hell as that to do with I wrote?

Ah, wait, you are trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Is this post sarcasm, or so detached from reality that he lives in unicorn land? I can't tell.
    We're seeing the same events, just interpreting them differently. Scott Adams likens it to two people sitting together in the cinema, watching the same screen, yet seeing different movies.
    Still not tired of winning.

Yelling, pleading, gesturing, talking at a guy wearing a uniform and carrying a flag that is widely associated with racism, while he carries a rifle on his back rolls is somehow a bad look for the "left"? You know what would have been an actual bad look? If they assaulted him, or ya know, killed him with a car.

Why are you so fundamentally bad at supporting your arguments with anything but nonsense that requires you to bend yourself into a pretzel?

Not a good look, bro.
    Telling someone to "go Home" just imagine if that was right on left. CNN would cut out commercials for that kind of coverage.

15+ Year Old Account
    I take it you believe that the people who were looting houses, doing drive-bys in KKK vans, and cars running over crowds of people were just lefties trying to make the alt-right look bad?

Hell, you probably believe that Soros funded it all. Those evil Jews, they need to be stopped at all costs!

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    On one end, if people feel that they can hurt those on the opposing side with no repercussions, they will escalate the violence
    Which is exactly what the right-wingers have done, once again killing innocent US citizens after being emboldened by the racists currently haunting the oval office.

Just as a side note, both of my grandfathers served in WWII and they are disgusted by nazi apologists and moral relativists like you. Congratulations on somehow finding a new low, I honestly didn't think that was possible.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

The actual narrative is factual information. Your narrative is defending nazis and white supremacy.

You should be sorry about being sympathetic to racists and nazis. Somehow it's unsurprising that you're cool with it.

Don't apologize for who and what you are bro. Embrace it, stop playing make believe.

Telling someone to "go Home" just imagine if that was right on left. CNN would cut out commercials for that kind of coverage.
    How dare they tell a racist to go home and that they don't want him in their community!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    How is that going to help, they have the majority and can't pass jack shit.

You want the government to be even more useless?
    Well i can't argue with you there, congress sucks.

Just imagine if you could support your arguments with anything but fabricated nonsense and self victimization paranoia.

Imagine where you could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How dare they tell a racist to go home and that they don't want him in their community!
    Ah yes because confederate flags are now racist.

Deleted
    Well i can't argue with you there, congress sucks.
    And you want a Republican super majority of 2018 when you hate the Republicans also? You were just caught there.

Yes, yes they are. They are a symbol of slavery.

Nope, of course not. They're just the preferred symbol of racists.

Maybe they just think it's purdy...

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I think you have some very valid points, but i got to be honest, i might be a bad discussion partner as my knowledge about the US is limited, though these past days i learned a lot about you (E Pluribus Unum for example).

I cannot even tell you how it should be handled, my own government takes the stance to take a bit of liberty away to preserve the freedom in itself, but i can see why this leads to problems, and there are some. All i can say more or less for certain is that the american civil society still has some things they need to talk about. This will take its time, but if both sides are interested in creating a brighter future it can happen, though violence of either side wont help.

As a sidenote, to some of the hostility, just to make this clear why some people (myself included) are somewhat aggravated on this whole issue: You have a terror attack by Nazis, and we have a lot of posters here that are blatantly defending them, even going so far as calling all of this a jewish conspiracy to smear the great alt-right.

I do appreciate the fact you want to discuss the greater underlying problems, and lets be clear, this is the only way to handle this in the long term, but if you hook up in the middle of a conversation with a nazi-apologist, your valid point might be mistaken for something it isn't.

It's a bit like when a terrorist attack happens, you can sure bet there are some crazy left claiming: "But the west is equally terrible". That is stupid and terror-apologism. Some of the posters here are doing exactly that. What i think is a valid point in that case (and translated what you're doing here) is to accept the terror attack as what it is, but talk about why we came to this point, which is reasonable.

The problem, to me, with limiting some forms of free speech is that you run into subjective issues of what is considered illegal. Who gets to make the determination? Can it be used to stifle valid criticisms? Can those laws be used to oppress one group over another?

Those are real slippery slopes there. I'd rather err on the side of caution and give full rights to everyone as opposed to limiting rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    A flag never used by the Confederacy, but it does resemble one that was, so, yay?

Just imagine if you could support your arguments with anything but fabricated nonsense and self victimization paranoia.
    Sounds like an argument for every leftist group in history.

The majority of the people waving them around are racist, yes. I mean, if you want to perpetuate a treasonous cause based on slavery... be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Which is exactly what the right-wingers have done, once again killing innocent US citizens after being emboldened by the racists currently haunting the oval office.

Just as a side note, both of my grandfathers served in WWII and they are disgusted by nazi apologists and moral relativists like you. Congratulations on somehow finding a new low, I honestly didn't think that was possible.
    Why don't you go ahead and hold your breath and wait for me to give a shit about your opinion of me.

Well that pressure-induced condemnation of Nazis lasted about five seconds.

In case anyone is still clinging to any shreds of delusions about Trump, he retweeted a guy calling him a fascist this morning.

https://twitter.com/MikeHolden42/sta...e-supremacists
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.