View Poll Results: Anime. What's your opinion on it?

Voters
376. This poll is closed
  • I love it, great story telling in a compelling way.

120 31.91%
  • It's fucking awful give me the old school cartoons

56 14.89%
  • Not my cup of tea but it's alright

30 7.98%
  • I like some of it, but much of it is fucking weird

100 26.60%
  • I now wanna move to Japan

9 2.39%
  • I like old school Anime not New

13 3.46%
  • Other (Comment Below)

48 12.77%
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    thats like asking "whats your opinion on movies?" obviously theres good ones and bad ones
    not really.. Anime has a certain style to it. let's say you don't like the art style. that doesn't mean you'll hate every movie you see after you saw an anime movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    not really.. Anime has a certain style to it. let's say you don't like the art style. that doesn't mean you'll hate every movie you see after you saw an anime movie.
    Art style is drastically different depending on who's animating it, and that would be like saying "Oh, a majority of movies are live action, so I don't like any of them". It's still really the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Art style is drastically different depending on who's animating it, and that would be like saying "Oh, a majority of movies are live action, so I don't like any of them". It's still really the same.
    it still looks pretty much the same to a novice. so not really that comparable.. you won't mistake a black an white movie,a cartoon or a cgi fest movie for the same thing.

it still looks pretty much the same to a novice. so not really that comparable.. you won't mistake a black an white movie,a cartoon or a cgi fest movie for the same thing.
    You wouldn't mistake One Piece and Mob Psycho as the same thing either, being a "novice" or not.
    You might confuse Mob Psycho and One Punch Man though, and that's because it's by the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    What is this movie you are talking about? I'm curious since I'm a fan of anime but admit that 99% of it is utter shit.
    Probably Your Name. That's super hype right now, or was a couple of months ago.

Or something from Ghibli. Or Akira.

You wouldn't mistake One Piece and Mob Psycho as the same thing either, being a "novice" or not.
    You might confuse Mob Psycho and One Punch Man though, and that's because it's by the same person.
    dunno.. i have no idea what either of them are supposed to be. all i know is your avatar is pretty stereotypical of anime style. and it's enough for me to not be interested.
    anyway to non fans it's most likely going to be big googly eyes and tiny mouths etc.

dunno.. i have no idea what either of them are supposed to be. all i know is your avatar is pretty stereotypical of anime style. and it's enough for me to not be interested.
    anyway to non fans it's most likely going to be big googly eyes and tiny mouths etc.
    One Piece, Mob Psycho 100, One Punch Man.

Just for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    The Dragon Master and champion in your sig would like to discuss a few matters of import. ;P
    O.O /10charmanders

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Attack on Titan, but it's usually not my thing.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Always hated it.

Now I haven't watched any of it but here are my reasons.

-Hate the drawing style
    -It pictures grown women as children which I find disgusting
    -I don't like the masochistic, self hating emo take on things.
    -I really don't care about Japan, I don't understand their language and stuff just doesn't translate well. Most of it is ridiculous or stupid when translated into English.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Some of it is very good. The vast majority is absolute shit. There unfortunately is no middle ground. Very few animes have redeeming qualities while being overall subpar. I would say most popular Shonen style animes fall into that category, Naruto, Bleach, Mob Psycho, DB, etc... These shows aren't good so much as they do something really well and you can over look the shit. Then you have the classics, Lupin, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Jin-Roh, Akira, Endless Waltz etc... These are just good, same goes for Studio Ghibli movies. Everything else tends to be complete shit though.

I would say Cowboy Bebop is the only English dubbed anime that's better than the original Japanese. Hellsing is decent, I still prefer it in Japanese.
    Agreed, Bebop is one of the only good dubbed shows in my book. I'm a huge fan of bebop/champloo/trigun etc.

One Piece, Mob Psycho 100, One Punch Man.

Just for clarification.
    sorry dude that pretty much looks the same to me.

sorry dude that pretty much looks the same to me.
    Go see an eye doctor then!

Maybe One Piece wasn't the best example, but the other two are intended to look the same is my point. Same creator.

I've watched around ten anime shows duringf my lifetime, and I really liked a couple of them, while others are unbearable to me. I, for one, find "Death Note" to be tedious and pretentious without actually delivering that much of a quality plot.

i've got perfect vision thank you.. it's not a bad thing that you're a fan of these things but to pretend that they don't share striking similarities is just ignorant.

-Characters in anime only have a few set of shallow personalities (shy anime girl, cutesy/busty anime girl, dark/quiet anime girl, normal anime girl usually paired up with the normal anime guy who is no way is supposed to be the person the viewer is supposed to identify with)
    -Entire concept seems to revolve around technically being considered animation, but one that puts as little effort into it as possible. The lazy lip sync is the majority of the animation in most animes.
    -Japan has a total of 5 voice actors who all sound similar. Need dubs.
    -The annoying sorta gasping sound everyone makes when they hear or see something even remotely surprising.

But hey, it can still be an effective way to convey an entertaining or interesting story. One Punch Man and Attack on Titan mainly are the interesting ones. But you can tell their budgets are miles around of most animes.

Death Note didn't exactly deliver on the visual side, nothing groundbreaking at least, but the story was so interesting it made up for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    No, you're practically blind if you see no differences. There isn't just an "anime style" that covers every last anime ever.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no words for how uneducated these posts are. I mean, the first even states "I haven't watched any of it"...
    Are you going to refute the points? Or just complain that some people see the flaws of the thing you like.

It really doesn't have a certain style though, there are many art styles in anime. There's no way GitS, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, DB/Z/GT/Super etc etc etc etc can be said to have the same art style.

It's the same as any other shit. Some of it's good, some of it's bad.

To me, asking what someone thinks of anime is like asking what they think of TV. There's shows like Duck Dynasty. They're strange, not worth my time, and I don't understand the appeal. Then there's shows like Game of Thrones, which give me a huge amount of enjoyment. For every Game of Thrones there's 100 Duck Dynasties.

I feel exactly the same about anime. Some of it appeals to me, most of it is garbage just based on the concepts of mass production and mass appeal. Thankfully I'm not obliged to watch the garbage. Does that mean I hate or like anime? Idk, you tell me. I tend not to get hung up on that sort of thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    There are no words for how uneducated these posts are. I mean, the first even states "I haven't watched any of it"...
    Yea but even if you only count that, now imagine something you hate and are probably never going to like? Would that change anything?