Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Situation: RDF, tank going at his pace, rogue decides it's not fast enough, goes pulling packs, tank gives no f*cks, rogue dies, rogue throws tantrum, tank says "You pull, you tank".

Question: Who's in the right?
    Of course tank is right. Why this even a question? Tank always right, then healer, dps are just carried.

If you're the GOGOGO tank and you can keep yourself alive, then you're fine.

If you're the GOGOGO DPS and you can kill them before you die, then you're fine.

If you're the GOGOGO either and you don't fall into either category, why the fuck are you rushing? Learn your place.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Situation: RDF, tank going at his pace, rogue decides it's not fast enough, goes pulling packs, tank gives no f*cks, rogue dies, rogue throws tantrum, tank says "You pull, you tank".

Seems the rogue should learn to Vanish lol.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Raven View Post
    Chances are if you're nice and ask them to pick up the pace they will.
    Such a novel idea! Communication? Courtesy? Working together instead of power-tripping? Who does these things?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If you're the GOGOGO tank and you can keep yourself alive, then you're fine.

If you're the GOGOGO DPS and you can kill them before you die, then you're fine.

If you're the GOGOGO either and you don't fall into either category, why the fuck are you rushing? Learn your place.
    ^^^^ About sums it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Of course the tank is right.

I can see why a dps would be bored if a tank is going slow... but RDF? Heroic dungeons? Why would the Rogue die? I pull shit as much as I want as dps in heroic dungeons, and I tank and kill it in two seconds. The rogue was weak to begin with. He deserved to die.
    Also this. I can tank a group of adds in VH on heroic with my rogue, often even without pulling any survivability CDs. If you cannot do it, don't pull.

No matter what, it's the duty of the TANK to TANK (thus the title), and the DPS to wait for the tank to pull. If ANY dps or healer is being jack asses pulling mobs, they need to get kicked. Maybe the tank is lighting a cigarette, going for a bio, coughing, distracted by significant other, or any other real world thing that takes 3 seconds. If you want to tank, REROLL or REQUEUE as one.

Seeing this more and more every day with millennials being more and more impatient to the point of morons even ninja pulling KJ because "they want to get more DT stacks faster" (no, you don't get DT stacks from quick wiping, stop being idiots).

If you want to set the pace, roll a tank. If you want to ride all back of the bus, be a dps or a healer.
    /sig

Both are wrong.
    Rogue shouldnt be pulling stuff without communicating with the tank.
    Tank shouldnt refuse to preform his role just because he doesnt get to do it like he wants. The peformance of the group is more important than 1 players ego.

It's a shame, that there are tanks who are unable to pull much in heroics.. My fresh 110 pally tanked BRH Hero with 1 ilvl above the minimum. Could do biig pulls and was never in danger. Dd were below my ST AND AoE, while the healer healed me for around 10% of my selfheal.
    So.. Jeah. There is no need to be slow and make the runs longer than needed.
    There is no 'you pull, you tank'. It's just a waste of time for everyone in the group, if the tank acts like this.
    And as I already said: if no one dies, why even care for pulls?
    I tank with everyone tank-class except Brew and I really don't know, which cooldowns you need in heroics.
    In higher M+, sure, but when you do this content, everyone knows what to pull and what not.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2017-08-17 at 02:45 PM.

Totally the Rogues fault if he pulls more, "Because we're not going fast enough." and dies. It's like biting off more than you can chew, if you can't take care of the crap you pulled, then you deserve to die.

If you're pulling as dps while I'm tanking, you get saved, and a clear instruction not to do it in future.

You do it again, I'll save you and tell you it's the last time.

Third time you do it, you're tanking it until you die.

I pull pretty fast as is, only slowing down occasionally for a cooldown if I think I'm needing it. Don't push it.

If you pull it, you tank it.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

If a tank pulls slowly, it's usually a tactical reason or (rarely) a lack of confidence.

Most DPS don't stop to consider the way mobs, patrols, spells, etc interact with the environment within the dungeon either. If I wait for a mob to patrol two steps closer it's because I know exactly when I can pull it without tagging the trash pack that's nearby too. Most DPS players don't get that. Some do, but the ones who do tend to be in high mythic+ not low level random content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I mean, we're basically murder hobos with magic sticks.

If you are the tank - your job is to keep your party safe. Doesnt matter if you are pulling or if someone else is - KEEP EVERYONE SAFE and all mobs under control, instead of whining like a cry baby. Recently I have been playing my alt tank a lot more and I never have had a DPS pull ahead of me. Why? Because they are too busy killing what I already pulled.

If you are a slow tank, e.g. you have trouble going faster through the dungeon, a DPS pulling can actually help u if they have the brain to run back behind u. If they dont - they usually die. But if theres an aggrod mob that you can clearly take care of and u dont and let ur DPS die, you are a shit tank. I have never let anyone in my parties die, it will always be me dying first from too much creeps rather than letting down the people in the party who have trusted me to handle my shit.

And you know when was the last time a DPS actually pulled on purpose more than u can handle as a tank? Once in a blue moon if ever.
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2017-08-17 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Tank fault 100%.
    Any tank in a dungeon (not talking high mythic+ obv) that decides to pull slowly and wait after each pack is really frustrating to watch.
    You're the tank, you have easiest to get aggro, why don't you pull faster so you complete the dungeon faster so you and the 4 others can do other things.

Same like at my work when we have a lot to do and people get lazy and don't work as fast as they should be doing, they know how to do the job 110%, they are just to lazy. So why not do the job correct and you can go home earlier.

I absolutely hate slow tanks. Really fuck off and go play dps.

Quote Originally Posted by rio94 View Post
    Tank fault 100%.
    Any tank in a dungeon (not talking high mythic+ obv) that decides to pull slowly and wait after each pack is really frustrating to watch.
    You're the tank, you have easiest to get aggro, why don't you pull faster so you complete the dungeon faster so you and the 4 others can do other things.

Same like at my work when we have a lot to do and people get lazy and don't work as fast as they should be doing, they know how to do the job 110%, they are just to lazy. So why not do the job correct and you can go home earlier.

I absolutely hate slow tanks. Really fuck off and go play dps.
    Totally this. Even fresh 110 with entry gear can masspull rush through heroics. Mythics can be masspulled with 840ish gear, too.

Deleted

The tank is in the right. If the rogue has a problem with the pace, it's not hard to explain. Sure, quite a few tanks are utter d-bags, but throwing a tantrum because you die after doing something stupid is.... Well... Stupid. "Hey, tank. Can we pick up the pace a bit? I've got to take a shit/walk my dog/my house is on fire." It's not too difficult.

Deleted
    Im a fast paced tank (930 VDH), i always pull fast and big if the keystone lvl and affixes let me. What i absolutely hate is some #&@!? Dps pulling packs on purpose (for example some pelter packs in NL) that can completely be avoided, cuz worried for %.
    If some dps pulls that shit off on purpose i give Them a warning telling Them to let me pull because they are slowing down the run. Do it a 2nd time? You die.. I mean, if u see a tank in full m+15 Gear and keeping a good pace have some trust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Such a novel idea! Communication? Courtesy? Working together instead of power-tripping? Who does these things?
    Nah, blizzard killed socialization and communication in game, you just click button pull and kill stuff

according to some posters of this forum

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Both are wrong.
    Rogue shouldnt be pulling stuff without communicating with the tank.
    Tank shouldnt refuse to preform his role just because he doesnt get to do it like he wants. The peformance of the group is more important than 1 players ego.
    I would guess that tank was either DH or DK and both of them were angsty teens who just wanted to have things done their way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    It's a shame, that there are tanks who are unable to pull much in heroics.
    Fun thing i've noticed when my wife started tanking on her alt - she was afraid to pull much because she'll fuck up her buttons and mobs run away and kill somebody or she'll pull too much and she won't be able to keep herself alive.

Then i've run couple of mythic with her as a healer and explained her how much aggro tanks get from abilities and how healer can, basically, cover her active mitigation fuckups with little extra mana... it became fine and she just pulls whatever in heroics now, it's almost impossible to die unless you are alone in heroic.

Also to all people of this very thread - the only one who can "let someone die" are healers, by deciding to "not tank", you just stagger run for unexpected amount of time depending on how good DD in question is at kiting and his toolkit. That's coming from a healer who used to play "well it's 2% of health left on boss let the tank die because he is an asshole lol". Fun times.

Also reminds me of votekicking assholes like these tank/DD off group before the last boss pull.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-08-17 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I hate when DPS use their movement speed CD to run ahead and pull, because now i need to pull aggro so the other dps/healer don't get aggro and it messes up my chain pulling. I love chain pulling, when a dps runs ahead and pull now i have to stop and build up more aggro to cover them and to keep aggro as the mobs chase me as I'm running to get more.

From what i have seen, 90% of the time its some under geared less than 2.5Mil HP dps that pulls who i always let die. The only time i don't mind when a DPS pulls is if its a hunter or rogue that uses MD/ToT because i know i wont have to fight them for aggro and stop moving forward to make sure i got aggro on everything behind me.

Also another tip, if you see your tank mount up and run towards mobs don't attack instead mount up cause that tank is doing a big pull and if you prematurely attack you end up slowing the whole group down either by forcing the tank to run back towards you to get aggro and the other dps to kill it or keeping mobs out of the BIG AoE pile that the tank has made for the group.

People still arguing about this? Let me guess, people who play dps say "100% tank fault" and people who play tanks say "you pull you tank it biatch".

Didn't we already establish it's a dick move to randomly pull more enemies without asking the tank (and healer) if they can go faster?

I stopped playing after EN.

Do Rogues no longer have ToT? Did they lose / change vanish? Did they lose evasion?

I did that shit all the time on my heroic daily and never died.

Granted I overgeared the place by a lot, but either the tank went along or he bitched and left.
    Last edited by dvaz; 2017-08-17 at 03:51 PM.