Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    the older a movie gets the shittier it looks to me.. so i'm not against remakes. obviously it's not always going to be a success but that doesn't make the older version more attractive to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Highlander, I'm picturing someone like Donnie Yen for Ramirez...
    Hell yes! and Bautista is already signed up to play Kurgen... Honestly, I couldn't think of more perfect casting.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Hell yes! and Bautista is already signed up to play Kurgen... Honestly, I couldn't think of more perfect casting.
    I've liked him in Man With the Iron Fist and the Guardians series. To me, him and Rocket were the only reasons to watch (and I'm an 80s kid...). Was very indifferent towards him in the WWF/WWE, but I like his roles so far in "real" acting.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Most films with a white cisgender male lead, re-imagined with leads that are not white and cisgender and male.
    And this helps SILLYS like you how? excactly it doesnt!

I never understood the mindset of people that claim that the original is ruined by a remake.

The original is the original. It won't disappear, it remains to stay. If you like it more, feel free to watch it and ignore any remake.

Current remakes usually only share the title and a vague plot with the original. Unlike the 80s remakes (or US copied foreign movies) which were usually 1:1 copies you can see them as an independent movies, and even knowing the original won't help you guess the plot of the new ones. Using the existing franchise at least helps you to know from the title if you are interested in that genre at all.

There are about one million feature length movies made in the last 100 years, and there are a hundredfold more books available. No plot is going to be "original", everything as been written before. Just the composition is different. Giving the movie a new title instead of an existing one does not make it "more original".

10+ Year Old Account
    Howard the Duck.... I think Marvel/Disney can pull it off
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I've liked him in Man With the Iron Fist and the Guardians series. To me, him and Rocket were the only reasons to watch (and I'm an 80s kid...). Was very indifferent towards him in the WWF/WWE, but I like his roles so far in "real" acting.
    I never really saw him in WWE. I stopped watching before his time, and got back into it after he'd left XD.

But he's great in GoTG and surprisingly good in the Kickboxer remake/sequel.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    surprisingly good in the Kickboxer remake/sequel.
    Never saw that, but I did just watch the female version called... Lady Bloodfight
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never saw that, but I did just watch the female version called... Lady Bloodfight
    It's actually pretty damn good. Most of the cast are MMA fighters, so the fight scenes aren't flashy, but they're authentic.

And best part? Van Damme is still in it! But this time he's playing the wise old mentor that the hot headed young fighter goes to train with.

matrix 1 but with the story in the foreground and not the 1 hour fight scenes from 2 and 3

Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    I loved that movie

Seriously iam surprises that hasnt been remade!

A video game geek who goes off to become a star fighter whats not to love and cynically remake!

Also remake Enemy Mine there is one for you 80s geeks like me!
    Sadly, there's been an issue with attaining the rights to the property. Several people have tried including Seth Rogen (Hey, Preacher is quality lol), Gary Whitta and STEVEN SPIELBERG but they all struck out. There was rumbling of television series, but that was a couple years ago. Such an underrated film and universe.

All the movies should be remade or atleast update the effects to look convincing. I don't care how that would be possible (filming in something like a holodeck in the future? With the likelihood of every actor as a template?) but would love to see it.