Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is stupid but to be real honest I don't like when any business waves the American flag so disingenuously, seriously get a grip you don't give a shit about America or anything else but your bottom line, which is fine, but this faux patriotism shit is enough to make me wanna puke.

That said again this is stupid.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty odd that they used to display the Battle Flag of Northern Virginia over Six Flags of Texas.

Oh, wait.. people don't actually know the Southern Cross in upper left corner of a white flag with Red strip at end is the actually flag.

That odd moment when you realize you are displaying an item with no knowledge what it actually came from.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    This is stupid but to be real honest I don't like when any business waves the American flag so disingenuously, seriously get a grip you don't give a shit about America or anything else but your bottom line, which is fine, but this faux patriotism shit is enough to make me wanna puke.

That said again this is stupid.
    Gotta make a dollar am I right?

Wont be surprised if they start trying to eliminate the civil war from the history books...wouldn't want parents to complain and boycott their books and or the school because someone may dare get offended because they saw a picture of the confederate flag in a book!

Gotta eliminate anything that makes us look bad...except it was okay to take the native americans land and slaughter them because they were *savages*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Gotta make a dollar am I right?

Wont be surprised if they start trying to eliminate the civil war from the history books...wouldn't want parents to complain and boycott their books and or the school because someone may dare get offended because they saw a picture of the confederate flag in a book!

Gotta eliminate anything that makes us look bad...except it was okay to take the native americans land and slaughter them because they were *savages*
    Yeah, well I think it's a over reaction, I mean yes it's OK to be offended, it's alright, being OFFENDED is human. It doesn't mean other people have to do stuff.

And considering NOBODY ever reads the fucking history books maybe not having them will save money. I know put the funds into science or an Economics class.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see no problem on it, but i think people are overreacting. On both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is so ridiculously easy to be on the winning team right now. Love America. Fly American flags. Denounce white supremacy. Not hard. Except for Trump apparently.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    It is so ridiculously easy to be on the winning team right now. Love America. Fly American flags. Denounce white supremacy. Not hard. Except for Trump apparently.
    Nah, the nation is divided as fuck. He can't win no matter what he does since half the country rabidly hates him. Being on the winning team was easy right after 9/11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Nah, the nation is divided as fuck. He can't win no matter what he does since half the country rabidly hates him. Being on the winning team was easy right after 9/11.
    No it's still pretty easy because I'm pretty fucking left outside of a couple issues. You denounce Nazis? You fly the American flag? You say we should all love America and not foreign leaders/traitors/enemies of the state? Yeah I'm sold.

"The Nation" is not divided. That's bullshit sold to you by people who have a vested interest in dividing us. Most people are getting along fine, political, religious, social differences aside. These Nazis? Those anti-fa guys? They're a really loud minority. But one of these minorities is an enemy of the American people and it isn't the anti-fa guys.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    til six flags had confederate flags lol
    same.... good ol texas

There is absolutely no reason to be upset at people flying an American flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    That particular Six-Flags is about 15 min from my house, the Titan roller coaster will make you shit your pants. I think its why a large set of bathrooms are ready for when you exit the ride.

I honestly never even noticed any of the flags, and the place has been there since before I was even born. I've been there like 100 times throughout my childhood and even recently. I didn't know the flags represented themes in the park. I guess we learn something new everyday.
    I did the Titan roller coaster once. It was boring. Now, i'm at the Seat Of The Pantheon, fighting actual Titans. I'm happy now.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no problem with the flags, until now.

No problems, until this particular year...

I'm annoyed by this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    same.... good ol texas
    context, you missed it.

Six Flags stands for the Six Flags that Texas has flown. Spain, France, Mexico, Independent nation, Confederacy, and USA. It was a historical reference, nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    No it's still pretty easy because I'm pretty fucking left outside of a couple issues. You denounce Nazis? You fly the American flag? You say we should all love America and not foreign leaders/traitors/enemies of the state? Yeah I'm sold.

"The Nation" is not divided. That's bullshit sold to you by people who have a vested interest in dividing us. Most people are getting along fine, political, religious, social differences aside. These Nazis? Those anti-fa guys? They're a really loud minority. But one of these minorities is an enemy of the American people and it isn't the anti-fa guys.
    "THE NATION IS NOT DIVIDED!!!1!"

Votes in Trump.

Violent clashes between protesters for months.

"I DON'T HAVE TO SEE THE TRUTH!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    context, you missed it.

Six Flags stands for the Six Flags that Texas has flown. Spain, France, Mexico, Independent nation, Confederacy, and USA. It was a historical reference, nothing more
    They don't care because they lack the foresight to see where their crusade leads. They believe they are doing the right thing, whilst simultaneously doing everything the people they supposedly hate are known for.

Man, Spain, France, and Mexico are gonna be pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    Man, Spain, France, and Mexico are gonna be pissed!
    Can't have anything nice anymore. Just going to get worse.

I remember joking about this a couple weeks ago, how I was just waiting for someone to start complaining about Six Flags being racist. *sigh*

This one I have a problem with, as in context the Confederate is just one of six flags that's part of a historical narrative. Claiming its an endorsement of the Confederacy or Confederate policy is like claiming Six Flags parks are an endorsement of Spanish colonialism.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    context, you missed it.

??? Yes, I read that. I still had no idea they flew a confederate flag there.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    ??? Yes, I read that. I still had no idea they flew a confederate flag there.
    Could partly be because they flew the actual Confederate flag, not the common battle flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    "THE NATION IS NOT DIVIDED!!!1!"

Votes in Trump.

Violent clashes between protesters for months.

"I DON'T HAVE TO SEE THE TRUTH!"
    You realize that even if a million people were violently clashing, that's only .3% of the population right?

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    That awkward moment when the official American flag offends Americans
    it already does around the Mexican border, it offends the mexican immigrants apparently and you aren't allowed to have anything with the US flag at school.