Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then you don't get to complain when someone takes away a freedom you like, just because they feel its spread could hurt their country. You are no different than the people who sought to ban gay marriage, interracial marriage, restrict Muslims, or limit immigration.
    Oh please don't give me that bullshit. Restricting all Muslims because of ISIS is in no way the same as restricting Nazis because of Nazis.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    As I said, projection is a helluva drug. Stop assuming shit.
    I give up. You lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Try actually reading the article. That standard was answered already.
    The article is wrong.

You are a Nazi sympathizer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Your idea is dangerous.
    Lots of ideas are dangerous. Nazis have demonstrated that more than their ideology is dangerous, that THEY are dangerous.

I don't want to kill Nazis. Nazis want to kill me.

There's a pretty clear line between these viewpoints. If you can't tell the difference you're either ignorant or a sympathizer.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Take your victim hood elsewhere. This dog won't hunt.
    TIL pointing out that 'asshole' standards aren't provided evenly, especially by the people who demand that everyone have equal outcome, is having a victim complex. Truly, well done!
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Oh please don't give me that bullshit. Restricting all Muslims because of ISIS is in no way the same as restricting Nazis because of Nazis.
    That's the thing, the moral justification to take away the freedoms of others, even when they have caused no harm. Once you do that, you don't get to complain when someone else does the same thing. You can rationalize it all you like, which is exactly what the people who sought to ban all those things did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    And that is what assault and battery laws are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    Good thing we do have laws that protect you and me from getting punched in the face. Just because free speech laws don't cover assault and battery doesn't mean it is ok to punch someone for something they said it is still a crime
    Absolutely true.

However, it's not freedom of speech that prevents those offenses.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

the article is wrong.

You are a nazi sympathizer.
    literally lol
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Nobody is saying the Nazi's should go to jail for what their saying. They're just getting fired from their jobs, kicked out of universities and disowned by their families. Nobody has charged them with a crime for saying their bullshit.
    Kinda wierd, since they are mentally ill to believe in such a political view. Same with AntiFa/SJW that believe in communism. They should help them understand their error via therapy and if they can't, then just ignore that aspect and try to keep the busy doing other stuff. Same treatment you would apply to a mildly mentally ill person.

Lots of ideas are dangerous. Nazis have demonstrated that more than their ideology is dangerous, that THEY are dangerous.

I don't want to kill Nazis. Nazis want to kill me.

There's a pretty clear line between these viewpoints. If you can't tell the difference you're either ignorant or a sympathizer.
    You missed the point entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Lots of Antifa in these forums I see.

Free Speech is about allowing unpopular points of view. People need to read up on their damn history there was a time when the Abolition of slavery was unpopular, mixed marriages was unpopular, and gay rights were unpopular. Those groups had their rights to express their ideals despite it being hugely unpopular on the local, state and federal level. There is no Free Speech if only the things you agree with to be expressed.
    Its not about being unpopular, its about inciting violence/genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    omg get a load of this virtue signalling.. ugh!
    No it is called being a patriot that understands the constitution what it stands for and its purpose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's the thing, the moral justification to take away the freedoms of others, even when they have caused no harm. Once you do that, you don't get to complain when someone else does the same thing. You can rationalize it all you like, which is exactly what the people who sought to ban all those things did.
    Nazis HAVE caused harm. ISIS has caused harm.

Gay people have NOT caused harm. Muslims have NOT caused harm.

I am in favor of restricting specific groups who have and intend to cause harm.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Lots of Antifa in these forums I see.

Free Speech is about allowing unpopular points of view. People need to read up on their damn history there was a time when the Abolition of slavery was unpopular, mixed marriages was unpopular, and gay rights were unpopular. Those groups had their rights to express their ideals despite it being hugely unpopular on the local, state and federal level. There is no Free Speech if only the things you agree with to be expressed.
    There also was a time when anti-semitism was an accepted (political) viewpoint and a party like the NSDAP could freely express their ideas and rise to power. Since you know history so well, I guess you are aware what came from it.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    would you be accepting of a paedophile rally?

using the free speech argument to justify a white supremacists rally, isn't much different from using it to justify a paedophilia rally.

think about that
    as long as they're not sexually assaulting kids or doing anything else illegal as part of their rally then it's perfectly legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    You missed the point entirely.
    No. I got your point. Your point is stupid.

Nazis are pretty universally agreed to be bad. Not just by me, like your point attmpted to demonstrate, but by dozens of countries. By millions of people. Shit, even Iran AND Israel agree Nazis are bad, in fact Iran, Israel, Germany and Russia all agree Nazis are bad. But what, America can't pull it's head out if it's own ego to say Nazis are bad?

Fuck that shit. Nazis are bad. Nazis are dangerous. There is ZERO room in America for Nazis and Nazi ideology. Why are we even having this discussion? They're FUCKING NAZIS!

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Its not about being unpopular, its about inciting violence/genocide.
    If you allow words themselves incite you to violence then the problem is with you not the words
    Unless the speech directly orders you to go out and commit violence then they can spew all the hate they want

Geeze these same people supporting these Nazi's right to free speech are the same people that went after the dixie chicks for saying shit about george bush....

remember that AltRight/republicans

"Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas."

the shit storm that followed was almost as bad as the shit storm today. protest, threats, violence, banned from radio, boycotted, canceled shows, lost jobs, lost endorsements...etc etc

it proves that free speech also has Free Consequences.

At least the dixie chicks did not gas 6 million people, invade multiple countries and are directly responsible for tens of millions of deaths.

Such things should be addressed on an individual basis. You want to treat them as the totality of past actions, when you should not. I am not responsible for the actions of my government. I am not responsible for the actions of some other guy. You are literally doing the same thing as them.

Funnily enough, according to basically all Abrahamic religions gays do cause harm.

Similarly, according to many Atheists teaching your children your religion is tantamount to child abuse.

Who gets to be the censor?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Geeze these same people supporting these Nazi's right to free speech are the same people that went after the dixie chicks for saying shit about george bush....

remember that AltRight/republicans

"Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas."

the shit storm that followed was almost as bad as the shit storm today. protest, threats, violence, banned from radio, boycotted, canceled shows, lost jobs, lost endorsements...etc etc

it proves that free speech also has Free Consequences.

At least the dixie chicks did not gas 6 million people, invade multiple countries and are directly responsible for tens of millions of deaths.
    no the Dixie checks can say what the hell ever they want and we have the right to use our freedom of speech to condemn them and burn their CDs