Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    No, he used darkside force mojo.

You are bad at Star Wars.
    Did you even saw the Prequels? Palpatine was based on Adolf Hitler's rise to power, manipulating the wars to go from chancellor to emperor through democratic way. Heck, the Jedi Purge can be compared to the Night of the Long Knives.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Then you are a nazi supporter.

If you are not willing to silence them, you are supporting them. There was a war about this.
    That's an idiotic statement.

I'm opposed to all forms of authoritarianism, I don't care who they are. I oppose Nazis, because they want to take away the freedoms of innocent people. I oppose you, because you wish to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Preserving their Constitutional right to free speech does not validate or give support to either their voice or their worldview, and the "benefit to the nation" has been established by our Founding Fathers. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Every American is afforded the liberty to be whatever makes them happy within the parameters of the law of the land. That is the American promise, the American dream, and it was purposefully engineered by our Founding Fathers as a direct response to totalitarian and oligarchical governmental institutions that did not value the democratic liberty of their people.
    Just to nitpick, Totalitarianism is a 20th century phenomenon, though you might call figures like Napoleon proto-fascists. But anyway, the word you want to use instead is probably "Absolutist," as in the absolute divine right of the monarch, although I'm not sure that would apply to the United Kingdom by the time of George III and the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Its not, the world knows what nazis what, it was started by Hitler, you can't fool anybody.
    Communism was brought into power by people who killed millions.
    Do you believe that everyone who's part of a modern day communist party is a psychopathic mass murderer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Here, check this for toilet reading, it might save your life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_...s_Constitution
    Ill ask again, or is any country that is not the US ran by Hitler's ghost now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Did you even saw the Prequels? Palpatine was based on Adolf Hitler's rise to power, manipulating the wars to go from chancellor to emperor through democratic way. Heck, the Jedi Purge can be compared to the Night of the Long Knives.
    You're fighting a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Does this mean that radical Islamists deserve free speech as well?
    yes as long as they don't incite violence order others to commit crimes doesn't mean they cant be put on a watch list get a warrant and heavily monitored
    the preemptive thing to do is not allow them into the country to begin with then you wouldn't have to worry about them having a first amendment right to spew hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's an idiotic statement.

I'm opposed to all forms of authoritarianism, I don't care who they are. I oppose Nazis, because they want to take away the freedoms of innocent people. I oppose you, because you wish to do the same.
    Then you are a useful idiot. Silent on the sides while the Nazis spread their disease.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BajPally View Post
    Do you believe that everyone who's part of a modern day communist party is a psychopathic mass murderer?
    No, communism came from Marx. But you tried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Then you are a nazi supporter.
    If you are not willing to silence them, you are supporting them. There was a war about this.
    No you are not. You can oppose Nazis and still don't think that we need to silence them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Pedophilia is against the law, though. Being a racist isn't.
    Pedophilia is not against the law. Molesting children is against the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    No you are not. You can oppose Nazis and still don't think that we need to silence them.
    Then you are not really opposing them.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    though you might call figures like Napoleon proto-fascists.
    No, you can't. Napoleon was a liberal on a sea of absolutists kingdoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Free Speech= "I hate the Jews and think they should all be killed" This is espousing your own personal opinion or ideology without a direct threat to anyone.

Hate Speech= "I hate the Jews, grab a pitchfork and lets go kill them" This goes beyond simply expressing your opinion and is a direct call for, or incitement of, violence against someone or something.

Do you see the difference?
    The former gets you charged under section 319(2). The latter gets you charged under section 318 and/or section 264.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Just for the record, are we now at the point in this forum where it becomes debatable whether being a Nazi makes you a bad person?
    Because that's what this statement implies.

Nazis are the scum of society, watch some Holocaust footage and tell me again how supporting this is acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pedophilia is not against the law. Molesting children is against the law.
    Actually it is, if your caught having indecent images of children on your pc
    #boycottchina

No, communism came from Marx. But you tried.
    Communism came into power with Lenin and co. Nazism came into power with Hitler. Those guys were the ones who put it into practice first.
    The ideology originated from Marx. And then I say that the ideology of natsoc originated in the 1800s. Did you really think that Hitler personally came up with all of that?
    But at least you tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill ask again, or is any country that is not the US ran by Hitler's ghost now?
    Other countries have protection of freedom of speech in their own constitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    No, he used darkside force mojo.

Actually, he used the political instability he caused by starting the war with the Confederacy to get the Senate to confer "temporary" absolute power to the Chancellor.

Then used his army of brainwashed soldiers to eleminate most of his political and ideological enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Communism came into power with Lenin and co. Nazism came into power with Hitler. Those guys were the ones who put it into practice first.
    The ideology originated from Marx. And then I say that the ideology of natsoc originated in the 1800s. Did you really think that Hitler personally came up with all of that?
    But at least you tried.
    Yes, the idealogy came from Hitler, are we done here?