Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    after Rod Rigole from their legal team threatened me
    Lol, what could they do to you? It's not like you signed a NDA. I guess they were really salty about it. I'm going to guess if their is a leak for the coming xpac it will be on 4chan because of the anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I'm fine with doing everything once. I'm not fine with doing everything again and again and again and again everytime I level another character to max level.
    Most of my characters I've barely done any profession things on because the quest gating got really tedious.

And some of the other gating was really ridiculous. By the time I unlocked the ability to get a decent engineering goggles, I had way, way better headgear drop. A basic low ilevel headgun recipe required going into court of stars, which required finishing the Suramar campaign. It's kind of ridiculous. I liked it better when a basic goggle recipe was part of leveling up, and then you could get upgrades from drops later on.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Most of my characters I've barely done any profession things on because the quest gating got really tedious.

And some of the other gating was really ridiculous. By the time I unlocked the ability to get a decent engineering goggles, I had way, way better headgear drop. A basic low ilevel headgun recipe required going into court of stars, which required finishing the Suramar campaign. It's kind of ridiculous. I liked it better when a basic goggle recipe was part of leveling up, and then you could get upgrades from drops later on.
    Largest team working on professions ever.

So sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Largest team working on professions ever.

So sad.
    Probably the idea behind it then the amount of people(And it helps in terms of amount of content I suppose). I mean I have my own ideas for Blacksmithing but it's not necessarily more fun. Just more sets/armor/weapons to have.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Probably the idea behind it then the amount of people(And it helps in terms of amount of content I suppose). I mean I have my own ideas for Blacksmithing but it's not necessarily more fun. Just more sets/armor/weapons to have.
    I would have loved to be at the design meeting where someone said, "I have this amazing idea for cooking. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to make Nomi a star."

i liked the garrison much more than i like the order halls.

i liked having my own space where i could be away from everyone, building my own little town, i liked how it destroyed the crafting material market so everything was nice and cheap.

but the mission table. that fucking piece of shit can rot in the most tormenting pit of the lowest hell that can be fathomed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I would have loved to be at the design meeting where someone said, "I have this amazing idea for cooking. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to make Nomi a star."
    Fuck that kid seriously. I trained him to be a fucking chef during MoP and now he keeps burning all my fucking food. And I still don't have the fucking recipe for the +500 feast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool things that it could be about:

Azshara and/or N'Zoth. I think Azshara could probably carry the show solo, but it would make sense to have the Old God backing her be a part of things.
    Void Lords. I expect this guys to be tackled after N'Zoth, though. Unless Blizzard decides to downplay the Void Lord threat and have N'Zoth go rogue and try and surpass them, or something. It could happen. We're getting peaks at worlds from across the universe on Argus, could be the prelude to world-hopping on a quest to go to the Void and tackle the Void Lords directly (ib4 "They gotta die in the Void to die for real!")
    Shadowlands. Legion lore hints at some interesting creatures there, from the entity that Odyn learned how to craft his afterlife realms from, to the fact that apparently there are constellar hanging around there (Harbaron from Maw of Souls is implied to be one). The geography of the afterlife would be pretty rad.
    Underworld. Could actually tie into an Azshara/N'Zoth-related expansion. Let's say patch 1 is killing Azshara just before N'Zoth breaks free. Later patches involve N'Zoth burrowing underground after Azeroth's worldsoul. Basically the underworld would be the 'Argus' of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i liked the garrison much more than i like the order halls.

i liked having my own space where i could be away from everyone, building my own little town, i liked how it destroyed the crafting material market so everything was nice and cheap.

but the mission table. that fucking piece of shit can rot in the most tormenting pit of the lowest hell that can be fathomed.
    I haven't returned to my garrison and hid away the Hearthstone in the darkest spot in my bank to not remind me of it, that's how much I hated that place.

This is wishful thinking on my part, but if they do add more customization and race/class combos, I hope we get more character slots per server. I'm fine with the 50 global cap, but I'd like most of my characters on the same server. And my two main servers are too populated to ever become connected to each other. (or any other realm most likely)

the one april fools that master plan broke the mission table was god damn hilarious tho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    This is wishful thinking on my part, but if they do add more customization and race/class combos, I hope we get more character slots per server. I'm fine with the 50 global cap, but I'd like most of my characters on the same server. And my two main servers are too populated to ever become connected to each other. (or any other realm most likely)
    I'd really like bulk pricing on character transfers, and maybe a change so that your account cap is still 50 but they can all be in one place if you want. Do a bit of consolidation into one horde and one ally server -_-

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    the one april fools that master plan broke the mission table was god damn hilarious tho
    I loved how the people cried because they were so reliant on the shitty addon.

Like, how mentally ill do you have to be to not do missions without an addon?

I wish that addon did that everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I loved how the people cried because they were so reliant on the shitty addon.

Like, how mentally ill do you have to be to not do missions without an addon?

I wish that addon did that everyday.

yes people obviously liked the addon cuz they couldnt do the missions without an addon. /s

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    yes people obviously liked the addon cuz they couldnt do the missions without an addon. /s
    I think I was unsubbed that day, or otherwise occupied, but my memory was all you had to do was solve a simple equation to unlock it?.....which meant you could google search the solution as soon as people started posting it in about 1/10th the time they spent whining -_-

Um... you obviously didn't play then.

it was mass hysteria, people whining because they couldn't play the game or do missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    No three times. Because my Rogue is not an enchanter. My Mage is. My Rogue has Leatherworking which outside of drums and the occasional legendary items does shit all this expansion. Oh no wait I get a mount that's bind on pick up. The Blacksmithing mount isn't. Consistency?
    Also it's not optional rank 3. The potion is rank 2.

And there has to be a solution between mandatory 3-button enchants/gems and rng everything. I don't have a single gem slot on my Rogue but my alt Mage has 3. That's not rewarding that just makes me want to play my Mage more (which is a different debate enitrely).
    The problem with garrisons is that they either feel mandatory or useless (plus it makes the world feel incredibly small but that's also a different discussion (also the reason why I'm against player ships)). Coupled with the artifact quests it makes for a weird connection between "oh this is important" to "this doesn't matter at all but what if it does again?".
    It feels like you're complaining just to complain. So you ranked up Nightfallen to exalted twice (even though you only had to do it the one time on your mage to get both flying and the recipes you needed) and then had to get to 0/21000 revered (a complete joke) once. Wow, you had to do so much again and again and again on every character you made. Please. The potion is even more optional than the Rank 3 enchants, because at least they actually represent a significant mat difference, the rank 2 potions are just quality of life.

You were the one who proposed reverting. There is no in-between. If enchants and gems provide throughput, and they are consistently on gear, they are always going to be that thing you grab off the AH or guild bank or make and then right click to apply or socket and walk away from, short of completely scrapping the way they work in favor of a completely new system. If three gems slots (200 agi and 300 secondary stat) are the difference between you wanting to play a character and not wanting to play the character. The problem is on your end.

Which is what I find is frequently true with people who have these bizarre dislikes for the RNG systems like Titanforging. Because the problem isn't Titanforging, or RNG gems, or even Legendaries, arguably the worst of the potential offenders. The problem is that you people see not getting bonuses as getting penalties. Which is just nonsense. Like looking at a glass that is completely full of water, and then pointing out that someone else got lucky and got a 15% larger glass of water so now you feel like your glass is half full.

But whatever. I get it. If you don't like RNG, you don't like it. This isn't something either of us is going to convince the other of.

Personally, I greatly enjoy it. It makes loot interesting, it gives me a reason to quickjoin a heroic queue when I see someone on my friends list playing an undergeared alt. It provides nice little unexpected upgrades when I'm after a specific item but everything else in that instance is a down/sidegrade. It makes gems actually feel like something interesting and significant to get on an item and socket instead of something you buy a few stacks of and leave in your bank to slot into whatever piece you get. The times when it is disappointing (roll doesn't quite bring an item up high enough) are times where I wasn't expecting that item drop to be an upgrade in the first place, because I overgear the content.

Um... you obviously didn't play then.

it was mass hysteria, people whining because they couldn't play the game or do missions.

way to miss my point.

way to miss my point.
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ma...ge=27#comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spMp6n17y80

Not missing the point, people couldn't do missions without the addon

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Personally, I greatly enjoy it. It makes loot interesting
    Well there are people out there that think cata was the best expansion, so there are more egregious crimes than being especially prone to the skinner box, I guess.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ma...ge=27#comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spMp6n17y80

Not missing the point, people couldn't do missions without the addon

No, you're still missing the point. No one was unable to do missions without the addon. It's not required. If someone said they couldn't do missions, they don't mean they were unable to do them. They meant they did not want to do missions without the addon.

As for the addon itself. Doing garrison missions for the 1000th time is not fun or engaging. Without the addon it can take 3-5 minutes just to finish one character's mission. If you have more than 5 alts, then doing missions without the addon is too annoying.