Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    I thought casual was just about how much time you spend in game? Plenty of supposed casuals on these forums, at least according to them.
    No, it's defined by how you spend your time. You can play 20 hours per day, but if all you do is things like pet battles and world questing then you're casual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Man posting my own opinion in an opinion thread only for someone to edit it, then bold their edit. Compelling and original content.

Next you're going to tell me I made a blanket statement in my second paragraph *Waggles fingers mysteriously*
    Well, he is kinda right and your previous post is something unthinkable for me. So you won't play something you could enjoy only because something in the past went wrong (for you). It makes no damn sense.

Think of it: "Well i don't like Witcher 1, i guess i won't play 2 and 3 even if i like what i see because the wound in my soul is too great".

People reaaaaaaally need to leave this kind of emotions for real life stuff and not videogames. But maybe this is what's wrong with this era, people feel sadness, hate, love, anger, envy etc for a thing and not for other human beings.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    The only thing bad about nothing being mentioned at Gamescom is the leaks on this forum will continue until November >_<
    Yeah what I am afraid of as well have weeks of fake leaks before Blizzcon to put up with..

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Man posting my own opinion in an opinion thread only for someone to edit it, then bold their edit. Compelling and original content.

Next you're going to tell me I made a blanket statement in my second paragraph *Waggles fingers mysteriously*
    No, I just made the statement sound a bit less absolute and a bit more open minded. How you choose to react to it is whatever you feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I agree. Here's why:

People say they announced Legion 2 years ago because WoD suffered extremely.

News flash, how many are still playing legion? I mostly PvP and it's the lowest participation by far, FAR less than even WoD so I'm going to assume that translates into PvE aswell.

7.3 does nothing but bring new PvP seasons for us. What is there for us to look forward to? I couldn't care less about 7.3 and abandon Azeroth and let it's enemies take control while we're away on Argus. Nope, I'm not falling for that. Doing exactly what N'zoth wants us to do lol.
    Well, I can only speak for myself, but personally it seems like activity in my guild is severely down as well. Not to mention that I even started to only log in for the raids and frankly, I'm more tempted to raise my fishing skill in FFXIV than raid in wow atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll just have to wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    7.3 is just what you call it. News.
    Let people play it before crying for what's next.
    Isn't that what the PTR is for? There's nothing that they can tell us about 7.3, that we don't already know...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see...

Isn't that what the PTR is for?
    The fuck is that suppose to mean? PTR replaced the live game? No seriously, what is that even suppose to mean?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Remain in denial as much as you want - but 7.3 is OLD NEWS.
    This is where information addiction gets us. 7.3 isn't even out yet and already people are saying it's "old news." The news of 7.3 may be old, but the content is new.

We'll find out about the next expansion when we find out. We have at LEAST one more year of Legion before it comes out. I think Blizzard have been doing a good job with Legion so far and hopefully the next expansion will match it. I also hope they take their sweet time releasing it so it's as good as possible instead of rushing it out early - plus there's far more to do in Legion than there was in WoD so players shouldn't find themselves too bored in the interim.

Deleted
    What bothers me is that after the last gamescome when they announced Legion, they said that this would be their greatest gamescon. So they literally said that a shit of gamescom with a new map for ow, a new char for hots, and explain patch 7.3 which has been flooding wowhead and mmochamp for weeks and It's nothing "announceable" is better than the announcement of the best expansion (contentwise, I won't enter in nostalgia or aesthetics) that wow has seen. That is the only reason I thought they really were about to tease a new exp or at least give hints.

Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    What bothers me is that after the last gamescome when they announced Legion, they said that this would be their greatest gamescon. So they literally said that a shit of gamescom with a new map for ow, a new char for hots, and explain patch 7.3 which has been flooding wowhead and mmochamp for weeks and It's nothing "announceable" is better than the announcement of the best expansion (contentwise, I won't enter in nostalgia or aesthetics) that wow has seen. That is the only reason I thought they really were about to tease a new exp or at least give hints.
    They said it will be their "biggest" Gamescom. And it is. They never had more space for their games than this year, their lineup is the biggest with the most franchises and they've got a pretty tough schedule with all the things they're going to show us. Here comes the problem: it was people overhyping and expecting something from Gamescom that was not realistic. I don't like all those championships they're showing but it's still content, even if I dislike it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I dont wanna sound like an asshole here or anything but im pretty sure were currently sitting on WoD numbers as of right now.
    You're "pretty sure"? Where are your numbers? Your evidence? I highly disagree with your statement, based on the fact that Blizzard still deems it necessary for sharding to exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I agree. Here's why:

People say they announced Legion 2 years ago because WoD suffered extremely.

News flash, how many are still playing legion? I mostly PvP and it's the lowest participation by far, FAR less than even WoD so I'm going to assume that translates into PvE aswell.

7.3 does nothing but bring new PvP seasons for us. What is there for us to look forward to? I couldn't care less about 7.3 and abandon Azeroth and let it's enemies take control while we're away on Argus. Nope, I'm not falling for that. Doing exactly what N'zoth wants us to do lol.
    ...what makes you think that PvP participate translates to PvE in any meaningful way? The PvP community is a small minority of the entire playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, OP, you are aware that the presentation hasn't happened yet, right? They very well could have an actual surprise tease planned for the very end of the presentation, like they did for Argus at last year's 7.1.5 presentation at BlizzCon. No buildup even a week out, just a quick drop of a picture of Argus.

Hold your complaints until AFTER the presentation. Please.

Deleted
    I'm surprised we won't get like a name teaser, if only to allow hype to boil up for the next few months. Could make blizzcon more watched.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They said it will be their "biggest" Gamescom. And it is. They never had more space for their games than this year, their lineup is the biggest with the most franchises and they've got a pretty tough schedule with all the things they're going to show us. Here comes the problem: it was people overhyping and expecting something from Gamescom that was not realistic. I don't like all those championships they're showing but it's still content, even if I dislike it.
    I'm not blaming them for content, and is a good gamescom. But Blizzard announced for the first time an expansion in gamescom last year, so It's normal that people were hyping af when they heard "best gamescom ever". Sure they have shown nice things (I am waiting to play junkertown as I love Junkrat and Roadhog) but is really, really far from "the best gamescon". Also, I wasn't waiting to see a full teaser and models of the next expansion, but at least a tiny hint like something related to Jaina/Sylvanas/Azshara/N'zoth/Azeroth. At this point we know more or less what is going to be but It would've been nice to see just 1 concept image or something about.
    Last edited by mmocd1c9020b34; 2017-08-23 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    do you now? thanks for sharing that with us.

While eatting breakfast this morning I thought hard on this. Then I looked around the room. To tell you the truth everything seems ok. So.. no reason to cry about it. News is just news. When it comes out it comes out. Last thing I want to do is be a bitch about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, it's defined by how you spend your time. You can play 20 hours per day, but if all you do is things like pet battles and world questing then you're casual.
    It's interesting how we seem to have so many different definitions of the term casual these days, especially since everyone seems to assume that everyone else uses the same definition they themselves use.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    Remain in denial as much as you want - but 7.3 is OLD NEWS. Making Gamescom "all about 7.3" is a missed opportunity to hype up people far beyond attendees of US Blizzcon, boost virtual ticket sales, and more.
    7.3 is old news to news seekers which is a tiny fraction of the player base. Most players just log on and play. They do not visit sites like this to read about stuff that is in the works. Most do not know what is in 7.3 and most do not participate in PTR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I dont wanna sound like an asshole here or anything but im pretty sure were currently sitting on WoD numbers as of right now.
    According to the latest shareholder info, I would think otherwise. But then it is not important.

Did Blizzard even have anything at Gamescom. Didn't see anything.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just because you want a tease of the the next expansion, doesnt mean 7.3 is not news worthy. Legion is going great, far better than WoD, why would they undermine (no pun intended) it with a tease for the next expansion when the ultimate content drop is right on the horizon. Enjoy 7.3, 8.0 will be out in 9 months, live, love, laugh fam.

This isnt a missed opportunity, Legion announcement was damage control.