Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

7.3 will not be coming next week

Historically Blizzard has always announced the end of a PvP season 2 weeks prior to a patch dropping and gave the precise date 1 week prior. This time the end of S4 was announced two weeks ago but a precise has not been given today. The end of S1 was also announced 3 weeks before it actually ended but a date was given at the end of the 2nd week. Right now it's already too late to give a date this week so the earliest we could get 7.3 is the 5th of September. There's no release candidate on the PTR either.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2017-08-23 at 10:38 AM.

I am thinking the patch had a few set backs, and will be in sept. My guess is sept 5th.

10+ Year Old Account
    People generally seem to think it'll be out in September. Blizzard have kept to their 77 day content cycle throughout Legion, I haven't heard many people suggest 7.3 would come out next week. I hope they release it in three weeks.

Deleted
    Never thought it would be, they wouldn't clash it with the Destiny 2 beta.

Not saying they're delaying releasing it because of Destiny 2, just that the scheduling of the beta/wow 7.3 was in some way co-ordinated.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    People generally seem to think it'll be out in September. Blizzard have kept to their 77 day content cycle throughout Legion, I haven't heard many people suggest 7.3 would come out next week. I hope they release it in three weeks.
    There has been a lot of people in this forum declaring with absolute certainty the date to be August 29th. I'm not sure you have been reading through here much lately

Deleted
    I created a thread myself.

They ALWAYS been doing a 4-5 week warning. First 2-3 weeks is "hey guys, season is over soon". After 2 weeks, "hey guys, the season is over the Xth" = new patch.

Sometimes i think MMO-C is a complete new generation of WoW players with 0 experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Many big youtubers and the average poster here, did indeed say it gonna be a late august release.

Seems like not the case(i hope im wrong).

It's just a pain when Blizzard keeps holding out on us. No one wants a major content patch when it's September and everyone has to go back to work / school.

The only reason they are delaying the end of the season and the release of 7.3 is because they want it to be this "big" thing they'll announce at Gamescon. At this point Blizzard cares more about their PR stunts than customer satisfaction.

They can still announce it today at Gamescon, and have been holding off on doing so earlier so they can announce something at-least.
    Pvp had plenty of warning at this point so i think its pretty early to make a definitive statement.
    We'll see what they tell us at 18:00 and go from there.

And yeah, ptr isn't flagged as release but they havent really added/changed anything major the last couple builds either, indicating its pretty much done.

I bought into the 77 day theory for a while, but last Sunday I realised we hadn't been downloading the patch as background data, which I though usually starts happening a week or so before a patch goes live.

September is the worst period to release a patch lol, from all the months of the year they choose the one where everyone starts either school, college, work etc

Deleted
    Start work in September? In which world is September a very particular & specific month for the working masses?

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Start work in September? In which world is September a very particular & specific month for the working masses?
    Most people go on vacations in the summer. And WoW is mostly played by school and college aged people.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2017-08-23 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Most people go on vacations in the Summer. And WoW is mostly played by school and college aged people.
    He covered that with school, which I agree with. And a lot of people do go on vacation during summer, but show me 1 company where people take 2 months off in July/August or a statistic that shows the majority of people taking 2 weeks off at the end of August.

It's even the other way around (and I know because I work in tourism): most people take time off in the last 2 weeks of July and first 2 weeks of August, on the one hand because it coincides with a lot of collective holidays in specific industries (like construction) and on the other hand because no one wants to come back from holiday on 31/08 and then scramble to sort everything out for your kids who need to go to school the next day.

September is by no means a horrible month to release a patch for the working folk. It's no less awful than July/August.

Most people go on vacations in the Summer. And WoW is mostly played by school and college aged people.
    If you are going on summer vacations and all you can think is patch 7.3 of wow, then you have a serious issue and you should look it up.

Deleted
    My money on first reset of september.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    If you are going on summer vacations and all you can think is patch 7.3 of wow, then you have a serious issue and you should look it up.
    Here we go again with the "haha, nerd"

Deleted
    Bullshitz thread for no reason. They can announce 7.3 release next week without any problems.

Deleted
    OMG! 7.3 will be in September! I will kill myself if its not in August!(Not!) Seriously it matters not one bit to me or the people who work for a living. There are some who go on holiday in the summer but to me the summer holidays are the same as the rest of the year exept Christmas. Of course would be cool to have it next week but am not going to stress. Enough of that in my life as it is. :P

It's just a pain when Blizzard keeps holding out on us. No one wants a major content patch when it's September and everyone has to go back to work / school.

The only reason they are delaying the end of the season and the release of 7.3 is because they want it to be this "big" thing they'll announce at Gamescon. At this point Blizzard cares more about their PR stunts than customer satisfaction.
    Most of Europe is back at school/work already, and I'd imagine it's the same in most of the world.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Right now I doubt we'll have the patch 29th August like the 77 day "rule" would say, it's been very quiet, no pre load etc.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again