Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    If memories serves wasn't it 27% originally? That being said 23% isn't bad and you open yourself to further aura modification in the future.
    21% -> 25 -> 30 -> 23%

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    If memories serves wasn't it 27% originally? That being said 23% isn't bad and you open yourself to further aura modification in the future.
    It actually is bad...If we need that much of a buff to our abilities just to be around middle to upper middle then it's bad. It means things aren't working on a scaling level and it should be addressed in the next expansion. The chance that actually happens is borderline zero.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It actually is bad...If we need that much of a buff to our abilities just to be around middle to upper middle then it's bad. It means things aren't working on a scaling level and it should be addressed in the next expansion. The chance that actually happens is borderline zero.
    Its not as bad as it was pre-Legion. Critical strike is no longer the miserable stat that is was, and mastery is much better with the addition of Crystaline Swords and the relative strength of Remorseless Winter and Howling Blast. The accelerated resource generation present with the BoS build had to translate to lower baseline special attack damage. Now that BoS is being essentially redesigned they can afford to boost the AP coefficients and modifiers on specials and everything should be much better scaling wise.

Don't really see it productive to argue over whether scaling this expansion is better or worse than previous ones. What's clear is they absolutely haven't fixed the problem, since the spec needs a whopping 23% overall buff to remain competitive.

In their defense, after you pick the low-hanging fruit the like crit scaling and KM, it is a pretty challenging problem! And that's what I care about more than overall performance-- secondary stat scaling, which has been a massive problem this expansion, unusually seen early-on due to the way they implemented diminishing returns on secondary stats.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-08-21 at 02:29 AM.

To be Fair Frost did receive some massive nerfs to its single target, cleave and resource generation.

Just looking at logs from back in night hold with 895 ilvl my average HB on Krosus was 1,430,000 compared to looking at logs at 930 ilvl on Goroth with an average HB of 1,340,000.

50% nerf to helm legendary
    50% nerf to BR relic
    20% nerf to T19 4pc resource gen (ultimately gone now anyways)
    HRW massive nerf/"fix"
    If your unlucky and have to drop t19 2pc as well (low/no titanforge T19) which is a massive nerf to your cleave and sizeable single target nerf

in exchange we have received 5% buff across the board, Pillar that lasts 6 extra seconds and on average gives 29-31% strength instead of standard 20%.

in 7.3 the parts of the FDK that has the worst scaling Obliterate will be pushed to the forefront while our Frost dmg attacks BoS + Rime have been gutted due to synergy (HRW, T19-2/4pc, Freezing fog) or by multiple 50% nerfs to its relics/leggies.

So the need for a 23% buff makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    To be Fair Frost did receive some massive nerfs to its single target, cleave and resource generation.

Just looking at logs from back in night hold with 895 ilvl my average HB on Krosus was 1,430,000 compared to looking at logs at 930 ilvl on Goroth with an average HB of 1,340,000.

50% nerf to helm legendary
    50% nerf to BR relic
    20% nerf to T19 4pc resource gen (ultimately gone now anyways)
    HRW massive nerf/"fix"
    If your unlucky and have to drop t19 2pc as well (low/no titanforge T19) which is a massive nerf to your cleave and sizeable single target nerf

in exchange we have received 5% buff across the board, Pillar that lasts 6 extra seconds and on average gives 29-31% strength instead of standard 20%.

in 7.3 the parts of the FDK that has the worst scaling Obliterate will be pushed to the forefront while our Frost dmg attacks BoS + Rime have been gutted due to synergy (HRW, T19-2/4pc, Freezing fog) or by multiple 50% nerfs to its relics/leggies.

So the need for a 23% buff makes sense
    See that was the thing, frost received a lot of nicks here and there while we where still in NH tier. The throne breaker nerf , what you mentioned etc.. AND Of course those nicks added up over time and you end up with the currently under performing frost. Which lead me to wonder is blizz aware that with all these "little nerfs" here and there that frost is going to end up in a bad spot, where they aware and just did not care or was frost doing so well in NH that they did not think that the "little" nerfs would amount to much? (which of course is wrong and that is why frost is getting buffed).

Like with the legendary helm nerf, it made sense when everyone was rocking the old tier set, but come TOS is the nerf still needed especially considering how they nerfed the old tier set.

According to the patch notes, the aura is going to be at 14%. But, this very well could be a typo

Frost
    All damage increased by 14%.

Deleted
    What is dead may never die ! Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    According to the patch notes, the aura is going to be at 14%. But, this very well could be a typo

Frost
    I really hoping I could go back to frost but after today's patch notes I lost hope. DMG aura went from 30% to 23% and now 14%...
    on top of that, the AoE combo is also gone with the new talent tree re-arrangement. didn't test the numbers on the PTR, but it doesn't look promising.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I really hoping I could go back to frost but after today's patch notes I lost hope. DMG aura went from 30% to 23% and now 14%...
    on top of that, the AoE combo is also gone with the new talent tree re-arrangement. didn't test the numbers on the PTR, but it doesn't look promising.
    30% was clearly a little high, and as such they tuned that down to 23% which was close to the 21% it originally was put to.
    As I said too, that could be a patch note typo

15+ Year Old Account
    Will Soul of the Deathlord actually be usable for frost DK come 7.3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Frost
    Well currently Frost DK's have an 8% aura modifier on live right? We were at 3% then they added another 5% because of the HRW bug/fix. So perhaps the "additional" 14% means on top of the current 8%, which would put it at 22%.

30% was clearly a little high, and as such they tuned that down to 23% which was close to the 21% it originally was put to.
    As I said too, that could be a patch note typo
    Probably incomplete/not updated notes. I didn't see the buffs to portal of the underworld for unholy on there, unless that got scrapped somewhere in testing.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Exotath View Post
    Probably incomplete/not updated notes. I didn't see the buffs to portal of the underworld for unholy on there, unless that got scrapped somewhere in testing.
    Gonna be pretty upset if its 14%, Already told my guild I'm probably quiting if Frost isnt a top 8ish spec. Not worth playing this game anymore when I dont have fun.

I think it's 14% because the aura is already at 8% on live servers, but if not, frost just got the short end of the stick being today the worst dps in the game and receiving a mechanical nerf overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Gonna be pretty upset if its 14%, Already told my guild I'm probably quiting if Frost isnt a top 8ish spec. Not worth playing this game anymore when I dont have fun.
    I'm not raiding atm, was hoping 7.3 would get me back into it cause of the frost buff.....but if they dropped it down to 14% I'll probably completely unsub.....cause that's just laughable.

I can't believe after all these years Blizz is still one of those companies that changes things without having a proven solution. I'm not a fan of BoS but at least it allowed for some viability. In who's mind was it a good idea to remove that gameplay without sufficient compensation when we were already outclassed by pretty much all other DPS even with BoS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    I think it's 14% because the aura is already at 8% on live servers, but if not, frost just got the short end of the stick being today the worst dps in the game and receiving a mechanical nerf overall.
    Why you guys think the stat aura is now 14%. This would not be an 14% increase in damage.
    1.08*1.14=1.23. So the 23% stat aura from the ptr is a 14% increase in damage. But maybe blizz proves me wrong.

Deleted
    Good to see these changes coming. Looks like I'll be getting the DK out of the bin again.

And I just got my Seal of Necrofantasia too ... still missing Toravon/Koltira/Cold heart, I guess it's back to KJBW/whatever for me.