Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah lets have the most sought after for information a player wants to hear at a random convention when we could release it at our very own convention.

I am sure they have all the information at their disposal to announce the Expansion, it makes WAY more sense for them to release it at Blizzcon which is only a few months away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Doesn't matter how long it takes if they keep supplying new content. Relax.
    Which they won't.

I was randomly browsing the forums and had to register to write on this topic.

Is this place always so hostile and aggressive? %70 of the posts that had been posted on this topic are beyond horrible. And those people seem to have loads of messages so I guess behaviour such as this tolerated here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Yeah lets have the most sought after for information a player wants to hear at a random convention when we could release it at our very own convention.

I am sure they have all the information at their disposal to announce the Expansion, it makes WAY more sense for them to release it at Blizzcon which is only a few months away.
    This post could be from 2015. Gamescom, a random convention, lol. It draws more visitors than Blizzcon.

Another one of those incompetent companies making millions a month, what failures!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Prior to linking the stories of one expansion to the next. BC, Wrath and Cata were stand alone in many ways, it has not been that way since then.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets also completely ignore the fact that the release rate and timing in legion has been completely different from previous expansions. Their pacing is completely different, aswell as its the first expansion since they basically stated they wouldnt aim for 1-1.5year expansions anymore. Cheer up, and start QQing when there actually is something to cry about.

No, they're not.

Assuming some magical law of nature forces an expansion that could have been announced two months earlier to also be released two months later... why is that difference suddenly unacceptable, but the alternative would have been perfectly fine?

Once you're past the 6/8/10 months of no content, it doesn't matter if it takes 12 or 14, the amount of people that keep playing through a content drought will most likely be stable at that point.

Oh my! Didn't get what you wanted? Awww...too bad. And Blizzard is somehow responsible for not catering to your own head canon on how things should be? Just do yourself a favor and think for a second. This is Blizzard's game and they will stick to whichever schedule they seem fit to follow for said game. They found there was no need to announce the next expansion just yet, even if the stars and planets and dates align according to other announcements that happened in the past. There is no incompetence here, they decided they are focusing on people coming back right now for 7.3 and do the content that they prepared for the upcoming months. They will reveal the next expansion on Blizzcon, like it has always been with exception on Legion, and people will get excited like always and add more fuel to their game. These are business and marketing reasons, nothing to the state of next expansion's alpha progress or anything of the sort.

So, like many people have said over this forums, you only have to blame yourself and your sense of entitlement on the development of a game you don't make and how that contrast with your fantasies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    Lets also completely ignore the fact that the release rate and timing in legion has been completely different from previous expansions. Their pacing is completely different, aswell as its the first expansion since they basically stated they wouldnt aim for 1-1.5year expansions anymore. Cheer up, and start QQing when there actually is something to cry about.
    MoP had a similar release schedule for a year. Then no content for 14 months. The expansion is not even announced. It needs to go to beta. It won't come out this year. It won't come out before Summer 2018. It will likely be out in late 2018 if they announce it in November 2017.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know....

It's been one of my better performing stocks for the past 5ish years. They can't be all that incompetent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which they won't.
    They won't keep releasing new content?

^ Probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum, and I've been here for years so that's saying something.

7+ Year Old Account
    "i didnt get what i wanted, so they are stupid and incompetent failures!"

honestly, your constant hate-boner threads are just getting sad at this point.

Formerly known as Arafal

There's still THREE more days (it's after midnight in germany already) of gamescom. anything can happen. ion only said, the reveal ceremony will be 7.3 only. no mention, there won't be anything else in the coming days.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They announced Cataclysm at the same Blizzcon that they announced ICC. Your argument is invalid.
    From your OP though, it was also 16 months between Cataclysm's announcement and release.
    If from your other post, the next expansion won't release until November 2018, that's still one year between 7.3.5 (estimated) and the expansion.

Also consider the timeframe of this year's Blizzcon, when the expansion is likely to be announced just before the launch (?) of 7.2.5 and the final raid. Pretty similar to the ICC/Cataclysm relationship you're pointing out.

Expansion announced just before the last raid is released. Sound familiar?
    In other words, not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I would like to point out this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Gamescon/page4

Where @Anduin Menethil stated, he knew with certainty, that an expansion would be announced at Gamescom. It is post #68. And now he knows, somehow, that they didn't have enough content to reveal.
    So you say he was just pretending to know stuff just to get some sort of validation and then threw a hissy fit when his speculation proved no more right than any other random person in here?

I AM SHOCKED!

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I think that as soon as a huge ptr build comes out, like it did 2 months ago, thats when they should have dropped the trailer.
    Fair, that's your opinion. Pretty sure Blizz marketing department knows better though (and anyone else really that works in game biz), that when you release a 'launch' trailer, it's supposed to be near the time that you are 'launching' the product you are making a 'launch' trailer about. Get it?

I think someone is just insecure that they were proven wrong.

Cause I see a childish response to a childish expectation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason they didn't manage to announce the next expansion was because they didn't have enough ready to show yet. At this rate, if they only introduce this expansion at Blizzcon, then that means having to wait another year, because that is usually the case, since it takes time for the beta to start and to go through. I mean let's look at the time between announcement and release.
    First of all, let us make it clear. The reason YOU BELIEVE they didn't manage to announce the next expansion.

And seriously, Legion announcement last time was bullshit, took some thunder away from BlizzCon. Announcements should only be at BlizzCon.

-snipped the unnecessary stuff-

So over the years it ranged from 11-16 months. 11 months at the minimum, or 16 months in the worst case. The last two have been 12 months in between announcement and release.

So if they announce the expansion on November 3rd 2017 at Blizzcon... then 11 months later would be a release date of October 2018 and 16 months later would be a release date of March 2019.

So depending on how fast we'll see it, it's gonna be October 2018 - March 2019. Personally I'm gonna bet on 12 months, so it would be November 2018.

Have fun with 16 months of Argus.
    Some math you've got going there. First of all, ditch the general patterns, can't be trusted.

I am guessing..

7.3 - Next week (confirmed)
    7.3.5 - After BlizzCon but before Christmas.
    Crossover about 6 months later
    8.x - About August/September 2018.

So, if we go by your method.
    Announcement: BlizzCon, november - 2017.
    Release: August/September - 2018.

About, 10-12 months.

That is, if we don't count massive drought.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    Hahaha people thought the next expansion would be revealed at gamescon? Jesus christ that is stupid
    To many people if you ask me!

This guy, pushed it hard as if it was gospel or a written down fact. Now the salt is real and its hilarious, even though his dumb ideas got in his own way of actual proper thought