Oh my, just saw the thing on the front page. Zandalari clue? I kneeeew they would add it if they added Kul'Tiras. Or maybe it's just to troll us (pun intended) and to send us on the wrong path.

PS: Oh sh*t, I reread it and they removed the Kul'Tiras stuff too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Oh my, just saw the thing on the front page. Zandalari clue? I kneeeew they would add it if they added Kul'Tiras. Or maybe it's just a troll to send us on the wrong path.

PS: Oh shit, I reread it and they removed the Kul'Tiras shit too?
    Files are still there, the icons were removed from the listfile or something (shaggy parrot explained it a page or 2 back)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The only thing this list adds in value for us is that we don't have to guess filenames for interface files. Even if they wouldn't be on this list, we can see the files being added, changed or even deleted, we just wouldn't know what to call them without guessing the filename. We'd refer to them by ID. You can see this happen a lot here. The page I linked has one unknown file, we can still extract it etc we just don't know what to call it.

You can type in unnamed in the search bar on the page I linked to see all the files we currently don't know a name of.
    Interesting. So we'd have to guess what it could be based on the contents of the file (Apparently the type of the file is specified) or is there any other way to get the filename? I can imagine that even if you know how to properly interpret the file (I assume most are models, textures, meshes something along those lines), it might be very difficult to give meaning to them.

EDIT: Edited for readability. Typing (and English) are not my strong suits.
    Last edited by RoshuanEU; 2017-08-25 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Files are still there, the icons were removed from the listfile or something (shaggy parrot explained it a page or 2 back)
    Thanks Shadochi, I'm gonna go and read. The only time I thought I could skip pages, this happens haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Nobody is entirely sure on true identity of Boubouille but a brief disappearance through 2012 is usually attributed to something akin to witness protection ("La Protection des Témoins") following the MMO-C leak of the Mists of Pandaria expansion of the same year. Since then, (s)he has been held up in the Mozambique embassy in Cairo, Egypt.
    Now that's an expansion I can join a #team for.

Nobody is entirely sure on true identity of Boubouille but a brief disappearance through 2012 is usually attributed to something akin to witness protection ("La Protection des Témoins") following the MMO-C leak of the Mists of Pandaria expansion of the same year. Since then, (s)he has been held up in the Mozambique embassy in Cairo, Egypt.
    Who knew running a Curse website would put you in the same shoes as Julian Assange and Edward Snowden.

7+ Year Old Account
    All three of them are great heroes in their own right and should be celebrated. I think in a hundred years, people will look back and remember them as paragons of integrity and possibly the most influential men of the first half of the 21st century.
    If that is the way humanity is headed in I must say, faith in humanity.... RESTORED!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic but the little doggo in your signature almost a scared me

All three of them are great heroes in their own right and should be celebrated. I think in a hundred years, people will look back and remember them as paragons of integrity and possibly the most influential men of the first half of the 21st century.
    Children all over the world will learn of the poor Orcauren who was not representitve of the final product. MILLIONS. I wish I wasnt on my phone so I could post him. He is my second favorite MMOC joke. Behind Splashran and ahead of The Azshara Login Screen obviously.

Edit:

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol that Orcauren inspired my old avatar. Good times. https://i.imgur.com/ciH5lT9.png

Deleted
    German MMO magazine buffed (with heavy focus on WoW) had an interview at the gamescom with Hazzikostas. They have not done the whole transcript yet, but legacy servers are currently not relevant. Which is good, because they could focus on the current development. No hints about the next expansion yet.

http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...escom-1236909/

I am just going to go ahead and predict a South Sea expansion since that seems to be where everything's headed and I just like being able to quote myself and pretend I predict things in advance once the expansion comes. Is there a team for that?
    F that. Island Hopping expac. Visit all the places. See the dragon isles. See the trolls
    See the Sea Mages. See the Nanners on Tel'Abim. Do it all! Throw in an old god and a dreadlord for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Why do people find it so hard to believe that the expansion will last 21-23 months instead of 24-28? 23 is about the average. That would be late July. Im still all in on June. I might be wrong, but im gonna be optimistic.
    June and July are just months that don't "qualify" for an expansion release. Either it's going to be before June or after July but not during those two months. Blizzard has released 5(4) expansions in Fall and 1(2) in Winter. They're not going to release one in Summer and they're not going to do this when they have to make the final tier last for only 6 months.

So yes, sure it could happen, but it's as unlikely as an expansion announcement at Gamescom *sigh*
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    De' Zandalari never give up! We never forget. We never die... 'Dis is our land. You wanna stay, you stay here forever! We gonna bury you here.
    Nice try, but ya not stealing ma speech we are the only ones! Amani empire nevah die.

Jokes aside, cant wait to see zandalar

You know a lot of computer-y sounding words, Marlamin. Can't you just go overclock the UNIX django and basic the DDoS root to disencrypt their kilobytes with a backdoor handshake so you can hack into Blizzard and leak the expansion?
    The problem is that hacking into the new expansion requires Gnomish engineering technology that's only available in the new expansion. It's a bit of a Catch-22 situation.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    The problem is that hacking into the new expansion requires Gnomish engineering technology that's only available in the new expansion. It's a bit of a Catch-22 situation.
    We need to attach the high speed CGI malware. Use the wireless CGI application, then you can hack the high speed port. Transcoding the pixel won't do anything, we need to bypass the cross-platform CPU hard drive.

Disclaimer: I used this site to generate that nonsense, IRL I'm a software engineering student so I know this is BS.

Bookmarking that site.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

The tech and audio jargon sound almost authentic, but the excuses are just bad :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The tech and audio jargon sound almost authentic, but the excuses are just bad :P
    To someone that knows even a bit about tech stuff the tech and audio will be absolute BS, but you can easily use it to trick people who dont know anything into thinking you're smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    To someone that knows even a bit about tech stuff the tech and audio will be absolute BS, but you can easily use it to trick people who dont know anything into thinking you're smart.
    It's almost like CSI Cyber where a whole security system is hacked just by swiping a smartphone!

If you want to make it sound more convincing, you could say you tried to DDOS their servers by using remote shel commands on previously hacked systems to overload their servers. Problem is: You can't hack in to steal information, as access would be blocked to you as well.

You could always try to phish your way inside, but even with good proxies, you are at risk of having your mail server being found out, as well as yourself.

Meh I've run out of ideas, I'm not a hacker myself lol. let's just stick to CSI Cyber level. Have you tried to infiltrate their servers with source data by going to their website on a tablet and use that special button on your tablet to gain access to their most darkest secrets?