Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What if all of this is just baits, and the expansion takes us all by complete surprise at Blizzcon?
    Actually, it would be quite possible. MoP took us all by surprise!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    a memefest.

this thread needs some avatar the last airbender/legend of korra gifs.
    Here is this if underwater xpac gets confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here is this if underwater xpac gets confirmed.

we need gigantic snake like sea monsters

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    In that case, grab a pint and sit back and enjoy the (long) ride.
    This thread in 2 months.

its not that bad.

Well, it could be worse (I'll be nice).

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    7.3 had to launch when there's finally a Destiny 2 beta for PC =_=

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post

ETA: Okay so I just saw this. Is that a female Ethereal?
    Nah, just new model.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I probably would have seen it if it was already posted but in case it wasn't, but Ion was asked to give more information based on the datamined Kul Tiras leak in this interview.

So not admitting to anything but not denying it either while saying to not trust datamining too much. Hmm, they trained him well!
    Yeah I mean he was a lawyer. Hes batting the xpac questions away like

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    To be honest, he is doing the job really good. Under his "reign" we've got the dev Q&A's which brought a lot more dev interaction with the community. And after that Argus mic drop at Blizzcon 2016 he became my favorite Blizzar dev.
    Only after Metzen right? No one beats Metzen.

- - - Updated - - -

He was such an iconic Blizzard figure. That guy could sell you used toiletpaper and would make it sound epic as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Trying to deal with the song. It's a love-hate kinda relationship right now.
    Really am I the only one truely enjoying it? And I'm not even a Swiftie!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=270612/b...on-hazzikostas

the fatboss interview is quite interesting.
    Yeah these are the most interesting points I saw.

There is more story after Antorus - a "small patch or two."

Item levels and health pools are very high, so it's very likely we are getting a stat squish. Blizzard has learned a lot from the last stat squish and wants to do it in a better way. Ion also wants to look at the concept of item levels - right now it's a bit meaningless. For example, going from Burning Crusade to Wrath, you go from ilvl 115 to 200 and gain +2 intellect. Then when you hit max level, every item level boost is a huge deal. The concept of item level has to be normalized.

The Artifact system is unique to Legion, but it's quite possible that tech could be used in future expansions. It's valuable to have a progression system in place, separate from item level, for max level players that involves choice and customization.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Metzen's never been the WoW guy though, he was like the godfather of Blizzard as a whole. An ampt comparison would be Tom Chilton who was director before Ion, who barely appeared anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Disagree.

The measure of how good a job Ion is doing is in the game. Who cares about how well he is holding up in the interviews (= how well he is deflecting questions, which, if you think about it, is a pretty strange thing to praise him for as a player). It's the game that is his job that matters.

And going directly for the jugular: is the game good? Is Legion good? I don't think it is. As in, it is better than WoD, but players are still leaving big time and there are so many big, big, big problems piling up on top of each other, that the game is more or less buried under them.

Look into the future. The most one could hope for is that the next expansion will *maybe* clean the slate a bit and *not make things worse*. It is abundantly clear that the next expansion will NOT solve any of the big issues and will not do anything radically good - like, for example, we will still obviously have the extreme time gates, and we will still obviously have the extreme grinds, and we will still obviously have two hundred recolors / renumbers of the same instances masquerading as "tons of content" (with the word "new" wisely omitted), and the story will obviously continue to be trash cartoons, etc, etc, etc - no, nobody expects that the new expansion will actually fix anything. The most people could hope for is that the new expansion *will not ADD more big issues to the existing bouquet*. That's it.

So, no. Ion is not doing a good job. It is unclear to me to what extent he is actually driving this vehicle, but the vehicle is going down so far, not up.
    Most of that existed back in even TBC. WoW just isnt for you anymore. Its okay to move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You're right, LFG was introduced(DERP) Hrothgar's Landing was a zone. ICC had the three dungeons. Again DERP DERP DERP.

This is what happens with my memory
    Still think 7.3 has more work put into it than 3.3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Hrothgar's Landing is a rock in the sea though with just a few dailies, so it's not like "proper" content.
    The 3 dungeons while amazing are also just reskins of Icecrown and ICC. I wish they would do that more. Why not have winged dungeons again? Im fine with a tier having reskinned dungeons if that dungeons in that tier have some new art unique to that tier, and if there are more than 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    If you're gonna go by PvP participation for how bad Legion is then why not look at how good it is by checking how many max level players are still participating in dungeons that were available on launch compared to the previous expansions. I bet that compared to some, it's maybe even an order of magnitude higher.
    Probably the highest since Cata. Maybe even Wrath.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Metzen is no longer a blizz dev /cry (but if you wanna count the ones that left/retired then yeah)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yes, but unfortunately the problem specific for WoW now is that they cannot afford having both ranked and unranked solo queues. They managed to break PVP so badly and there are so few people participating that they just don't have enough for both queues to survive - people will simply choose one queue and the other will be empty. (And it is going to be unranked due to the current stigma.)

All ranked it is.
    Id be fine with all ranked tbh. Sure I might only have a 1000 rating, but at least ill be paired with people my skill level more often than not.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if WoW comes to an end for all heroes. Illidan sees Argus as a suicide mission, what if all heroes need to give their lives to save Azeroth? This could lead to a renewed Azeroth, where every character has to start from scratch, with new factions, new classes, new everything. Perhaps even a whole new game. I think it's plausible that Metzen secretly works on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean unless Argus the Unmaker isn't in the dungeon journal when 7.3. is live...well I wanna know what's up.
    Imagine they will add it in one of the last builds of 7.3.5, or might even unlock it via hotfix once a guild reaches the final boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    INB4 they end up announcing a 'special event' a month from now. -.-
    JainaKulTirasSpecialEvent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Can this thread be bigger and better than the 7.0 one? We can do it guys!
    No, because WoD was terrible and people were desperate. I predict only half the posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if WoW comes to an end for all heroes. Illidan sees Argus as a suicide mission, what if all heroes need to give their lives to save Azeroth? This could lead to a renewed Azeroth, where every character has to start from scratch, with new factions, new classes, new everything. Perhaps even a whole new game. I think it's plausible that Metzen secretly works on that.
    Metzen is in retired mode and the end of Legion has already been datamined and it's...not that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It will be bigger, trust me!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    He was such an iconic Blizzard figure. That guy could sell you used toiletpaper and would make it sound epic as fuck.
    indeed.

"World of Warcraft: 90% off on toilet paper"

now read that in metzens voice

side note: i hope my sig isnt too annoying.

Formerly known as Arafal