Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Shaman St nerfed again - this is really just a bad joke
    I don't know what the fuck is blizz thinking with that latest builds, nerfing many of the worse specs (on live) - BM, ele, enh, ww

Deleted
    You do have to keep in mind this is the PTR, so this is a change relative to the other changes that have already been made. So we are still getting a 6% overall damage aura, although chain lightning spell coefficient is lowered by 6% so that spell won't change from live. In addition earth shock is I think currently 1150% SP on live and was buffed to 1300% on the PTR so the change to 1230% is still an 80% SP buff in addition to a 6% aura.

So while I hardly think the earthshock buff in place was overpowered, elemental is still getting a significant damage increase when 7.3 goes live.

I miss our AOE before Earthquake.. Sure it was just CL spam but I really liked that. I'd much rather have a 1.5sec base cast CL that hits like a truck and lose EQ .. I guess designers and many players don't agree?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I miss our AOE before Earthquake.. Sure it was just CL spam but I really liked that. I'd much rather have a 1.5sec base cast CL that hits like a truck and lose EQ .. I guess designers and many players don't agree?
    I'd be happy if they made it maybe 50% stronger but cost 100 maelstrom. EQ feels really bad since you have to cast it almost as much as chain lightning which feels awkward. Making it cost 100 maelstrom instead of 50 but only be 50% stronger would mean you virtually always want to prioritise it over chain lightning while at the same time never having it compete with Earth Shock single target which seems to be the major issue blizz have with balancing it currently.

At the same time maybe having chain lightning give less maelstrom per target as target number increases or something. That way you'll always want to use chain lightning over lightning bolt at 2 targets but you won't be so flooded with maelstrom when you CL on 4-5 targets. Both of those changes combined might mean we use EQ every 4 or so chain lightnings which would feel so much better.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    I'd be happy if they made it maybe 50% stronger but cost 100 maelstrom. EQ feels really bad since you have to cast it almost as much as chain lightning which feels awkward.
    Pretty much this. I really liked the wod earthquake since it was a 10 sec cd and there was no debate on whether you use it or not since you needed to hit 3 targets with CL for the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZero View Post
    Pretty much this. I really liked the wod earthquake since it was a 10 sec cd and there was no debate on whether you use it or not since you needed to hit 3 targets with CL for the buff.
    Yeah, it was kinda nice. I honestly think the current iteration of EQ has caused so many issues, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get a major overhaul next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

For example, take a BM Hunter, you got an AoE Stun and Bloodlust covered, along with passable AoE, an immunity and 100% free mobility.

Not everything is shit about Elemental, but don't try to sell this spec as somehow "secretly awesome".
    And a combat ress just to add to the list...

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/901073778981122050

We're pretty happy overall with the shaman defensive toolkit. Astral Shift as a talent is a very powerful option as well as a couple of other things they can spec into. And as far as reincarnation goes: resto currently have a trait that help with that but for everybody it's an incredibly powerful ability. Second chance of life and timing popping back up around what's going on in the encounter is just part of the skill of using it.

AS is a talent!
    What can we spec into? poor mans version of blink/charge, stampeding roar or VE?
    And ofc, using that 30min cd is so reliable every pull during progress, nice to know it's still considered part of our defensive toolkit. XD
    I'll trade my ankh happily for a cheat death or immunity on 5min cd or a spammable feint.

I think Ion himself dumped his shaman already years ago as he doesn't even their toolkit anymore.

getting "silencing enhancement is like disarming a mage" flashbacks from GC... XD

Deleted
    OMFG he thinks Astral Shift is a talent option. So great guys.

That's the kind of developers we have to thank for that for Fallen Avatar and KilJaeden, both Shaman DPS specs are a heavy burden...

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    OMFG he thinks Astral Shift is a talent option. So great guys.

That's the kind of developers we have to thank for that for Fallen Avatar and KilJaeden, both Shaman DPS specs are a heavy burden...
    BE QUIET!

he'll remove gust of wind and put astral shift in its place as a talent.

ele is always overpowered, just has 0% representation in every highest aspect of the game like world top 10's and mythic+ lul.

Dangerous Half-Knowledge is written all over his head right there. But then again, Ion has been talking alot like this ever since he gave his first couple interviews on gamebreaker tv back in the panda days...

Deleted
    If he thinks AS is a talent option, what does he think are our baseline defensives?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    If he thinks AS is a talent option, what does he think are our baseline defensives?
    blizzard thinks? i thought it was just a monkey throwing poop at a roulette wheel, any normal human being could use intelligence and logic to fix this mess.

ele needs a mechanic that makes next lightning/chain instant cast .. needs to proc often too ..
    Also, I still don't understand why base cast time is 2sec when it used/should be 1.5sec for all lightning abilities
    Mastery Overload needs a buff so that it does 100% damage all the time and proc more often ,,,
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-08-26 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Also, I still don't understand why base cast time is 2sec when it used/should be 1.5sec for all lightning abilities
    Because Haste scaling.

They increased Lvb's casttime from 1.5 to 2.0 sec in MoP and compensated this via 25% lvb buff, still turned out to be decent buff overall simply because Haste got more valueable.

Honestly, spammable 1.5 casts are simply shit unless you have another mechanic that makes Haste so much better.

Are they just reverting back the new LB and CL animation? While I love they keep the old CL visual effect, I'm not a fan of current LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    BE QUIET!

he'll remove gust of wind and put astral shift in its place as a talent.

ele is always overpowered, just has 0% representation in every highest aspect of the game like world top 10's and mythic+ lul.
    That's why they peddle 'representation does not matter' poo at the player base whenever they highlight facts!

Such a fun spec to play but sadly has been CRAP at the beginning of EVERY expansion WoW ever put out .. and months from the end of the expansion it get some attention .. Thus lifting our spirits -those who love the spec- only top CRUSH US the beginning of the next expansion ..

To quote Holinka: '..Its (ele) turn..' Well he actually said Horde ..

Deleted
    While devs kneejerk reaction is rather disgusting, why exactly people complain about ele?

Bad st dps, no burst aoe, weak defensives, low mobility?

I mean we have bl, quasiblink, 12s interrupt, aoe stun+knockdowns.

All we need is just few numbers tuned and we ok. Im not saying i wouldnt enjoy 5min rez that resets each pull, but i'd say touch the classes that break mechanics, namely iceblock, rogue and turtle stance.

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    While devs kneejerk reaction is rather disgusting, why exactly people complain about ele?

All we need is just few numbers tuned and we ok. Im not saying i wouldnt enjoy 5min rez that resets each pull, but i'd say touch the classes that break mechanics, namely iceblock, rogue and turtle stance.
    because mages have iceblock hunters have turtle, so you bring those for immunities, guess what they also bring

1) lust

1 mobility spell amazing gust of wind that'll erm teach those bosses showing off my mobility.

2) wind shear great everyone has an interrupt

3) aoe stun? doesn't work on bosses so who cares

4) knockdown doesn't work on bosses who cares.

when ele's shit start affecting bosses then great, otherwise we're just stacked aoe+stun+knockdown which is no issue for any mythic encounter anyone can delete those adds, if you haven't noticed in ToS everything is spread out thats why balance druid is wrecking everyone on dps, starfall+moonfire+sunfire > cl+eq all day everyday every raid.

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post

Mages, BM Hunters, and the other two specs of Shaman have BL. Gust is a worse Disengage, not even anywhere near a blink. The next two are irrelevant on most fights. Our problems are more than just numbers, weak defensives, low mobility, and non-existent utility are some of the real culprits behind Ele's problems.