Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allinna View Post
    I gotta ask, how are people getting that many legendaries? I run ToS LFR (living in a hotel currently, my internet is garbage, so i dont risk regular raiding) every emissary every day and multiple Legionfall recompense and i have only gotten 2. But i have friends that seem to trip over legendaries every other day.
    Are your friends raiders as well? Raiders will sometimes be clearing ToS on all the settings pretty quickly on raid or off nights, Mythic+ keystones, daily caches, then recompense which can be racked up super quick by nether portal farming during when the disruptor is active.

edit: Hell I'm not a raider and I get one every two weeks from doing LFR ToS, normal Nighthold, Mythic+ farming, daily caches, and nether portals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I feel like if you play regularely and don't have every lege for at least 1 spec you are doing something wrong at this point
    I have 9 110's, I have between 1 and 4 legendaries on each of them. I try to do the world bosses on all of them every week, try to do the emissary caches on all of them at least 50% of the time (especially those factions I want a mount from), and I ocasionally go into normal EN and Nighthold for the Balance of Power quest with them.

So I think I'm faily average on the legendary department.

However, I noticed a heavy decline in drop rate. Might just be bad luck, or previous good luck though. From March to June, I got 1-2 legendaries per week. Now I went for many weeks without one, then 2 in the past few days. RNG is RNG, I guess.

I think once you have 5-6 it may slow down a bit from your initial collecting of them. I found the last 2 for fury I got one like every 2-3 weeks. Now collecting on arms/prot I don't have any of the specific lege's for that spec so I wonder if I will collect the first few for each spec quickly. End of the day it's all RNG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    All I can say is: thank fuck for that
    Who is fuck? Why are you thanking "fuck" for anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They don't want ppl to get more than 4-6 legendaries you mean.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a fucking lie of the most malicious sort. Barely anyone has more than 6.
    Its true, if you just log into alts once in awhile and do emmisary quests, by now you should have a full set of legs at least for one of your alt's specs. I have 12 max level toons on my main server, and every one of them has 7+ legs for their main spec.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Who is fuck? Why are you thanking "fuck" for anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Its true, if you just log into alts once in awhile and do emmisary quests, by now you should have a full set of legs at least for one of your alt's specs. I have 12 max level toons on my main server, and every one of them has 7+ legs for their main spec.
    HOW?!

As i said above i do emissary on my main and on 3 alts and for 4 toons i have 5 legendaries total, 3 of them on my main. This "just do emissary whenever" thing is clearly not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You're complaining that you won't "have to" go back and do obsolete content after Argus comes out? How many days would you need to grind Broken Shore WQ's before you've had enough?
    this has also made the command center missions worthless bet the reduced the ap form the campion's trophy also

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, it means I no longer have to do the nether portal farm, god what a snoozefest, but everytime I did it I would get 1 legendary so rip. Tbh though, im fine with it, as long as the towers don't take ages to go up. I think the ap should have stayed the same though just to give more of a reason to go back and actually contribute towards the towers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    edit: Hell I'm not a raider and I get one every two weeks from doing LFR ToS, normal Nighthold, Mythic+ farming, daily caches, and nether portals.
    Not everyone has 15 hours every day to spend on grinding all that stuff like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not everyone has 15 hours every day to spend on grinding all that stuff like you.
    None of that takes any time to do. LFR ToS can be done in a few hours once a week. Normal Nighthold is done in an hour.

That leaves daily cache and whatever mythic+ you do each week (I never do more than like 4-5) and portals you could squeeze into the nether disruptor period.

People troll trade chat for more time than it takes to knock out that simple list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Wrong. This tier is actually a great example of how Mythic raiders have had to main swap, particular weaker melee to rogues.

Also, to add to that, you assume that casual players equate to people who don't care about their own performance. Not every casual player likes to be strung along and carried through their guild runs. They like to contribute. Knowledge of a hefty limitation such as playing for half a year if you're unlucky might deter (and has deterred from people I know) these people away from the game.
    Uhh, what? I said a subset of mythic raiders were the only ones who really need their BiS legendaries. And then you disagree by saying a subset of mythic raiders needs to swap mains? LOL Generally, if you want to argue, you'll have more success if you say something different than the person you're arguing with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I'm saying there are catch up mechanics in place for every aspect of the game except for legendaries so that people can play current, relevant content, not be locked into running EN with the 4 other people who still want to. It's also asinine to say that heroic or normal mode raiders don't want to play competitively, that mythic raiders don't change characters or specs, or that new players aren't coming into the game. Is that what you are trying to say? I really don't understand.
    1) There have been catch-up mechanics around legendaries for many months, so your basic premise is wrong. Not sure where you've been, but anyone serious about playing the game gets 2 legendaries really quickly.

2) Your whole story is made-up nonsense. The discussion was around BiS legendaries and now you're talking about being stuck in EN? Wtf mate? You can hit 110, hardly do anything to get up to ilvl 860, go run ToS LFG for a few weeks and you're ready to do normal ToS no problem. Ilvl 900 is so absurdly easy right now, this stupid scenario you suggest is the reality for absolutely nobody. The only people doing EN are not doing it for general gear upgrades.

As far as your thoughts on being competitive, I'm guessing you either do not raid at all or you are a bad player who thinks your poor dps is due to missing legendaries. Being competitive and min-maxing are two different things. You can do all of heroic ToS without min-maxing. You can lose 5% dps, you can pick suboptimal specs, you can use the same spec for every fight even when changing it would help, etc, etc. Heroic just isn't that hard and any normal raid is going to have a huge range of parses nobody is going to notice. Sure, everyone would like all their best stuff and they want to do as much damage as possible, but a missing BiS legendary is no different than a missing trinket or a missing whatever. That is the nature of an MMO.

And you talk about mythic raider, who I already addressed. Yes, they do need to min-max and it is more important for them to have their best legendaries. However, the legionfall recompense is also going to be a much much smaller percentage of the total BLP they build so this change is the most insignificant for them.

Uhh, what? I said a subset of mythic raiders were the only ones who really need their BiS legendaries. And then you disagree by saying a subset of mythic raiders needs to swap mains? LOL Generally, if you want to argue, you'll have more success if you say something different than the person you're arguing with.
    That's not all you said. You also said this "has nothing to do with them." It absolutely does. LOL Generally, if you want to argue, you'll have more success if you say something that undermines the point of the person you're arguing with rather than the point itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Got my ALT's BiS legendary from there today...I was happily surprised when I got it it happened so soon after getting him to 110!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

1) There have been catch-up mechanics around legendaries for many months, so your basic premise is wrong. Not sure where you've been, but anyone serious about playing the game gets 2 legendaries really quickly.

2) Your whole story is made-up nonsense. The discussion was around BiS legendaries and now you're talking about being stuck in EN? Wtf mate? You can hit 110, hardly do anything to get up to ilvl 860, go run ToS LFG for a few weeks and you're ready to do normal ToS no problem. Ilvl 900 is so absurdly easy right now, this stupid scenario you suggest is the reality for absolutely nobody. The only people doing EN are not doing it for general gear upgrades.

As far as your thoughts on being competitive, I'm guessing you either do not raid at all or you are a bad player who thinks your poor dps is due to missing legendaries. Being competitive and min-maxing are two different things. You can do all of heroic ToS without min-maxing. You can lose 5% dps, you can pick suboptimal specs, you can use the same spec for every fight even when changing it would help, etc, etc. Heroic just isn't that hard and any normal raid is going to have a huge range of parses nobody is going to notice. Sure, everyone would like all their best stuff and they want to do as much damage as possible, but a missing BiS legendary is no different than a missing trinket or a missing whatever. That is the nature of an MMO.

And you talk about mythic raider, who I already addressed. Yes, they do need to min-max and it is more important for them to have their best legendaries. However, the legionfall recompense is also going to be a much much smaller percentage of the total BLP they build so this change is the most insignificant for them.
    I know no one is stuck in EN, that's what I freaking said. I can't argue with you if you can't follow a basic point. Judging by the rest of your replies, I think it's probably safe to ignore you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I know no one is stuck in EN, that's what I freaking said. I can't argue with you if you can't follow a basic point. Judging by the rest of your replies, I think it's probably safe to ignore you anyway.
    It's actually not what you said. Sorry I hurt your feelings. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If these are your concerns to shelf the game, you will certainly find petty stuff to cry about and not play in the next x-pac. Better quit right away ^^
    Honestly, the RNG involved with the legendaries is really my only complaint with the game. But god forbid there's things I don't like in the game. It's just annoying to try and catch up when they're taking out of one the (seemingly?) best ways to do that. Insofar as legendaries are concerned. Everything else is fine.

Sending people back to the Broken Shore to farm for legendaries is bad, we don't want that.

Sending people back to Emerald Nightmare LFR to farm legendaries is great, we do want that.

What happened to the old days when people were allowed to do whatever the fuck they want?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Sending people back to the Broken Shore to farm for legendaries is bad, we don't want that.

Sending people back to Emerald Nightmare LFR to farm legendaries is great, we do want that.
    Honestly people doing that are literally bad terrible players in bad terrible guilds that promote incredibly stupid and bad time wasting activities. No actual good guild is farming EN LFR for legendaries. In fact, the overwhelming majority of actual good players are already legendary capped across multiple toons.

Even if you're the most average mid level player, farming EN LFR for legendaries is a complete waste of time and you're stupid. Not having those legendaries is not your problem if you feel like that's what you should be doing over improving your actual gameplay and raid strategies.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Honestly people doing that are literally bad terrible players in bad terrible guilds that promote incredibly stupid and bad time wasting activities. No actual good guild is farming EN LFR for legendaries. In fact, the overwhelming majority of actual good players are already legendary capped across multiple toons.

Even if you're the most average mid level player, farming EN LFR for legendaries is a complete waste of time and you're stupid. Not having those legendaries is not your problem if you feel like that's what you should be doing over improving your actual gameplay and raid strategies.
    Your entire premise is based on people playing all expansion and also excludes new players.

Clearly removing the chance for legendary on the turn in for buildings is a major problem for people returning.

Even tho their are no numbers on how big impact they had on the BLP its pretty cleary they give some. I jsut came back from the game and i have gained like a legendary every 10-14 days from just doing some ToS raiding, emisarries and turning in BS dailies.

I was just looking forward to a nice speedy way to get new leggos - whats the best way now in 7.3 ? is their any way to do the same as BS WQ?