I really want a "Deposit All Currency/Essence" button for my Inventory. I'll even buy it.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I started a bit before 3.0. Tried an arc witch, SRS, sunder marauder.

Then I went flame totem pizza sticks templar. Now that I have higher cast speed on him I feel like all my other characters are pointless. Highly recommend, one shotting packs, destroying bosses, and the BOOM from flameblast is just... soooooo goooooooooooooooooooood.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    I started a bit before 3.0. Tried an arc witch, SRS, sunder marauder.

Then I went flame totem pizza sticks templar. Now that I have higher cast speed on him I feel like all my other characters are pointless. Highly recommend, one shotting packs, destroying bosses, and the BOOM from flameblast is just... soooooo goooooooooooooooooooood.
    At what level did you switch to totems? i have a lvl 45 fb totem guy im leveling now using firestorm with flame totem as i level and it's doing good, think i will switch soon but i have low cast speed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I'm a fan. Already picked up stash tabs (holy shit currency tab is the best thing), but depending on pricing this will likely be my next purchase. Armors are dope, but dunno if they're $40 dope : P
    raven ragin spirits is on 95 credits so its not to bad.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    At what level did you switch to totems? i have a lvl 45 fb totem guy im leveling now using firestorm with flame totem as i level and it's doing good, think i will switch soon but i have low cast speed.
    I stuck with firestorm and GC totem until around 50, when I started getting higher cast speed via gear and skill tree. I would not recommend switching to totems before that, unless you're down with herding mobs/temp chains every pack. I just threw flameblast totem on every now and then until it felt right, and then it was boom boom boom from then.

Daggers, scepters, shields, rings, gloves, passives are where I find most cast speed. Also Inquisitor ascension helped. Don't be bummed if it's lame when you first try it, because it is with low cast speed. Try it, if it works do it up, if it's still too slow throw glacial cascade in your totem and switch to the cold dmg aura until you get that cast speed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The only way I've ever been able to feel like I'm getting value for my money for mtx is by buying a $60 supporter pack that has an armor set I like. It gives you all that stuff and 550 points to spend on whatever you want, preferably when they're on sale.

Shame that the Harbinger supporter packs are so ugly. The league rewards are pretty bad this time around too. The only cool thing about them are the glowing eyes, which is the very first reward you get from the league. At least the Outlaw pack armor looks sweet even if I can't stand the weapon effects that come along with it.

They really do need a way to preview things on your character before you buy them though. A lot of sets look terrible on certain classes because of issues like the templar's giraffe neck, duelist's huge head and chest, and marauder just looking fat in a lot of stuff.
    Yeah, I grabbed the outlaw pack and have been pretty happy. I think you are right in that's the best way to spend, as you get almost the same amount of points + the goodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to beating Shaper and Guardians on my summoner. Was trying to wait until I got at least one 6 link, but my 6 linking luck this league appears to be shit. Spent all the currency I've earned outside of my extremely low budget gear on fusings and still have nothing to show for it. So I decided to just do them with a 5 link and see how it goes. Turns out that 5 links are more than enough for this build to kill them as long as you avoid the obviously bad mods for guardian maps.

Shaper is definitely easier than the guardians for me. Mostly because their rooms get cluttered fast and when you have an army of skeletons spamming spells on your screen it becomes very hard to see what the hell is going on. Shaper's room is bare and as long as you're running in a circle around Shaper he shouldn't be able to outright kill you with his beam or ball spam.

I guess all that leaves left to do is Uber Atziri, but that won't be for awhile due to how expensive the pieces are for the map. Will probably aim for 6 links before attempting her.

Overall I'm happy that the build ended up being good. When I first started it I was worried that trying to fit spectres and skeletons into one build would just work against me. So it's great to see that it's capable of killing guardians and shaper with budget gear and no 6 links.

Here's a link to the character(SkellyMage) if anyone wants to try something like that out https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...n56/characters
    Any reason you are using the MoM passive and the Cloak of Defiance at the same time?

Deleted
    So i have already reach the start of act 7, my 6 chars will be finishing act 6 by the end of this week, and i have to say once you understand some basic mechanics, the game is absolutely amazing.
    Boss encounters are better than i expected in a game not develop with a throng of resources at their disposal, and in a game of point and click, they have managed to make them feel dark soulesque.
    But although i am loving the game, i do understand why the genre it is so niche, and why a lot of people will stay away from it.
    It is not the difficulty, nor the not shinny graphics, i think the worst thing the game has by a huge margin it is the constant micromanaging it forces you to do, because of backpack and stash limitations.
    Somebody will say that GGG needs the stash limitation because of the bussiness model, but that is not a excuse for D3, as it´s bussiness model does not depend on selling stash space, and there we have the exact same issues that in POE, well except for the portal and identify scrolls, that honestly i do not know why those still exist in any ARPG.
    The genre has indeed huge potential for becoming not so niche, but only provided they manage to get rid of these micromanaging things that will avoid the genre growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Somebody will say that GGG needs the stash limitation because of the bussiness model, but that is not a excuse for D3, as it´s bussiness model does not depend on selling stash space, and there we have the exact same issues that in POE, well except for the portal and identify scrolls, that honestly i do not know why those still exist in any ARPG.
    The genre has indeed huge potential for becoming not so niche, but only provided they manage to get rid of these micromanaging things that will avoid the genre growth.
    PoE came out to hit the market for the D2 crowd because D3 sucked as a "grinding game".

Every time any of those stuff is mentioned, that Scroll of ID/Portal arent needed, you get the same counter reaction of "ARPG" AKA "ITS HOW D2 DID IT!!!111ELEVEN".

Archaic but what can you do, along with the fact there are 20 scroll of wisdows down, and you must pick them one by one instead of Vacuum picking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    PoE came out to hit the market for the D2 crowd because D3 sucked as a "grinding game".

Every time any of those stuff is mentioned, that Scroll of ID/Portal arent needed, you get the same counter reaction of "ARPG" AKA "ITS HOW D2 DID IT!!!111ELEVEN".

Archaic but what can you do, along with the fact there are 20 scroll of wisdows down, and you must pick them one by one instead of Vacuum picking.
    I have seen hundreds of reasons for people to bash D3, but honestly i do not recall anyone bashing it because it got rid of portal and identifying scrolls.
    Do you think anyone would be upset if they were to remove those from POE?, i do not think so.

Deleted
    So having just picked this up and NEVER played it before, what are some good sites/videos/etc. for a beginner? The possibilities and everything seem a bit huuuuuuuuuge for a newcomer.

Anything would be quite the help really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So having just picked this up and NEVER played it before, what are some good sites/videos/etc. for a beginner? The possibilities and everything seem a bit huuuuuuuuuge for a newcomer.

Anything would be quite the help really.
    I am playing it blind, but i do search for concepts i have doubts with, such as how certain mechanics work, and the wikipedia and some youtube videos have been very usefull.
    Also ask in chat, there are some trolls, but there are also a lot of nice players that will help you.
    Also, in my case, the character tab is my friend, i am constantly checking it out whenever i do equip/unequip anything, and the ingame help tab helps quite a lot too, but you do not have inmediate acces to it´s content, it unlocks as you progress your char, but it really helps.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-08-28 at 11:03 AM.

I have seen hundreds of reasons for people to bash D3, but honestly i do not recall anyone bashing it because it got rid of portal and identifying scrolls.
    Do you think anyone would be upset if they were to remove those from POE?, i do not think so.
    I am not bashing D3, the PoE tryhards are, dont confuse.

PoE is an amazing game, with 0 quality of life changes making it an annoying disgusting game at most times, which is why it always had a niche crowd of people while even more bought the Necromancer pack despite D3 being an inferior game, its far superior at "Not making your eye twitch" about the lack of QoL.

Some of their decisions are out right retarded, like no vacuum pickup for currency, and still no actual trading where scammers thrive.

Deleted
    I am not bashing D3, the PoE tryhards are, dont confuse.

PoE is an amazing game, with 0 quality of life changes making it an annoying disgusting game at most times, which is why it always had a niche crowd of people while even more bought the Necromancer pack despite D3 being an inferior game, its far superior at "Not making your eye twitch" about the lack of QoL.

Some of their decisions are out right retarded, like no vacuum pickup for currency, and still no actual trading where scammers thrive.
    I did not even think you were bashing D3.
    Yep i do agree that some of their decisions are not the best.
    I am not affected by trading, because i am in no way gonna participate in that, but understanding that what you say about scammers is totally true, if they were to bring some kind of AH, would not the game suffer from the exact same problem Vanilla D3 had with the AH? (Unless they exclude gear, and allow just Maps, orbs and those minor things)

I did not even think you were bashing D3.
    Yep i do agree that some of their decisions are not the best.
    I am not affected by trading, because i am in no way gonna participate in that, but understanding that what you say about scammers is totally true, if they were to bring some kind of AH, would not the game suffer from the exact same problem Vanilla D3 had with the AH? (Unless they exclude gear, and allow just Maps, orbs and those minor things)
    Poe Trade site is an auction house, its just outside the game, making scammers thrive which is why people call for an in game one.

You cant price-fix on an in-game auction house cause you will sell the item if you try to price fix, its just not words on the site and you AFK while ignoring everyone with DnD on or just ignoring while with your private indexer you wait for some poor soul to underprice his item so you can leech it and then sell it at its actual value.

Also there is the case of "poe trade" being used as the official one, while it lags behind, even hours sometimes while private indexers dont, making it once more, unfair and stupid.

As i have already said, PoE is a great game but with some very bad decisions, and it wouldnt surprise me if the reason is actual profits from the RMT happening which is why no trade improvements are coming.

Deleted
    and it wouldnt surprise me if the reason is actual profits from the RMT happening which is why no trade improvements are coming.
    Yeah i do have absolutely no proof or even idea of how trade exactly works in this game, but i must confess i have consider that this could be happening.
    I think i read and interview to one of D3 developers, weeks after the release of the game, talking about how his father paid 100 bucks for a bow in D2.
    So knowing that there is actually people willing to pay for gear, the possibility of developers trying to get their share of that exists, no doubt.
    After all was not the main reason for blizz to close real money AH in D3 the legal problems that they could have with it?

Deleted
    Only type of character that I'd avoid at the start is bow characters. They have a rough start if you don't have leveling uniques compared to everyone else.
    Even knowing that you do have a far better understanding of the game that i do, this is not true at all.
    It is by far the easiest char to begin to play the game with.
    My ranger is my most powerful character by far, i do have at the moment 3 uniques equipped, the quiver that allows me to use two siege ballistas instead of one, a leather chestpiece that gives a lot of fire prot (other than that it is useless) and a belt that gives a nice boost to elemental damage.
    Even if i do unequip all those three legendaries, with siege ballista four links, burning arrow also four links for single target and split arrow for multiple targets, the build works like a charm, it is very fast, even having only one siege ballista, only thing you have to really do at bosses is tossing it and move, and because of the insane range you clear zones without any danger.
    The build just like that it is so good i have not even tried other skills yet.
    I am playing all classes except the scion, and the easiest to play has been the bow ranger, and i am new to the game.

OMG i meant uniques, not legendaries, LOL
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-08-28 at 01:05 PM.

Even knowing that you do have a far better understanding of the game that i do, this is not true at all.
    It is by far the easiest char to begin to play the game with.
    My ranger is my most powerful character by far, i do have at the moment 3 uniques equipped, the quiver that allows me to use two siege ballistas instead of one, a leather chestpiece that gives a lot of fire prot (other than that it is useless) and a belt that gives a nice boost to elemental damage.
    Even if i do unequip all those three legendaries, with siege ballista four links, burning arrow also four links for single target and split arrow for multiple targets, the build works like a charm, it is very fast, even having only one siege ballista, only thing you have to really do at bosses is tossing it and move, and because of the insane range you clear zones without any danger.
    The build just like that it is so good i have not even tried other skills yet.
    I am playing all classes except the scion, and the easiest to play has been the bow ranger, and i am new to the game.

OMG i meant uniques, not legendaries, LOL
    You havent even experienced 5% of the game knowledge required btw, not insulting, just letting you know, the build you are describing despite fun is also considered useless in a way, it is a "Meme build" as its called

The Acts are a joke, there are a few tricky places but they nerfed them, Act 10 was a disgusting pain, not because it was hard, because you couldnt see the red spectral throw in a the red background.

PoE does a few things badly, in terms of mob health and delusion of a good build, especially during acts, it makes you think your build is good when its garbage.

Dont forget if you do wanna play "Path of Exile" you are supposed to play the Atlas mostly, or Mapping as its called, its where the actual knowledge is required, not killing monkeys in Acts that are underpowered.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-08-28 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    I stuck with firestorm and GC totem until around 50, when I started getting higher cast speed via gear and skill tree. I would not recommend switching to totems before that, unless you're down with herding mobs/temp chains every pack. I just threw flameblast totem on every now and then until it felt right, and then it was boom boom boom from then.

Daggers, scepters, shields, rings, gloves, passives are where I find most cast speed. Also Inquisitor ascension helped. Don't be bummed if it's lame when you first try it, because it is with low cast speed. Try it, if it works do it up, if it's still too slow throw glacial cascade in your totem and switch to the cold dmg aura until you get that cast speed up.
    Yeah really loving the build atm, everything just exploding 63 atm in act 9 and going very nice.

Deleted
    You havent even experienced 5% of the game knowledge required btw, not insulting, just letting you know, the build you are describing despite fun is also considered useless in a way, it is a "Meme build" as its called
    Sure, i know, but we were talking about playing a class for starting the game, not for end game content, so i assumed we were just talking of a good class for the acts, for early leveling.
    I guess a build that does 10k dps, and has zero problems for clearing zones because mobs do not get close to it alive, it is good enough for that, specially because it does require no unique loot for doing so.
    I am sure as hell siege ballistas will not work at some point, i have put zero skill points in totems, but some people say they have problems with builds, much sooner than reaching act 7, and i can tell you that this meme build is perfect for that.
    Yeah i am sure end-game is a different beast, and my ranger will not play at all like it is playing now, but for what he is doing right now (leveling and starting the game) the build is more than sustainable.

- - - Updated - - -

The Acts are a joke, there are a few tricky places but they nerfed them, Act 10 was a disgusting pain, not because it was hard, because you couldnt see the red spectral throw in a the red background.
    Well, letting people brute force bosses, instead of making it so that you have to start the boss fight from scratch if you die, does not help a lot in this department.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-08-28 at 02:18 PM.