Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...medium=twitter

This is a joke right? "I need asylum from my country, but I'll go back and visit there on holiday!"
    Seems fair to disallow it. I mean, if you are fleeing, then you aren't heading back on vacation.

Where I am from, they aren't permitted vacation within the first year or so, else they'll lose support.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Its stating the obvious that as seeking asylum means you are being persecuted with danger to your life in your country of origin, going back there for a holiday means you are not in need of asylum but you seek to immigrate which is an entirely different legislative pattern.
    That's a point many struggle with.
    They equate Asylum with Immigration.
    When in fact - at least for Germany - it's two vastly different routes.
    Asylants are subject to leaving Germany again, once the threat, the reason for asylum ceased to exist.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Isn't that the law? For decades?
    I knew people living in Germany who couldn't visit their home country because they knew even if they could somehow manage to visit their families without getting killed or arrested, they would not be able to come back.
    Many of them used to arrange meetings in a third country, usually Turkey.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2017-08-28 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Oh come on, isnt it obvious that iam trolling. "Refugees" doing holidays in a warzone, alone writing that gave me a little stroke.
    Holidays is a term.. a name..
    You go on vacation during holidays.

Maybe English isn't your first language and you missing some of the details. And that's what might add to some confusion?
    During holidays people travel sometimes. What they do is secondary.
    This case is one of those things that could cause conflicts.

plus.. Merkel talks about Asylants. Legal and practical difference

Refugees are people that arrive on German land. These refugees become asylum seekers, by applying for Asylum. Once approved, they become Asylants.
    Merkel talked about the third and possibly second group. Not the first group. For the first group exists no legal obligation on both sides.
    And not all asylants are from warzones.
    There are other reasons for Asylum too.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2017-08-28 at 12:47 PM.

Merkel, the worst thing to have happened to Europe...

Ah yes the alt-right self-defeating "I have no mind/brains of my own and just choose the opposite of what everyone else chooses" stance.

First they say economic refugees should be deported/not accepted.

Then when Angela Merkel, beacon of the progressive world agrees with the regressives on the issue, they do a 180.

Gotta count on flip-flopping little-miss-contrary alt-righters to do that.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Germany is a free land and every refugee can do what he want to do.
    You must be ratarded if you think that a refugee doing the same shit that we do on holidays, they go there to visit and help there family or mourn over the graves of there loved ones.
    Or you know like the vast majority of them, just go home for an actual holiday...or are you so naïve to believe they are all running from war and not just looking for paradise in welfaring econimics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Or you know like the vast majority of them, just go home for an actual holiday...or are you so naïve to believe they are all running from war and not just looking for paradise in welfaring econimics.
    Don't forget, the Deplorable Regressives are also the ones who were whining about how economic refugeeism is bad.

This is just them being little-miss-contrary like they always do on any issue, because they have no minds or stances of their own.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2017-08-28 at 12:56 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Holidays is a term.. a name..
    You go on vacation during holidays.

Maybe English isn't your first language and you missing some of the details. And that's what might add to some confusion?
    During holidays people travel sometimes. What they do is secondary.
    This case is one of those things that could cause conflicts.

plus.. Merkel talks about Asylants. Legal and practical difference

Refugees are people that arrive on German land. These refugees become asylum seekers, by applying for Asylum. Once approved, they become Asylants.
    Merkel talked about the third and possibly second group. Not the first group. For the first group exists no legal obligation on both sides.
    And not all asylants are from warzones.
    There are other reasons for Asylum too.
    Yup, its my second language. And i was a bit over exaggerated with my second sentence, we throw now 2 years different terms around to label that people in help thats why i quoted refugees and warzone was just the worst case szenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Its very simple to be honest, the rights of asylum seekers are controlled by international conventions binding to most if not all countries while immigration is mainly subject to national (and in the case of EU subject to European) legislation.

Asylum seekers enjoy far more benefits which inter alia include: the right to choose country, the right to certain benefits, the right to bring family over, the right to get citizenship faster etc.

Immigration can be subject to 100s of things: level of knowledge of language, level of working expertise, ability to finance yourself etc.
    Well, they too have some domestic laws to follow. Not just international arrangements.

Like working.
    Refugees cannot work. They won't get a permit.
    Asylum seekers might, or might not. Depending on what category of asylum seeker they are in. Germany has three different tiers.
    Without having to write a novel, the time frames for Asylum Seekers/Asylants vary from at least 3 month to 4 years until they can work.
    3 month is a very limited permit. Gets a bit broadened after 15 month, and then a full permit after 4 years.

There are an array or laws/regulations to be considered and followed.
    One can read up about it for weeks, I suppose, on the official website of the federal office for migration and refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    She's the current leader of the free world, all since the US gave up and went back to a medieval society.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    There are so many things wrong with this post that you don't quite know where to begin.

1. "Them" means exactly what? A gay man from Uganda? Family of 4 from Syria? Political activist from Russia? Stateless people?
    2. Statistically a "vast majority" of them are running away from war zones.
    3. Do you think being a refugee is "paradise"?

...and then you top it off by calling someone else "naive". What sort of people do you interact with on a daily basis if you can manage to hold onto opinions like this and not have them shattered by any random guy able to use a computer and sporting a triple digit IQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Germany is a free land and every refugee can do what he want to do.
    You must be ratarded if you think that a refugee doing the same shit that we do on holidays, they go there to visit and help there family or mourn over the graves of there loved ones.
    The point is clearly that if you are fleeing a warzone or political oppression, then when it comes time to have a vacation, you don't go back to a warzone or to where you're being oppressed.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The point is clearly that if you are fleeing a warzone or political oppression, then when it comes time to have a vacation, you don't go back to a warzone or to where you're being oppressed.
    Ofc you are right and that is a thing not even worth discussing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree, it should be common sense. Someone fleeing from warzone should not go back - I say: should - because Germany is bound to certain international treaties and they cannot hold people captive to the country. They could however say that going back is equal to going back home, returning while having the refugee tag on should not be possible. If they are naturalized citizens they are free to go whereever they want to however, even if they fancy some bullet-catching in the Middle East.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc you are right and that is a thing not even worth discussing.
    The subject of this thread isn't worth discussing?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    How so? Shes one of the most successful leaders in german history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...medium=twitter

This is a joke right? "I need asylum from my country, but I'll go back and visit there on holiday!"
    What if they have family in that country who cannot leave to come see you in your new home? I see nothing wrong with visiting them, maybe bringing them some comfort.

I know the US doesn't use the term "Going on Holiday" the same way the UK does. Going on Holiday could just mean staying home for 4 days in the UK. Where in the US, it leans more towards the idea of celebration. Going on Holiday just means taking time off of work.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Makes sense if your home country is so bad you had to escape it and seek asylum there is absolutely no reason to return to it.

As far as I'm concerned they should have their status retracted and be deported for lying.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    She's the current leader of the free world, all since the US gave up and went back to a medieval society.
    Haha, no she isn't.