Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    The event is still know as Robert's rebellion even if not him that started it. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...%27s_Rebellion
    Brandon and Rickard got killed because they asked Rhaegar to "come out and die" since they though he abducted Lyanna, which was a lie.

So the event knew as "Robert's rebellion" was indeed built on a lie.
    It doesn't matter if Lyanna wanted to go, taking away a lady promised to another and banging/marrying her would still be worth a decapitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Honestly you gotta cut them some slack. If the army of the dead had been growing for the 8000 years the WW were chilling, the entire world wouldn't stand a chance.
    I doubt they're going to win with soldiers anyway. Jon's going to 1v1 that sumbitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Sure if you wanna be like any other predictable boring show or movie go with the formulaic approach and have good guys save the day...you know the opposite of what game of thrones started out as. Its all good.
    Most of this show has both predictable and unpredictable parts. The latter part is going to be predictable, because they are out of time and are not basing their scripts on finished books. Further, this is a television show and certain limitations come with this genre. That being said, I don't care for this season as much as I did for the previous seasons, but I'm willing to be a bit gracious about it for the reasons listed above, among others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Honestly you gotta cut them some slack. If the army of the dead had been growing for the 8000 years the WW were chilling, the entire world wouldn't stand a chance.
    I think Dany said "at least 100,000" too, natch. So 100,000-ish she was able to estimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You'd have to be really naive to think Arya/Sansa would actually fight.

" Jon is Lyanna's son but we have no proof he's Rhaegar's '' level naive.

- - - Updated - - -

Arthas/Syndragosa make the NK look like a bitch.

100,000 undead? That's cute.
    True that. I shit on WoW for a lot of things, but the scourge and the lich king trump the night king and his wights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    I think Dany said "at least 100,000" too, natch. So 100,000-ish she was able to estimate.
    If we accepted the premise that they were massing dead a few years after their defeat, 100.000 is nowhere near the number i reckon.

If that were the case i imagine the army of the dead would go along the entire extension of the wall and then some.

But lets say it numbers around the same as mordor's army besieging minas tirith in lotr — 200,000 — the living would still have enough to contend with, if one accepts the unsullied numbering 8000 and the dothtraki around 20000

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    The event is still know as Robert's rebellion even if not him that started it. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...%27s_Rebellion
    Brandon and Rickard got killed because they asked Rhaegar to "come out and die" since they though he abducted Lyanna, which was a lie.

So the event knew as "Robert's rebellion" was indeed built on a lie.
    No, it wasn't.
    The rebellion started when Jon Arryn refused to chop off Ned Starks head for the 'crimes' of his father - As long as Brandon and Rickard Stark were executed by the mad king, it wasn't started on a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    They're completely different people. Not nativity at all. From Aryas view, she had reason to be angry with Sansa.
    No she didn't. Any moron would realise that letter was not truthful. Sansa was what, 12 during Season 1. Her father was hostage.

And the whole " why didn't you try to stop them from killing father " is bullshit because Sansa DID try to stop them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No, it wasn't.
    The rebellion started when Jon Arryn refused to chop off Ned Starks head for the 'crimes' of his father - As long as Brandon and Rickard Stark were executed by the mad king, it wasn't started on a lie.
    Aerys also demanded Robert's head, who did nothing bar say " Yo he kidnapped my future wife and raped her I don't think I'm ok with that "

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn that was on hell of a finale. Despite it's shorter run length, this season has been all killer, no filler.

We now have 100% iron clad proof of R+L=J. I'm sure people will still try to argue against it, but frankly I don't care... Also, got to love a bit of premium cable Wincest.

EVERY line of the Hound's this episode was excellent, and his line to Gregor pretty much confirms for me that we WILL be getting Cleganebowl next season.

Loved Littlefinger's final scene. Watching him panic as he realises that all his planning is just fucking crashing and burning around him, then seeing Arya walk up and almost dismissively slash his throat and walk away. SO boss.

I have one question though: So we now know that Jon's real name is Aegon Targaryen... Is this just the shows way of bringing the Young Griff story into GoT OR, is Jon the real Aegon, and Young Griff is actually a Blackfyre, and this reveal will stay the same in the books?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Read an interesting theory last night that Tyrion might have promised Cersie her child would be heir to Dany's throne since she claims she will never have children and that's why he lingered and looked troubled when Dany and Jon went to get it on. That's why Cersie "agreed" on the truce/military partnership. Now of course we know now that wasn't true but if the theory is correct that could be trouble for Tyrion down the line if Dany finds out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Bran Stark: Jon, you were so beautiful the night you fucked your Aunt.
    lolol #savage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Read an interesting theory last night that Tyrion might have promised Cersie her child would be heir to Dany's throne since she claims she will never have children and that's why he lingered and looked troubled when Dany and Jon went to get it on. That's why Cersie "agreed" on the truce/military partnership. Now of course we know now that wasn't true but if the theory is correct that could be trouble for Tyrion down the line if Dany finds out.
    Cersei would always be "convinced" by Tyrion. Remember, Euron left the grand meeting way before Tyrion went to speak with Cersei, so the plan was always to trick Dany's camp with a truce and get the Golden Company. The undead just made everything easier for Euron and Cersei.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-08-28 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    How is Arya supposed to know that? She's not Bran. She saw Sansa up there alongside Cersei and Joffrey before Yoren/Joren(whatever his name was) took her. It's completely understandable from Aryas point of view, which you have to take into consideration when thinking about why she's acting that way.

And how old she was isn't really relevant considering Arya dropped the "Lyanna Mormont" bomb. While it's understandable to us, it's not to Arya, hence her anger.
    Because she was fucking 12 and a 12 year old wouldn't know any better?

Seriously I feel like half the show watchers can't think for themselves and that's why they need to do the cringe level exposition.

" Jaime Lannister! He's the queen's brother! "

" A trout... isn't that the sigil of your wife's House? "

Come the fuck on.

GoT isn't a universe for moutbreathers. ASOIAF even less so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Cersei would always be "convinced" by Tyrion. Remember, Euron left the grand meeting away before Tyrion went to speak with Cersei, so the plan was always to trick Dany's camp with a truce and get the Golden Company. The undead just made everything easier for Euron and Cersei.
    Yeah you're right on that I'm sure she would have agreed to anything but still you have to wonder why Tyrion was so bothered by Dany/Jon. As far as I know it's not like he's shown any sort of interest in her romantically so it's probably not that. My only other guess is he doesn't want them to be distracted for the war to come.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Because she was fucking 12 and a 12 year old wouldn't know any better?
    In the GoT universe? Many characters were already plotting and killing by that age.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aw, Littlefinger was such a cutthroat
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Underwhelming season, too predictable, felt like a filler no surprises. Overall great but they have set the bars high in previous seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Hey-o!

I mentioned before that I loved how there was no fucking around from Arya in that scene. Exactly how I'd expect someone with that training to act, no hesitation, no talking and yapping, no giving the victim time to react. I found it odd that the Mountain hesitated after Cersei seemed to give the order, though. He's pretty much a mindless automaton now I thought.
    She never actually intended to kill Jaime and was just trying to intimidate him so she probably set that up with zombie mountain before hand in the event that Jaime goes against her. Probably needs a double confirmation. Anyone else would have been cut down.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame they're rushing so much. Hopefully next season the episode count is twice as much, especially if it's the last season. There's so much plot and stories to tell. Should learn from Supernatural and it's 25 episodes in a season. I believe GOT is even more popular than SP, so money shouldn't be the issue.

But at least there will be the spin off series. If they are even nearly as good.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

So...

Are Tormund and Beric dead?

:/