Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I've found a trend recently among show defenders who like to say, "Well, D&D were told everything, and you don't know what's in the new books, SO THIS MUST BE IT!"
    For me it's more, we've been shown the show version of the reveal, so we have to wait for the book to see how it compares with the show version. It might be really different in the book, or it can be really close. We kinda just have to wait and see for now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ned calling him Jon Snow kinda fits with Aegon though, as Jon sounds is kinda part of the name Aegon when you say it.
    Last edited by Mellomania; 2017-08-31 at 10:24 PM.

Or, yanno, it could be named after Ned's friend and benefactor Jon Arryn, whom he had been warding with right before the war.

Wonder where Bronn goes from here. Jamie left, Pod and Tyrion are already there. And Lena and Jerome cant share a set or scenes together. Does he just show up at Winterfell?

And shouldn't Pod be knighted* at this point, for making it so far?
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2017-09-01 at 02:09 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    To be frank, I doubt Jon will ever be called Aegon by anyone in the show. He will remain Jon. So there's no reason to freak out about that choice of name.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Think Arya kept Littlefinger's face?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    To be frank, I doubt Jon will ever be called Aegon by anyone in the show. He will remain Jon. So there's no reason to freak out about that choice of name.
    Well...there is one reason...for some of us anyway.

Reason #1
    How will this play out with the Golden Company?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Seems very likely, though with his public'ish death, pretending to be him may or may not work out. Depends on how fast word travels I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Well...there is one reason...for some of us anyway.

Reason #1
    How will this play out with the Golden Company?
    Why should it matter? The Golden Company may not have the same history in the show. If they are Targaryen supporters, they would not accept Cersei's offer even if Jon Snow weren't really Aegon Targaryen or if he weren't known as Aegon Targaryen. Because they would not fight against Daenerys either. Since there is no Aegon in the show, and that Jon/Aegon has no history with the Golden Company, unlike book Aegon, then show GC are probably not Targaryen sympathizers and they wouldn't give a sh*t about Jon Snow or even Daenerys. If they were pro-Targs, they would have manifested themselves already. Therefore, the fact that Jon's real name is Aegon is really of no consequence. The fact that he is a Targaryen is much more important.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post

I can't
    #savage af

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Show doesn't have enough presence of mind to make use of this. Also a ton of people saw him die, not sure what she'd do with it other than a creepy memento.

10+ Year Old Account
    So whats the verdict on Tyrion being a turncoat, even if it was just offering Jon's allegiance to Cersei in some way?

Do you think Bran and Sam will tell Jon? Like if you found out your friend was sleeping with their aunt who is also a threat to your friend potentially taking the Iron Throne would you tell them?

And can we give up to the Night King? One of the coolest (so far) villains...no forces of nature in a work of fiction. Now maybe its because we see so little of him and because he doesn't speak but I think that makes him that more badass. He is without all the cartoon villainry of even the most notorious villains across various mediums, his is cold (literally and figuratively), driven, calculating, and menacing. He does only what is necessary to meet his ends, not wasting time or energy and anything else. Really hope they don't break his character as we see more of him in the future.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Why should it matter? The Golden Company may not have the same history in the show. If they are Targaryen supporters, they would not accept Cersei's offer even if Jon Snow weren't really Aegon Targaryen or if he weren't known as Aegon Targaryen. Because they would not fight against Daenerys either. Since there is no Aegon in the show, and that Jon/Aegon has no history with the Golden Company, unlike book Aegon, then show GC are probably not Targaryen sympathizers and they wouldn't give a sh*t about Jon Snow or even Daenerys. If they were pro-Targs, they would have manifested themselves already. Therefore, the fact that Jon's real name is Aegon is really of no consequence. The fact that he is a Targaryen is much more important.
    In response to that I would say, it will only matter if it matters. If it doesn't, then it will not matter.

So like, if it's thing, it will matter. But if it's not a thing, then it will not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if something's going to happen from it, then it will matter. But it nothing comes from it...then it will not.

Deleted
    I think Jon will be called Aemon in the books.

They named him Aegon in the show because they've barely ever mentioned Rhaegars other kids, and so they could make the tie in to Aegon the Conqueror who keeps getting mentioned.

I think it'll be Aemon in the books as some sort of tie in to Maester Aemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

They named him Aegon in the show because they've barely ever mentioned Rhaegars other kids, and so they could make the tie in to Aegon the Conqueror who keeps getting mentioned.

Aemon might be apropos. Like I said earlier, Aerys would be even crazier. And it kind of makes sense, since Rhaegar was literally the only person who liked his father, and it would cause tension in basically flaunting the Mad King and all they (Robert's Rebellion) worked to overthrow sort of re-born anew in Jon.

I doubt anyone in ASoIaF will ever call Jon anything but Jon, though, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

Agreed

Poetic that the previous Aemon was the one that turned down the throne and I'm 99.9% Jon will do the same, whenever it comes to light in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    #savage af

- - - Updated - - -

Show doesn't have enough presence of mind to make use of this. Also a ton of people saw him die, not sure what she'd do with it other than a creepy memento.
    Well, if news is slow or not believable, Arya could help slip people or fuck things up disguised as LF in Kings Landing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Aemon might be apropos. Like I said earlier, Aerys would be even crazier. And it kind of makes sense, since Rhaegar was literally the only person who liked his father, and it would cause tension in basically flaunting the Mad King and all they (Robert's Rebellion) worked to overthrow sort of re-born anew in Jon.

I doubt anyone in ASoIaF will ever call Jon anything but Jon, though, tbh.
    Oh yeah I doubt he'll ever go by his Targ name, maybe if he and Dany do end up getting together, it'll be a sort of "official" thing, like a regnal name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    Agreed

Poetic that the previous Aemon was the one that turned down the throne and I'm 99.9% Jon will do the same, whenever it comes to light in the books.
    Didn't think about the refusing the throne angle, that's a nice touch, I was more thinking of that it hammers home his connection to the only Targ he knew personally.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Do you think Bran and Sam will tell Jon? Like if you found out your friend was sleeping with their aunt who is also a threat to your friend potentially taking the Iron Throne would you tell them?
    ?
    They both are Targaryen, who are known for keeping their bloodline pure and practicing incest. And really, with what we already saw/heard, relationship between aunt and nephew, who are at similar age, who know each other for such a short time, is not THAT bad.

And what makes you think she is a threat?
    She is not a threat to him since he would never want to rule the seven kingdoms willfully. He didnt want to be the king in the north, a place that's part of him, let alone the rest of the kingdoms.
    He is not a threat to her since she got to know how good human he is. He practically wants the same as her - a better world for people.
    And whats stopping them from marrying and ruling together? If the story was to be going to end as happy end, they would defeat the NK, then Cersei, then marry and rule over westeros together, with their first son being the next king. Basically renewing Targaryen dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Wonder where Bronn goes from here. Jamie left, Pod and Tyrion are already there. And Lena and Jerome cant share a set or scenes together. Does he just show up at Winterfell?
    My guess is he just never shows up again. There is too much story to tell in six episodes, and they need to cut all the chaff from the wheat. Bronn said he was going to ride off into the sunset if it got too dicey and his story ending with him have final words with all the major characters he interacted with and then heading off from a drink sure feels like a send off to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh they might not even reveal on the show what his real name is and what his birthright is, im still 50/50 if they will reveal it i could see them keeping it for their own after they see hes with dany.

Having them reveal his real name would get to much drama into the show and i want to see more action on the battlefield its only 6 episodes left so there is not that much time.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-09-01 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    ?
    They both are Targaryen, who are known for keeping their bloodline pure and practicing incest. And really, with what we already saw/heard, relationship between aunt and nephew, who are at similar age, who know each other for such a short time, is not THAT bad.

And what makes you think she is a threat?
    She is not a threat to him since he would never want to rule the seven kingdoms willfully. He didnt want to be the king in the north, a place that's part of him, let alone the rest of the kingdoms.
    He is not a threat to her since she got to know how good human he is. He practically wants the same as her - a better world for people.
    And whats stopping them from marrying and ruling together? If the story was to be going to end as happy end, they would defeat the NK, then Cersei, then marry and rule over westeros together, with their first son being the next king. Basically renewing Targaryen dynasty.
    Jon wasnt raised a Targaryen, so the incest background wouldnt appeal to him. Hell, the man was pretty much a prude apart from his old Wildling girlfriend (I know here name, cant spell it). If of Danny was intent on keeping bloodlines pure then she probably wouldve married her brother...All said and done, the North is less accepting of that kind of incest. They arent commiting incest themselves because they dont know but Im specifically talking about the knowledge that Sam and Bran have.

Jon doesnt pursue seats of power but he does do what he fills is necessary. If he or someone can convince him that he would be a better ruler because he grew up in Westeros, has the North behind him, and more in touch with the commoner you think he wouldnt consider taking the throne? The people arent going to be so hot about following a dragon riding Targaryen from a foreign land.

If they accept a Targaryen then all someone really has to do is throw in Jons birthright and resume as Lord Commander, King of the North, and potentially Night King Slayer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Tbh they might not even reveal on the show what his real name is and what his birthright is, im still 50/50 if they will reveal it i could see them keeping it for their own after they see hes with dany.

Having them reveal his real name would get to much drama into the show and i want to see more action on the battlefield its only 6 episodes left so there is not that much time.
    Bran has no chill and I dont Sam is enough to keep Bran from telling Jon as soon as he reunites with him. Thats just assuming Sam doesnt say anything, which is a toss up to be honest.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Bran has no chill and I dont Sam is enough to keep Bran from telling Jon as soon as he reunites with him. Thats just assuming Sam doesnt say anything, which is a toss up to be honest.
    Tbh i would pick Sam to tell him if he gets to know and not Bran.

LOL

Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-09-01 at 03:31 PM.