Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Try reading. They are when Nintendo should be focusing on more important matters. Achievements should be the last thing that console gets.
    Try reading what lol

You deem storage more important. I deem achievements more. That doesn't make one more true than the other.

I spent £50 more on a PS4 with a 1TB HDD. What does that say?
    That...you could spend that on extra storage on the Switch too, but it doesn't even need it as much as the PS4 does, where almost every game needs to install 10-20gbs

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Try reading what lol

You deem storage more important. I deem achievements more. That doesn't make one more true than the other.

That...you could spend that on extra storage on the Switch too, but it doesn't even need it as much as the PS4 does, where almost every game needs to install 10-20gbs
    Well NBA has kind of disproved that considering it can't even install on the Switch on it's own. Which means any dev wanting to port a game that is bigger is going to have a hard time.

And again Storage is way more important than achievements. One is vanity the other is actually being able to play your games. Silly to suggest otherwise.

My point was I got 968 GB more storage for £50 on a proper HDD. Don't try and claim Nintendo upping the internal storage to 256 GB would suddenly shoot up the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try reading what lol

1 affects games, hardware development and game development, the other is an afterthought. Just because you value achievements does not make achievements equal to storage.

Well NBA has kind of disproved that considering it can't even install on the Switch on it's own. Which means any dev wanting to port a game that is bigger is going to have a hard time.

And again Storage is way more important than achievements. One is vanity the other is actually being able to play your games. Silly to suggest otherwise.

My point was I got 968 GB more storage for £50 on a proper HDD. Don't try and claim Nintendo upping the internal storage to 256 GB would suddenly shoot up the price.
    An HDD isn't gonna fit in a Switch. Compare micro storage to an HDD in price.

An HDD isn't gonna fit in a Switch. Compare micro storage to an HDD in price.
    Are you literally ignoring what I post? My point was the storage I got that was considerably larger was not that much more expensive.

They could up the storage in a revised/deluxe model as they did with the Wii U.

If you really think that upping it to 256 GB is going to suddenly throw it up to £400/£450 or more then that's laughable. Hell 128 GB is fine for it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-02 at 04:49 AM.

Are you literally ignoring what I post? My point was the storage I got that was considerably larger was not that much more expensive.

They could up the storage in a revised/deluxe model as they did with the Wii U.

If you really think that upping it to 256 GB is going to suddenly throw it up to £400/£450 or more then that's laughable. Hell 128 GB is fine for it.
    If it's not that much of a price difference, then why does it matter if you have to spend it to get it from somewhere else, while having a cheaper entry point?

And no, I'm not ignoring your point, you're ignoring the fact that it's not gonna be as simple as the HDD, which are far cheaper overall.

If it's not that much of a price difference, then why does it matter if you have to spend it to get it from somewhere else, while having a cheaper entry point?
    Because why should you have to buy it elsewhere? Why can't it be provided as it's the norm most of the time?

Just stop. Nintendo fucked up with the storage.

Because why should you have to buy it elsewhere? Why can't it be provided as it's the norm most of the time?

Just stop. Nintendo fucked up with the storage.
    Because it allowed them to have a cheaper entry point due to everything else already being pretty pricey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it allowed them to have a cheaper entry point due to everything else already being pretty pricey.
    Why does it have HD rumble then? Take that out because its not that great and you have a cheaper system.

- - - Updated - - -

Also cheaper entry point? Its the same price range is higher than the competition. Nintendo also sucks at discounts for their games.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Why does it have HD rumble then? Take that out because its not that great and you have a cheaper system.
    Because they wanted it for some reason? I dunno man.

Also cheaper entry point? Its the same price range is higher than the competition. Nintendo also sucks at discounts for their games.
    The other competition that's already outdated by their own upgrades (Pro/X).

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they wanted it for some reason? I dunno man.

The other competition that's already outdated by their own upgrades (Pro/X).
    Dont defend including or excluding something to keep it cheaper as an argument then.

And yet despite being outdated, still play the same games. Heck the Xbox One X is less than 300 in most places.

Dont defend including or excluding something to keep it cheaper as an argument then.

And yet despite being outdated, still play the same games. Heck the Xbox One X is less than 300 in most places.
    I can very well continue to defended the specific situation of memory, because it actually has a reasoning. I can't speak for why they have a hard on for HD Rumble, but that doesn't change the memory issue.

And where the hell are you finding an Xbox One X for less than 300 when the base unit is $500

10+ Year Old Account
    I can very well continue to defended the specific situation of memory, because it actually has a reasoning. I can't speak for why they have a hard on for HD Rumble, but that doesn't change the memory issue.

And where the hell are you finding an Xbox One X for less than 300 when the base unit is $500
    I don't think so other than excuses and poor decision making on Nintendos part.

Uuuhhhhhhhhh I thought you were talking about entry point. The Xbox one S is less than 300 in most places and so is the original model.

Well done Tendo, another gimmick. It was marketed as a hybrid, they said its a hybrid, thus it should have more storage than my phone. Least it got this HD rumble for that 1 game that no 1 likes.

Think it will become exercise equipment like the Wii?
    whether someone believes the switch is a portable or a home console or a hybrid you cannot argue that FUNCTIONALLY it is a handheld as in you can take the entire system with you.

saying "well its a hybrid" has no affect on the physical limitations of having to take something with you. it be like having a boat with wheels and saying "i know its a boat with wheels but the wheels make it kind of a shitty boat" well, it cant be a car and a boat without the damn wheels so functionally at its core it has to be able to function as a car even if that impedes someone who would rather it just be a boat.

they shouldve included an sd card yes, however theres not really anyway to have more base internal storage without making it even bigger. if anything i think its more likely to see a switch with even LESS space that is smaller than a switch with more space
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I don't think so other than excuses and poor decision making on Nintendos part.
    Uuuhhhhhhhhh I thought you were talking about entry point. The Xbox one S is less than 300 in most places and so is the original model.
    You...said Xbox One X. It's right there in your post. The Xbox One X is NOT the entry point, it's their "PLAY 4K GUYES" console.

And no, you can continue to bible thump your hate for Nintendo, and some of what they did IS illogical (Phone app, Friend Codes still, 1 2 Switch, no achievements, etc), but the memory is not really one of those things. Give it another year or two, and I'd still be willing to bet there's no Nintendo games that require past the base memory of the Switch, and that the ones from 3rd party that do will be extremely small, next one probably being Xenoblade.

10+ Year Old Account
    You...said Xbox One X. It's right there in your post. The Xbox One X is NOT the entry point, it's their "PLAY 4K GUYES" console.

And no, you can continue to bible thump your hate for Nintendo, and some of what they did IS illogical (Phone app, Friend Codes still, 1 2 Switch, no achievements, etc), but the memory is not really one of those things. Give it another year or two, and I'd still be willing to bet there's no Nintendo games that require past the base memory of the Switch, and that the ones from 3rd party that do will be extremely small, next one probably being Xenoblade.
    Oh my bad. I meant S.

Im not bible thumbing anything. It should have more storage. Its a game system. Its not illogical for them to have put in more storage. Maybe Nintendo should stop saying they will also have third party games then. Kinda starting to sound like false advertising outside of botched ports, and very special situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    whether someone believes the switch is a portable or a home console or a hybrid you cannot argue that FUNCTIONALLY it is a handheld as in you can take the entire system with you.

saying "well its a hybrid" has no affect on the physical limitations of having to take something with you. it be like having a boat with wheels and saying "i know its a boat with wheels but the wheels make it kind of a shitty boat" well, it cant be a car and a boat without the damn wheels so functionally at its core it has to be able to function as a car even if that impedes someone who would rather it just be a boat.

they shouldve included an sd card yes, however theres not really anyway to have more base internal storage without making it even bigger. if anything i think its more likely to see a switch with even LESS space that is smaller than a switch with more space
    I can tell ya that they coulda done it. They seemed to spent a bit too much time on HD rumble, which is why their big press conference focused so goddam much on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

You really have no clue how internal storage or flash memory works. They can easily make it 128 GB/256 GB without compromising the size of the system.

Oh my bad. I meant S.

Im not bible thumbing anything. It should have more storage. Its a game system. Its not illogical for them to have put in more memory. Maybe Nintendo should stop saying they will also have third party games then. Kinda starting to sound like false advertising outside of botched ports, and very special situations.
    I'm not saying it would be illogical to have more, I'm saying it's an understandable reason. Hence why I'm more mad about the lack of achievements, because even the Vita has achievements, and it adds to replayability by giving you goals to accomplish.

You really have no clue how internal storage or flash memory works. They can easily make it 128 GB/256 GB without compromising the size of the system.
    And then we go back to how micro SD card and smaller storage in general costs far more than HDD storage, and it would have drove up the price far too much.

No not illogical. Downright moronic. They took a game console and went 10 years backwards with certain aspects. More even in some cases.

And if you want to claim the poster is hating on Nintendo well you are certainly close to jumping on the Nintendo bandwagon here. You aren't innocent here either.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-02 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying it would be illogical to have more, I'm saying it's an understandable reason. Hence why I'm more mad about the lack of achievements, because even the Vita has achievements, and it adds to replayability by giving you goals to accomplish.
    Its not an understandable reason. Its an excuse. A poor excuse.